U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2008, 04:39 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,225,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATOGAMO View Post
I see over and over the same dicussion based in 3 big groups.

Group # 1, support illegals, in among other reasons because they mean a way to get things done for a fraction of the real cost.

Group # 2, wants illegals out of the country, period.

Group # 3, people who drop all kind of posts somehow related to Immigration but a clear rascist purpose, profiling foreigners in a country built by immigrants.

Regardless of which group you belong, AMERICAN EMPLOYERS have a huge responsability by offering jobs to people who dont have the legal right to work in America, period. Most of these employers do this knowingly, this is a worst crime than just being illegal.

Lets talk about what are called "consequences" of a bad decision. If a illegal get involved in another crime like killing, DUI, ID theft, unpaid hospital bills, indemnization to victims of crimes, etc, WE SHOULD MAKE HIS/HER EMPLOYER PAY FOR ALL THESE EXPENSES, including the ultimate deportation.

WHY??? Because thanks to that bad employer an Illegal got a job that allows him/her to make a living in the USA. Simple. If illegals cant get a job they wont stay here, GUARANTEED. They will start a huge self-deportation.

Finally, is so unfair for the people who lives legally in this great country, residents and citizens, to end up paying out of their taxes the expenses of people who were granted with a job by bad US employer. If these people took the risk of hiring illegals, now they have to face the consequences.

God bless America.
I totally agree.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:47 PM

3,301 posts, read 4,430,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I take it from your post, that you are against going after the employer, is that what you are talking about?
Actually, no. I think employers who employ illegal immigrants should be penalized. I just think that employers who knowingly employ them should be punished more. Putting them out of business doesn't do anyone a favor and will make the legal employees unemployed.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:57 PM

27,236 posts, read 40,321,195 times
Quote:

Group # 3, people who drop all kind of posts somehow related to Immigration but a clear rascist purpose, profiling foreigners in a country built by immigrants.
It's NOT racist to deny people from ANY country access to your own country. I don't care if they speak English. I don't care if they're black, white, red, or purple--I don't want ANY immigrants coming here. America for Americans.

I certainly have NO intent of going to another country...or even another state! They can stay home as well!

Old 04-10-2008, 05:02 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,036,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
It's NOT racist to deny people from ANY country access to your own country. I don't care if they speak English. I don't care if they're black, white, red, or purple--I don't want ANY immigrants coming here. America for Americans.

I certainly have NO intent of going to another country...or even another state! They can stay home as well!
Hmmm, I dont really agree. I think we need to continue to allow immigration, just not in the numbers we allow now. But shutting it off to the outside wouldnt be fair. If they had done that to our ancestors, we wouldnt be here.

Old 04-10-2008, 05:19 PM

1,268 posts, read 820,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post

You don't want any immigrants in America? America.. hmm. Why do we call people SOB South Americans? You don't want any immigrants in America? Let's give this land back to the nothing that was here. Even the natives are immigrants. We are all descendants of immigrants.

Old 04-10-2008, 05:23 PM

27,236 posts, read 40,321,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
You don't want any immigrants in America? America.. hmm. Why do we call people SOB South Americans? You don't want any immigrants in America? Let's give this land back to the nothing that was here. Even the natives are immigrants. We are all descendants of immigrants.
And our land area isn't increasing anymore. Not since 1959. After 1959, there was no need for further immigration. Population densities are too high.

Old 04-10-2008, 05:26 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,736,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
I've seen plenty of employers get raided. After the raids, the pro-illegals scream racism and cry for no more raids!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Actually, no. I think employers who employ illegal immigrants should be penalized. I just think that employers who knowingly employ them should be punished more. Putting them out of business doesn't do anyone a favor and will make the legal employees unemployed.
Well I guess if there is a law that illegals are not to be hired, and I'm sure that almost every employer knows this or should know it, and if they go against the law and hire an illegal and maybe they are the owner of the business then that is just tough luck. I don't see how it can be half way, either punish them or overlook it. I still say they would not come if there were not employers willing to hire them.

Old 04-10-2008, 05:30 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,225,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Hmmm, I dont really agree. I think we need to continue to allow immigration, just not in the numbers we allow now. But shutting it off to the outside wouldnt be fair. If they had done that to our ancestors, we wouldnt be here.
Do you actually know what your saying? It's not fair for the US taxpayers to pay for all of the expenses dumped on us from what the Illegals don't pay.

Old 04-10-2008, 05:54 PM

162 posts, read 294,128 times
Default Whats is easier, going after employers or chasing 12 millions?

Quote:
I see over and over the same dicussion based in 3 big groups.

Group # 1, support illegals, in among other reasons because they mean a way to get things done for a fraction of the real cost.

Group # 2, wants illegals out of the country, period.

Regardless of which group you belong, AMERICAN EMPLOYERS have a huge responsability by offering jobs to people who dont have the legal right to work in America, period. Most of these employers do this knowingly, this is a worst crime than just being illegal.

Lets talk about what are called "consequences" of a bad decision. If a illegal get involved in another crime like killing, DUI, ID theft, unpaid hospital bills, indemnization to victims of crimes, etc, WE SHOULD MAKE HIS/HER EMPLOYER PAY FOR ALL THESE EXPENSES, including the ultimate deportation.

WHY??? Because thanks to that bad employer an Illegal got a job that allows him/her to make a living in the USA. Simple. If illegals cant get a job they wont stay here, GUARANTEED. They will start a huge self-deportation.

Finally, is so unfair for the people who lives legally in this great country, residents and citizens, to end up paying out of their taxes the expenses of people who were granted with a job by bad US employer. If these people took the risk of hiring illegals, now they have to face the consequences.

God bless America.
We need to track down every single business that hires illegal alliens, if we do our part, we will have time to discuss some other important issues that affect America. Lets do what we gotta do, complaining seems to be easier but it wont fix our problem. Come on guys, lets do our share and report every bad American Employer who hires illegals. We can do it.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:03 PM

14 posts, read 17,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barinnas View Post
A multidisciplinary approach needs to be taken if we are to solve the inmigration issue, first the fence needs to be built, not perfect but a big
impediment for most people, I would freeze legal inmigration for five years, since we already have a surplus in professionals, identify current undocumented and provide a path to citizenship, it is unrealistic to beleive we can deport million and millions of people, finaly establish a guest
worker program, also what's so bad about a national identification card?
Fences and wall the world had enough... we need to build bridges of undertsanding with all people in the face of the earth, and work for everybody in the world have a better life... Are we actually capable of sleeping in the night with so many people suffering around the world, or been killed in our borders, only with the purpose of keep our extravagant life style. About the rest of your coment I agree
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration