U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 03:23 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,290,347 times

Advertisements

The Department of Justice on Friday sent letters to nine so-called "sanctuary" jurisdictions, threatening to withhold grant funding unless they prove that they are complying with federal law.

Recipients must certify compliance before June 30 in order to receive certain grants for the fiscal year 2016, The New York Times reported.

DOJ targets 9 jurisdictions in escalating crackdown on 'sanctuary cities' - Business Insider

Good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 11:42 PM

1,073 posts, read 494,579 times
The DOJ is starting a war it cannot win. That clown of an AJ general is spewing so many lies in that document. Does he truly believes that NYC is struggling with violent crime? He needs to read the stats. If he is smart he back off on threatening to withdraw those grants and focus on the money being laundered here, esp in real estate.

Old 04-22-2017, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
The DOJ is starting a war it cannot win. That clown of an AJ general is spewing so many lies in that document. Does he truly believes that NYC is struggling with violent crime? He needs to read the stats. If he is smart he back off on threatening to withdraw those grants and focus on the money being laundered here, esp in real estate.
Better to try and maybe "fail" than just give up when dealing with illegal aliens.

Old 04-22-2017, 09:26 AM

1,225 posts, read 361,874 times
Didn't Miami already fall in line?

Old 04-22-2017, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
Didn't Miami already fall in line?
I "think" it was Dade county, I'm not so sure about Miami city.

Old 04-22-2017, 10:29 AM

2,621 posts, read 1,353,537 times
With over 600 counties and cities aiding and abetting criminal illegal aliens, nine seems like a drop in the bucket.

Old 04-22-2017, 10:36 AM

32,800 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
With over 600 counties and cities aiding and abetting criminal illegal aliens, nine seems like a drop in the bucket.
Upwards of fifty million people, that a lot of people gonna feel it if these bozos don't start working with the feds. I don't want my local police to be hampered by this. Time for criminal aliens to leave one way or another.

Old 04-22-2017, 10:40 AM

9,804 posts, read 7,116,916 times
I still don't understand why the Libs love their illegal aliens so much?

I get that they like to take advantage of them by paying them less for work and there is that feel good pat on the back they get when they pledge "not to break up families"... but what else is there?

It seems pretty simple, you break the law and get caught, the Police check your ID against existing records and they find out you are here illegally. They should then call ICE.

Why are we letting people go that have broken the law?
What would happen to me if I wandered onto the property that belonged to these liberal mayors/governors. What if the back door was open and I wandered in and made myself a sandwich?

I say hold back their funding and let the public that suffers know exactly why.

Old 04-22-2017, 10:48 AM

2,621 posts, read 1,353,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I still don't understand why the Libs love their illegal aliens so much?

I get that they like to take advantage of them by paying them less for work and there is that feel good pat on the back they get when they pledge "not to break up families"... but what else is there?

It seems pretty simple, you break the law and get caught, the Police check your ID against existing records and they find out you are here illegally. They should then call ICE.

Why are we letting people go that have broken the law?
What would happen to me if I wandered onto the property that belonged to these liberal mayors/governors. What if the back door was open and I wandered in and made myself a sandwich?

I say hold back their funding and let the public that suffers know exactly why.
What is the real reason? The majority of illegal alien if given citizenship would vote for democrats.

Old 04-22-2017, 12:34 PM

1,225 posts, read 361,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Much of Florida is sanctuary. It amazes me how he won the state so easily
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or