U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2017, 08:39 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,296,542 times

Advertisements

The number of undocumented immigrants living in the United States has steadily declined over the past 10 years, amid a significant decrease in the share of Mexicans living in the country without legal status, a new report finds.

Undocumented immigrant population in steady decline over past 10 years - Apr. 25, 2017

It's a start; now to run off or deport MORE illegal aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2017, 09:26 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,083,338 times
I don't actually believe that. I watched them pour in as Obama spoke of amnesty for 8 years. The ones that sneak in, how do we know how many come. Sadly, each woman having 4 anchor babies means that, in truth, the number of people who won't care about our laws increase.

Old 04-27-2017, 09:30 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,258,422 times
We'll see how Trump's dismantling of NAFTA impacts this. Even his mention of it causes the value of the peso to fall. Any real action could cause the peso to collapse, which would lead to Mexicans flooding back into the US in search for economic opportunity.

Old 04-27-2017, 01:44 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,296,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
We'll see how Trump's dismantling of NAFTA impacts this. Even his mention of it causes the value of the peso to fall. Any real action could cause the peso to collapse, which would lead to Mexicans flooding back into the US in search for economic opportunity.
Really?

Word was NAFTA was part of why so many illegal aliens were already here from Mexico.

Old 04-27-2017, 02:22 PM

5,768 posts, read 2,964,585 times
I really doubt the credibility of this report.

Anyone can look around their community now and see a HUGE increase in illegals in the last ten years.
Look at any construction, landscaping, food service, housecleaning, farming, meat packing company or elementary school and they are now filled with tons more illegals than ten years ago.

Old 04-27-2017, 02:30 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,258,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Really?

Word was NAFTA was part of why so many illegal aliens were already here from Mexico.
Here is one explanation that I mostly agree with:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...s-economy/amp/

Old 05-01-2017, 03:52 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,490,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post

D'ya THINK?

When articles start throwing out numbers - 11.5 million , 12.6 million, 5.6 million, 6.5 million - like they actually KNOW (down the illegal) how many are in the country, you have to know it's all BS. Total piece of crap article with total piece of crap numbers.

Nobody knows how many illegals are in this country. Could be 40 million for all we know.

Old 05-02-2017, 07:54 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,083,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post

Anyone can look around their community now and see a HUGE increase in illegals in the last ten years.
Look at any construction, landscaping, food service, housecleaning, farming, meat packing company or elementary school and they are now filled with tons more illegals than ten years ago.
Every time Obama opened his mouth and said "amnesty" or "pathway to citizenship", thousands more poured in. I could see it in my community. Here they are taking manufacturing jobs, roofing/construction jobs, part-time jobs that high school/college student need to get by (low income area) and having anchor babies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
D'ya THINK?

When articles start throwing out numbers - 11.5 million , 12.6 million, 5.6 million, 6.5 million - like they actually KNOW (down the illegal) how many are in the country, you have to know it's all BS. Total piece of crap article with total piece of crap numbers.

Nobody knows how many illegals are in this country. Could be 40 million for all we know.
Could very well be 40 million.
Moderator cut: orphaned

Last edited by Yac; 05-05-2017 at 02:54 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or