U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 04:54 AM

6,934 posts, read 3,013,817 times

Advertisements

It's simple economics. They need the work, companies (and homeowners) need them as workers. All the tRUMP racist talk about immigration will backfire when companies can't build or renovate homes without hard working laborers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2017, 08:14 AM

24,163 posts, read 13,675,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Why don't you go after the people who hire illegals in the first place? If the penalties were severe enough to those who employ them illegally there would be no job market for them in the first place.
I do agree that the employers should be targeted and not just for construction but also in other fields .
Many of these illegal aliens are exploited too .

Here is an example from the car wash industry in SoCal

Article is from 2008 but we all know this stuff still goes on .

The car washes often seem to be run by immigrants ( im guessing legal if they own the business ) , usually middle eastern it seems .

Inspectors find dirt on books at Southern Calif. carwashes - LA Times

Old 04-23-2017, 08:56 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,062,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Why don't you go after the people who hire illegals in the first place? If the penalties were severe enough to those who employ them illegally there would be no job market for them in the first place.
And then they would just have more anchor babies to suck the teat of public assistance, that is what I see here as more jobs are mechanized that they had been doing and they aren't educated enough to be able to do something mechanized. They also bring in drugs, steal, whatever it takes to get cash.

Hitting the employers harder is a great idea, but opposed by politicians since they get their pockets stuffed by businesses and their wealthy friends who benefit from that cheap labor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
It's simple economics. They need the work, companies (and homeowners) need them as workers. All the tRUMP racist talk about immigration will backfire when companies can't build or renovate homes without hard working laborers.
No, it isn't simple economics. Simple economics says that illegal aliens are a huge expense in both dollars and lives. If they need to work, that is the concern of themselves and their mother country. Our citizens need to work, that is OUR concern: Civil-rights commish: Blacks hammered by illegal immigration Don't give me the bullcrap about "jobs Americans won't do" either: Are There Really Jobs Americans Won

Also, in the English language, we only capitalize the first letter in a proper name, now you could go with all caps, but otherwise, per OUR language, it is Trump. This is a very basic rule in OUR language.

We have the hard workers. They were pushed out to pay cheaper wages. If someone had paid to raise our kids (think anchor babies), gave us Section 8 housing and we would have had the school sending home backpacks filled with food for the weekend in addition to the food stamps and WIC the anchor were getting, we could have worked for less also. We are tired of carrying these illegals on our backs along with their low life employers, so that some rich guy can get over.

Nope, we have craftsmen being undercut on bids every single day by those that use illegals. Even companies with government contracts use sub-contractors that hire illegal aliens. At least 50% of the illegal aliens working are using stolen identities in order to get the jobs and even with e-verify and their enhancements made in 2013, some still slip through.

The law is the law. I suggest everyone that knows an illegal alien tell them their best bet is to load up the pickup and go home before we expel them.

Old 04-23-2017, 09:03 AM

1,225 posts, read 361,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
And then they would just have more anchor babies to suck the teat of public assistance, that is what I see here as more jobs are mechanized that they had been doing and they aren't educated enough to be able to do something mechanized. They also bring in drugs, steal, whatever it takes to get cash.

Hitting the employers harder is a great idea, but opposed by politicians since they get their pockets stuffed by businesses and their wealthy friends who benefit from that cheap labor.

No, it isn't simple economics. Simple economics says that illegal aliens are a huge expense in both dollars and lives. If they need to work, that is the concern of themselves and their mother country. Our citizens need to work, that is OUR concern: Civil-rights commish: Blacks hammered by illegal immigration Don't give me the bullcrap about "jobs Americans won't do" either: Are There Really Jobs Americans Won

Also, in the English language, we only capitalize the first letter in a proper name, now you could go with all caps, but otherwise, per OUR language, it is Trump. This is a very basic rule in OUR language.

We have the hard workers. They were pushed out to pay cheaper wages. If someone had paid to raise our kids (think anchor babies), gave us Section 8 housing and we would have had the school sending home backpacks filled with food for the weekend in addition to the food stamps and WIC the anchor were getting, we could have worked for less also. We are tired of carrying these illegals on our backs along with their low life employers, so that some rich guy can get over.

Nope, we have craftsmen being undercut on bids every single day by those that use illegals. Even companies with government contracts use sub-contractors that hire illegal aliens. At least 50% of the illegal aliens working are using stolen identities in order to get the jobs and even with e-verify and their enhancements made in 2013, some still slip through.

The law is the law. I suggest everyone that knows an illegal alien tell them their best bet is to load up the pickup and go home before we expel them.
Not to go off on a tangent, but WIC absolutely needs to be changed. They make it known that it's for anyone legal or illegal, American citizen child or foreign child. It has a very high poverty line threshold and I really don't understand why it exists anymore to be honest. I was grateful for it, but I believe that the main reason people take it is for the formula and baby food which often gets resold by those American and non American alike.

Old 04-25-2017, 05:57 AM

1,018 posts, read 386,167 times
Put up a "No Loitering" sign. Call the cops to remove them. Stop them from standing in front of stores or street corners.Cops stop contractors at Home Depot to check their Contractor License, why don't they ID the immigrants?

Old 04-25-2017, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
Put up a "No Loitering" sign. Call the cops to remove them. Stop them from standing in front of stores or street corners.Cops stop contractors at Home Depot to check their Contractor License, why don't they ID the immigrants?
Well in Los Angeles at least because of this

Special Order 40 is a police mandate implemented in 1979 by the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD), its Police Chief Daryl Gates and the Los Angeles City Council preventing LAPD officers from questioning people for the sole purpose of determining their immigration status.[1][2] The mandate was passed in an effort to encourage undocumented aliens to report crimes without intimidation.[2

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Order_40

Old 04-25-2017, 08:27 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,062,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post

Special Order 40 is a police mandate implemented in 1979 by the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD), its Police Chief Daryl Gates and the Los Angeles City Council preventing LAPD officers from questioning people for the sole purpose of determining their immigration status.[1][2] The mandate was passed in an effort to encourage undocumented aliens to report crimes without intimidation.[2

I'm guessing the illegal aliens reporting crimes are probably the crimes of other illegal aliens. Haul them all out, and that solves the issue of needing someone to report. It is all so simple!

To me, I can't imagine picking up a stranger from a parking lot to do labor, although I suspect I would be interested in safety and quality of workmanship unlike a contractor looking for help that doesn't care about such things.

Old 04-25-2017, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I'm guessing the illegal aliens reporting crimes are probably the crimes of other illegal aliens. Haul them all out, and that solves the issue of needing someone to report. It is all so simple!

To me, I can't imagine picking up a stranger from a parking lot to do labor, although I suspect I would be interested in safety and quality of workmanship unlike a contractor looking for help that doesn't care about such things.
The sick part about it is that the city politicians say the sanctuary city policy makes the city safer.
Reality is what would make it safer is if the illegal aliens were deported especially the criminal ones .
The mayor and police chief here are very soft on crime . I can see why criminals would like to be in Los Angeles and California so easy to get away with crime and little punishment if caught.

Bad laws have been passed that have left criminals out of prison early and now many criminals barely serve any jail time . Cops are saying Criminals are basically laughing at them .
Must be pretty demoralizing to be a cop in Los Angeles these days.

Old 04-25-2017, 08:52 AM

1,018 posts, read 386,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post

This is insane.

Following the link it stated the language of the law was questioned in 2008 but it was determined it didn't need to be amended.

What crime is being reported by immigrants today compared to 1979?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or