U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 12:12 PM

334 posts, read 741,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Are you answer my other question re naming one other country with an "open border" policy regarding permanent residency?
No, just pointing out your statement about foreign ownership of land in Mexico is wrong, which it is, regardless of what you say. Foreigners also own property in MANY foreign (to them) countries.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:16 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,366,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rosarito View Post
No, just pointing out your statement about foreign ownership of land in Mexico is wrong, which it is, regardless of what you say. Foreigners also own property in MANY foreign (to them) countries.
In other words Dave - if you were to be honest with everyone - you would have to tell them that no other nation on the face of the planet has an open border policy.

And, as for ownership - I already noted, if you had read, and comprehended my previous post that some countries do allow foreigners to own property. But not all.

And Dave - there are some very severe limitation on foreign ownership of property in Mexico also.

Have a Greatday

Old 04-17-2008, 12:28 PM

334 posts, read 741,596 times
Quote:
In other words Dave - if you were to be honest with everyone - you would have to tell them that no other nation on the face of the planet has an open border policy.

And, as for ownership - I already noted, if you had read, and comprehended my previous post that some countries do allow foreigners to own property. But not all.

And Dave - there are some very severe limitation on foreign ownership of property in Mexico also.

Have a Greatday
I NEVER said diddly squat about border policy, so don't try to twist it.

There are no severe limitations in Mexico, but there are rules and regulations that have to be followed, just as in every country ? in the world. Your statement that "there is no such right in Mexico (and many other countries) with non citizens" to own property is a flat out lie. Plain and simple.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:58 PM

7,367 posts, read 6,527,849 times
Quote:
Questions:

1) Assume we have your "open" border policy. While anyone can own property in the US, there is no such right in Mexico (and many other countries) with non citizens. What to do about this?

2) Name one other country on the face of the planet with such open border polices regarding permanent immigration - just one
This is what makes this country so great, it's uniqueness. Very few countries, if any, have a Bill of Rights similar to ours. We recognize and protect the rights of the minority and hold their rights as sacred as the majority's. Anothers place of birth or their country of origin's policies should have no bearing on their rights and freedoms as the U.S. recognizes them. In general Americans are no more deserving of the rights to life, liberty, and property than any other nationality.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:01 PM

7,367 posts, read 6,527,849 times
On another note, this policy of allowing anyone to own property and live in the U.S. is the pinnacle of conservative values, limiting the power of the federal government in lives of individuals.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:05 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,491,985 times
Quote:

Have a Greatday
Comeon GD...you know better than that. Open immigration to adjacent neighbors is standard everywhere in Europe and is reasonably common elsewhere. An Englishman can work and own property in Spain or Italy or France or Germany.

there are some limitations on owning property in both Mexico and Canada. It is however quite plausible to deal with those limitations. It is also possible to own property fee simple in the vast majority of both countries.

Mexico particularly uses a different legal system. As does the State of LA. They are still perfectly reasonable places.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:44 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Maybe we could be the first and other countries could follow suit, this country as you know thinks it knows best for every other country. In a sad way it is kind of funny, we cannot even take care of our own problems, but we still are first to tell the others what they are doing wrong.
How about simply annexing northern Mexico instead?

All joking aside: one of the perks of citizenship is voting in Federal elections; maybe we (the USA) should mandate ownership of property in the same manner.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:46 PM

6,571 posts, read 17,953,604 times
As in my case, I bought a lot in "Ejido" land as it is called with a lady from the Ejido group as overseer to the main govmt office in Mexico City, and built a house 12 yrs ago. Their is also lots/houses that can be purchased going thru a "BANK TRUST" with the Bank being the overseer to the main govmt. All this I am referring too is pertained to Coastal property within 100 miles of the water/border. Further in the Mainland, they have different regulations I am not familiar with. As for me, I have a GREAT GRANDSON who is 1/2 Mexican and can have the property transfered to his name. Suerte Stefhen

Old 04-17-2008, 08:50 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Comeon GD...you know better than that. Open immigration to adjacent neighbors is standard everywhere in Europe and is reasonably common elsewhere. An Englishman can work and own property in Spain or Italy or France or Germany.

there are some limitations on owning property in both Mexico and Canada. It is however quite plausible to deal with those limitations. It is also possible to own property fee simple in the vast majority of both countries.

Mexico particularly uses a different legal system. As does the State of LA. They are still perfectly reasonable places.
Try again.

Prospective members to the EU have to meet certain conditions prior being allowed to enjoy of of its perks (Eurozone, Schengen Agreement, etc).

Hence Spain using the Euro but Hungary (at the moment) still using their Forint, etc.

Mexico has a lot of work to do (legal system reform, etc) before it is within 'shouting distance' of the USA.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:05 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,491,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Try again.

Prospective members to the EU have to meet certain conditions prior being allowed to enjoy of of its perks (Eurozone, Schengen Agreement, etc).

Hence Spain using the Euro but Hungary (at the moment) still using their Forint, etc.

Mexico has a lot of work to do (legal system reform, etc) before it is within 'shouting distance' of the USA.
Try again. An Englishman can work in France, Spain, Italy, Germany and can buy property in any of them. The GD challenge was to find one such. Read the thread. It helps.

Mexico will likely get closer to France than to the US. Different legal system.

I vastly prefer the US one...but the French don't. Never did like those Frenchies...Let's keep them out of the US.

Ban French immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration