U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2008, 03:39 PM

1,268 posts, read 823,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
.....................La Migra

1. Imagration police that have their eyes peeled for ilegal immigrants, mainly Mexicans.

2. If yelled in rapid succesion, it can be used to strike fear into the hearts of Mexicans, usually resulting in them running for the border.

1. *knocking at the door or barn*
Mexican1-Eh ese get the door.
Mexican2-Sure ese.
*opens door*
Migra-Put your h....
Mexican1-¡La migra La migra!¡Corre
Corre corre! ¡Ay AY AY AY AY!
Mexican2 - ¡Corre corre! ¡AY AY!
Mexican3 to Mexican87-¡MIERDA!¡Corre!
*Mexicans scatter in all directions*

2. Land Owner- Ok, that's enough
strawberry picking for today boys
Mexican- But we need over time
so we can support our families
Land Owner- LA MIGRA, LA MIGRA, LA
LA MIGRA!!!!!!!
Mexican- ¡¿Donde?! ¡Corre corre!
Mexican2- ¡Corre para la frontera,
Corre para tu vida!! (Run for the
border, run for your life)
*dozens of mexicans migrate as fast
as possible back to Mexico*
As much as your story was degrading to Mexicans, it was is ignorance. Great to know what White people think of us Mexicans now.

Old 04-02-2008, 03:44 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,740,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
As much as your story was degrading to Mexicans, it was is ignorance. Great to know what White people think of us Mexicans now.
That is why I have no use for anyone that feels they can do just what you read. I personally do NOT care if they are here legally or illegally, they are still human beings to me and I will treat them as such, and it is just like the post you are referring to, the more I hear that junk the more I am for the illegal.

Old 04-02-2008, 04:48 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,715,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
That is why I have no use for anyone that feels they can do just what you read. I personally do NOT care if they are here legally or illegally, they are still human beings to me and I will treat them as such, and it is just like the post you are referring to, the more I hear that junk the more I am for the illegal.
I do have a problem with slamming an ethnic group solely due to its heritage.

That stated; if you are so pro illegal, I am sure you would be welcome with open arms in another country.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:17 PM

451 posts, read 236,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Not hard to deport...if the people doing the deporting have automatic rifles available. The trouble is in IDENTIFICATION.

Send Ah-nold back, send Pam Anderson back. Keep America for Americans only.

AND THAT INCLUDES: 60 MILLION HISPANIC-AMERICANS, 50 MILLION AFRICAN AMERICANS, AND 20 MILLION ASIAN-AMERICANS

Old 04-02-2008, 05:35 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,740,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I do have a problem with slamming an ethnic group solely due to its heritage.

That stated; if you are so pro illegal, I am sure you would be welcome with open arms in another country.
This country has been my country since birth, it has nothing to do with what you think, but you are welcome to your opinion. I really like Mexico but if I wait long enough this may be part of Mexico

Old 04-02-2008, 05:47 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,651,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barinnas View Post
[/b]

AND THAT INCLUDES: 60 MILLION HISPANIC-AMERICANS, 50 MILLION AFRICAN AMERICANS, AND 20 MILLION ASIAN-AMERICANS

Why should it include these people? Aren't they Americans?....why would anyone want to deport Americans?. To be "deported", you have to have lost (or never HAD) the right to be here.

I'm confused...

Old 04-02-2008, 05:58 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,651,346 times
Quote:
This country has been my country since birth, it has nothing to do with what you think, but you are welcome to your opinion. I really like Mexico but if I wait long enough this may be part of Mexico
You're certainly entitled to your opinion. I've had many interesting times in Mexico, and it's an interesting place. But it would be very naive to think it would be a 'good thing' to see 'this' become part of Mexico. About 20 million Mexicans (roughly ten percent of the population) apparently agree with me--because they have 'voted with their feet', and LEFT the place.

You may think that it's the "air" here that makes us prosperous, or the "water"--or the "climate"...but you'd be wrong. What makes things 'work" here (and the illegals certainly know this) is the SYSTEM....a system that doesn't exist in Mexico.

I find your naivete shocking---and I know PLENTY of people, some of them relatives, whose ancestors and parents took huge chances, and made huge sacrifices, to LEAVE Mexico, who would find your attitude equally naive....apparently, because unlike you, they didn't find it 'neat' or 'exciting' at ALL....they found it rough, tough, unfair, and very hard to earn a living in.

Next time you encounter an illegal climbing over the fence, please do yourself a favor...take a moment to stop HIM, and ask HIM how 'neat' and 'charming' daily life is in Mexico. He may give you an education you won't find on this forum. He MAY even 'open your eyes'. But please don't insult him by suggesting how 'fun' Mexico is. He's tried life there.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:03 PM

Quote:
All joking aside: I have a premonition that at least the northern tier of Mexican states (Nuevo Leon, etc) may wind up devolving to the USA instead in the not so distant future.

Why I say that is apparently the Mexican people who actually live in the border towns are becoming quite 'annoyed' with subsidizing poorer states like Chiapas, etc.-----and, may prefer to be under US authority vs. Mexico City's.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:03 PM

1,268 posts, read 823,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
You're certainly entitled to your opinion. I've had many interesting times in Mexico, and it's an interesting place. But it would be very naive to think it would be a 'good thing' to see 'this' become part of Mexico. About 20 million Mexicans (roughly ten percent of the population) apparently agree with me--because they have 'voted with their feet', and LEFT the place.

You may think that it's the "air" here that makes us prosperous, or the "water"--or the "climate"...but you'd be wrong. What makes things 'work" here (and the illegals certainly know this) is the SYSTEM....a system that doesn't exist in Mexico.

I find your naivete shocking---and I know PLENTY of people, some of them relatives, whose ancestors and parents took huge chances, and made huge sacrifices, to LEAVE Mexico, who would find your attitude equally naive....apparently, because unlike you, they didn't find it 'neat' or 'exciting' at ALL....they found it rough, tough, unfair, and very hard to earn a living in.

Next time you encounter an illegal climbing over the fence, please do yourself a favor...take a moment to stop HIM, and ask HIM how 'neat' and 'charming' daily life is in Mexico. He may give you an education you won't find on this forum. He MAY even 'open your eyes'. But please don't insult him by suggesting how 'fun' Mexico is. He's tried life there.
You've got that right!

Old 04-02-2008, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barinnas View Post
[/b]

There is no 'Hispanic' race--------they range from Nordic White to Black with everything in between
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration