U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-02-2008, 10:05 AM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,734,256 times
Reputation: 223

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by barinnas View Post
wow, we need you at "La Migra"
What is La Migra?

 
Old 04-02-2008, 10:07 AM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
What is La Migra?

Google it!
 
Old 04-02-2008, 10:10 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Reputation: 4611
.....................La Migra

1. Imagration police that have their eyes peeled for ilegal immigrants, mainly Mexicans.

2. If yelled in rapid succesion, it can be used to strike fear into the hearts of Mexicans, usually resulting in them running for the border.

1. *knocking at the door or barn*
Mexican1-Eh ese get the door.
Mexican2-Sure ese.
*opens door*
Migra-Put your h....
Mexican1-¡La migra La migra!¡Corre
Corre corre! ¡Ay AY AY AY AY!
Mexican2 - ¡Corre corre! ¡AY AY!
Mexican3 to Mexican87-¡MIERDA!¡Corre!
*Mexicans scatter in all directions*

2. Land Owner- Ok, that's enough
strawberry picking for today boys
Mexican- But we need over time
so we can support our families
Land Owner- LA MIGRA, LA MIGRA, LA
LA MIGRA!!!!!!!
Mexican- ¡¿Donde?! ¡Corre corre!
Mexican2- ¡Corre para la frontera,
Corre para tu vida!! (Run for the
border, run for your life)
*dozens of mexicans migrate as fast
as possible back to Mexico*
 
Old 04-02-2008, 10:14 AM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Reputation: 4893
Migra is a term used within Spanish-speaking communities as a way to refer to U.S. government entities or officials that enforce U.S. immigration laws such as Immigration and Customs Enforcement or the Border Patrol. The word derives from the Spanish word migración, which translates to immigration or migration in English.

Migra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
 
Old 04-02-2008, 10:32 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
La Migra:

Patrulla Frontera (Mexican Border Patrol in Spanish)

Border Patrol/ICE (here in the USA)
 
Old 04-02-2008, 11:05 AM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,734,256 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
.....................La Migra

1. Imagration police that have their eyes peeled for ilegal immigrants, mainly Mexicans.

2. If yelled in rapid succesion, it can be used to strike fear into the hearts of Mexicans, usually resulting in them running for the border.

1. *knocking at the door or barn*
Mexican1-Eh ese get the door.
Mexican2-Sure ese.
*opens door*
Migra-Put your h....
Mexican1-¡La migra La migra!¡Corre
Corre corre! ¡Ay AY AY AY AY!
Mexican2 - ¡Corre corre! ¡AY AY!
Mexican3 to Mexican87-¡MIERDA!¡Corre!
*Mexicans scatter in all directions*

2. Land Owner- Ok, that's enough
strawberry picking for today boys
Mexican- But we need over time
so we can support our families
Land Owner- LA MIGRA, LA MIGRA, LA
LA MIGRA!!!!!!!
Mexican- ¡¿Donde?! ¡Corre corre!
Mexican2- ¡Corre para la frontera,
Corre para tu vida!! (Run for the
border, run for your life)
*dozens of mexicans migrate as fast
as possible back to Mexico*
In that case I will decline, I would not pick up the phone to turn someone in to the border patrol period, unless they were in medical distress ONLY.
 
Old 04-02-2008, 12:24 PM
 
Location: Bradenton, Florida
27,236 posts, read 40,266,772 times
Reputation: 10915
Quote:
Originally Posted by barinnas View Post
A multidisciplinary approach needs to be taken if we are to solve the inmigration issue, first the fence needs to be built, not perfect but a big
impediment for most people, I would freeze legal inmigration for five years, since we already have a surplus in professionals, identify current undocumented and provide a path to citizenship, it is unrealistic to beleive we can deport million and millions of people, finaly establish a guest
worker program, also what's so bad about a national identification card?
Not hard to deport...if the people doing the deporting have automatic rifles available. The trouble is in IDENTIFICATION.

Send Ah-nold back, send Pam Anderson back. Keep America for Americans only.
 
Old 04-02-2008, 12:44 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
In that case I will decline, I would not pick up the phone to turn someone in to the border patrol period,
Members of the Legal Hispanic Community are turning in ILLEGAL Hispanics all the time.
 
Old 04-02-2008, 02:32 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
What is La Migra?
American "Spanglish", shortened from the term "la imigracion". It was quite common a few decades ago...doesn't seem to be used as much nowadays.

(you probably know that LOTS of "spanish" terms used in the US aren't actually Spanish words...they're corruptions of English terms...(examples "marqueta"= "market"...real Spanish is "mercado"....."carro"= "car"...true Spanish word is "coche"..etc etc etc. The same thing works in reverse. Many English words are not English, but corruptions of Spanish terms...."buckaroo"= "cowboy"...from the Spanish "vaquero"...BOTH languages 'borrow' from each other quite extensively..MUCH of it as informal 'slang')
 
Old 04-02-2008, 02:39 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,734,256 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Members of the Legal Hispanic Community are turning in ILLEGAL Hispanics all the time.
That is fine, I'm not one that will turn them in unless they asked to be, which has happened. Other than that I will not do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top