U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-05-2008, 08:20 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
Reputation: 2983

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by barinnas View Post
Civil rights?, a piece of paper does not make the difference, the United States remain one of the most racist countries in the world, we continue with a lot of abuse and neglect, we are very high in crime, drug use, pornography, pedophiles, serial killers, facist groups, cultural ignornce, etc.

We need to correct all these, and being, iliterate and racist will not help the cause.
If THIS is the way you feel about a "beloved" country, I can't imagine how you'd feel toward a country you DIDN'T love....

But it's your right to "love" our country any way you choose...

 
Old 04-06-2008, 11:12 PM
 
451 posts, read 235,561 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
If THIS is the way you feel about a "beloved" country, I can't imagine how you'd feel toward a country you DIDN'T love....

But it's your right to "love" our country any way you choose...
We can't close our eyes to the everyday realities
 
Old 04-08-2008, 12:23 PM
 
451 posts, read 235,561 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
That is eerie: I was being hypothetical about using July 1st, 2008 as the cutoff date for birthright citizenship for Anchor Babies with both parents here illegally.

Once the first domino falls..........others will follow.
I don't understand you, you hate Spanish, and you live in Phoenix?????
I've been to your town a couple of times for conferences, and one thing
is for sure , mexican culture is everywhere you turn. I think the local government makes an effort to have a Mexican taste to the city, Spanish is spoken everywhere you go, and many bilingual signs, have you ever considered West Virginia???I can think of many places there that are probably more suitable for you
 
Old 04-08-2008, 12:50 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by barinnas View Post
I don't understand you, you hate Spanish, and you live in Phoenix?????
I've been to your town a couple of times for conferences, and one thing
is for sure , mexican culture is everywhere you turn. I think the local government makes an effort to have a Mexican taste to the city, Spanish is spoken everywhere you go, and many bilingual signs, have you ever considered West Virginia???I can think of many places there that are probably more suitable for you
Being that Spanish speakers are diminishing here as we speak, what is your point?

Sorry pal; I have no desire to consider W Va or any other '4 season' state.........

Besides: if I used my birth surname, I would be mistaken for 'Hispanic' as it is.

I have nothing against Spanish per se---------I have a huge problem with lawbreakers AKA illegals and their enablers.
 
Old 04-08-2008, 01:05 PM
 
451 posts, read 235,561 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Being that Spanish speakers are diminishing here as we speak, what is your point?

Sorry pal; I have no desire to consider W Va or any other '4 season' state.........

Besides: if I used my birth surname, I would be mistaken for 'Hispanic' as it is.

I have nothing against Spanish per se---------I have a huge problem with lawbreakers AKA illegals and their enablers.

What about Arkansas???
 
Old 04-08-2008, 01:40 PM
 
Location: California
1,268 posts, read 817,960 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Being that Spanish speakers are diminishing here as we speak, what is your point?

Sorry pal; I have no desire to consider W Va or any other '4 season' state.........

Besides: if I used my birth surname, I would be mistaken for 'Hispanic' as it is.

I have nothing against Spanish per se---------I have a huge problem with lawbreakers AKA illegals and their enablers.
I don't see it diminishing. Just like English is not diminishing.
 
Old 04-08-2008, 02:08 PM
 
451 posts, read 235,561 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
I don't see it diminishing. Just like English is not diminishing.
SShhhhh..... it's called magical thinking by the bear.
 
Old 04-08-2008, 03:26 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by barinnas View Post
What about Arkansas???
Too many illegals..........Arkansas is friendlier to the above than Arizona

Here the above undesirables are draining away
 
Old 04-08-2008, 07:28 PM
 
Location: NW Las Vegas - Lone Mountain
15,756 posts, read 32,491,985 times
Reputation: 2661
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
From everything I have read, it is working well in Arizona. Illegals are leaving in droves. I havent read anything about Oklahoma yet.
Actually hispanics are leaving both AZ and NV for greener pastures. NV has no particular laws. Just a lousey economy for the highly hispanic residental building trades.

I expect both will continue to lose hispanics as long as the residental building market is so weak. When it picks up they will come rolling back in.

So we will see if anything has changed. Around mid 2009 I would think.

The belief that illegals must work on legal payrolls is just one of the sub clauses [Mod Cut]. Tighten down on employers and the illegals go off the books...not out of town.

Last edited by ontheroad; 04-09-2008 at 01:09 PM..
 
Old 04-08-2008, 09:05 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Actually hispanics are leaving both AZ and NV for greener pastures. NV has no particular laws. Just a lousey economy for the highly hispanic residental building trades.

I expect both will continue to lose hispanics as long as the residental building market is so weak. When it picks up they will come rolling back in.

So we will see if anything has changed. Around mid 2009 I would think.

The belief that illegals must work on legal payrolls is just one of the sub clauses in the redneck fairy tale. Tighten down on employers and the illegals go off the books...not out of town.
You act as if a 'Redneck' is a bad thing.

Better a Redneck than someone who is pro illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top