U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-16-2008, 02:40 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,357,433 times
Reputation: 4893

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
We are talking Tucson all the way to Rio Rico.
"We" are? I did not know that.

I know there is construction going on in Green Valley -

And, as I pointed out - Tucson has quite a bit going on.

Rio Rico has always been bad - it was the center of land fraud sales years ago - and they are still untangling ownership down there - some lots were sold to a dozen buyers -

 
Old 04-16-2008, 02:47 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,733,980 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
"We" are? I did not know that.

I know there is construction going on in Green Valley -

And, as I pointed out - Tucson has quite a bit going on.

Rio Rico has always been bad - it was the center of land fraud sales years ago - and they are still untangling ownership down there - some lots were sold to a dozen buyers -
Where is the construction going on in Green Valley, where they are actually building? You could be right about Rio Rico, but I had a real estate person tell me a few years ago that Rio Rico was the best bang for your buck. I am aware that the housing market is down and it is now a buyers market (also from my friend in real estate.
 
Old 04-17-2008, 10:30 AM
 
7,367 posts, read 6,525,895 times
Reputation: 1248
Default The REAL solution?

Implement the Fair Tax and open up the borders. Americans are no better than other nationalities, as far as human rights are concerned. Everyone should be allowed to buy property and live where they want, regardless of nationality or ethnicity.
 
Old 04-17-2008, 10:39 AM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,357,433 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Implement the Fair Tax and open up the borders. Americans are no better than other nationalities, as far as human rights are concerned. Everyone should be allowed to buy property and live where they want, regardless of nationality or ethnicity.
Questions:

1) Assume we have your "open" border policy. While anyone can own property in the US, there is no such right in Mexico (and many other countries) with non citizens. What to do about this?

2) Name one other country on the face of the planet with such open border polices regarding permanent immigration - just one
 
Old 04-17-2008, 11:18 AM
 
Location: Rosarito Beach
334 posts, read 741,414 times
Reputation: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Rio Rico has always been bad - it was the center of land fraud sales years ago - and they are still untangling ownership down there - some lots were sold to a dozen buyers -
And I thought only Mexico had real estate people scamming the public.
 
Old 04-17-2008, 11:19 AM
 
Location: Rosarito Beach
334 posts, read 741,414 times
Reputation: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Questions:

1) Assume we have your "open" border policy. While anyone can own property in the US, there is no such right in Mexico (and many other countries) with non citizens. What to do about this?
Simply not true.
 
Old 04-17-2008, 11:24 AM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,357,433 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rosarito View Post
Simply not true.
With some minor exceptions - it is very true in Mexico.

As for some other countries (not all) - it is also very true.
 
Old 04-17-2008, 11:25 AM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,357,433 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rosarito View Post
Simply not true.

Are you answer my other question re naming one other country with an "open border" policy regarding permanent residency?
 
Old 04-17-2008, 11:31 AM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,733,980 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Are you answer my other question re naming one other country with an "open border" policy regarding permanent residency?
Maybe we could be the first and other countries could follow suit, this country as you know thinks it knows best for every other country. In a sad way it is kind of funny, we cannot even take care of our own problems, but we still are first to tell the others what they are doing wrong.
 
Old 04-17-2008, 11:33 AM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,357,433 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Maybe we could be the first and other countries could follow suit,
Nope - it will not happen.

The other nations of the world - particularily European nations are opposed to such actions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top