U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-06-2017, 06:37 PM
 
10,753 posts, read 3,759,045 times
Reputation: 4702

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The only way to become legal for an illegal is and should be to go back and follow the rules and come back the legal way.
Many who haven't been caught should go back and leave and maybe they will get away by not disclosing that they were ever here to avoid the 10 year ban.
Nonsense. The vast majority of illegals will never legally immigrate to the US. Fact. We do not provide immigrations status to lower socioeconomic citizens of other countries.

So there choice is illegal or not at all. They cannot go home and come back legal. They can only go home and do not wish to.

We should have sent them all home as they arrived but we did not. Now too many to practically do it. So we legalize enough that the problme is handle-able. And hopefully don't screw it up again...though we may.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-06-2017, 06:42 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,293,735 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Nonsense. The vast majority of illegals will never legally immigrate to the US. Fact. We do not provide immigrations status to lower socioeconomic citizens of other countries.

So there choice is illegal or not at all. They cannot go home and come back legal. They can only go home and do not wish to.

We should have sent them all home as they arrived but we did not. Now too many to practically do it. So we legalize enough that the problme is handle-able. And hopefully don't screw it up again...though we may.
Uh; illegals CAN and WILL be deported. Obama NEVER gave those lawbreakers their amnesty. No reason Trump will be any nicer to their kind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2017, 06:48 PM
 
10,753 posts, read 3,759,045 times
Reputation: 4702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; illegals CAN and WILL be deported. Obama NEVER gave those lawbreakers their amnesty. No reason Trump will be any nicer to their kind.
The Right Wing never lets good sense get in the way. If we wished to devote 50 or 100 billion dollars, take ten years and put up with a huge social upheaval with neighborhoods burned and people killed we might be able to do it. And that ignores the fact the national consensus is against doing so.

But click your heels real hard three times and wish...who knows...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2017, 06:54 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,293,735 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
The Right Wing never lets good sense get in the way. If we wished to devote 50 or 100 billion dollars, take ten years and put up with a huge social upheaval with neighborhoods burned and people killed we might be able to do it. And that ignores the fact the national consensus is against doing so.

But click your heels real hard three times and wish...who knows...
Who's gonna be burning neighborhoods? I don't think it'd be the illegals cause that WOULD be an Act of War which would bring out our Armed Forces "locked and loaded" with the survivors being put in detention camps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2017, 07:06 PM
 
10,753 posts, read 3,759,045 times
Reputation: 4702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Who's gonna be burning neighborhoods? I don't think it'd be the illegals cause that WOULD be an Act of War which would bring out our Armed Forces "locked and loaded" with the survivors being put in detention camps.
It happens see the riots in LA. And if you think the Hispanics won't you are naive. And no the military will not lock and load. You still don't get to freely kill people because the right wing idiots think it would be a good thing to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2017, 04:55 AM
 
Location: Florida & Cebu, Philippines
2,808 posts, read 2,239,011 times
Reputation: 2852
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
right wing idiots
You are like a freakin broken record, post after post, time after time, you spew the same bitter garbage, don't you ever get tired of insulting the other half of the population just because they do not agree with your views, who died and left you in charge, not all of us are right anything except that IMO they/we are the ones who are correct about illegals and bitter haters like you are the ones who show your true colors with each and every insulting post.

Illegal is illegal, they broke the law and need to be deported or go home on their own and IMO the sooner the better but of course you too are entitled to your opinion, I just wish you could post it as such instead of always having to insult half the population....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2017, 05:01 AM
 
17,022 posts, read 9,072,678 times
Reputation: 5686
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
The correct term if you are here legally and not a citizen...is RESIDENT ALIEN.

When I became a citizen of the US they took away my green card that in BOLD PRINT right on top said "RESIDENT ALIEN".

So if your here illegally....you are a ILLEGAL ALIEN.




Right you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2017, 05:03 AM
 
17,022 posts, read 9,072,678 times
Reputation: 5686
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Dumb issue of value only to the right.

An "undocumented alien" is an "illegal alien" by another name.

The need is to turn "undocumented alien" into "legal aliens" or into "deported aliens".

The easiest and quickest way is to turn most into "legal aliens" and the rest inot "deported aliens".

And sometime soon so we do not get a new batch.




Yet the term most endeared to the leftists is "undocumented immigrants" to propagate a more innocent view of illegal entry into our nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2017, 09:34 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,293,735 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
You are like a freakin broken record, post after post, time after time, you spew the same bitter garbage, don't you ever get tired of insulting the other half of the population just because they do not agree with your views, who died and left you in charge, not all of us are right anything except that IMO they/we are the ones who are correct about illegals and bitter haters like you are the ones who show your true colors with each and every insulting post.

Illegal is illegal, they broke the law and need to be deported or go home on their own and IMO the sooner the better but of course you too are entitled to your opinion, I just wish you could post it as such instead of always having to insult half the population....
It's cause posters like that CAN'T fight back so their kind start slinging insults. Please DON'T take the bait. If that kind of posters gets too rowdy, report it to a moderator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2017, 09:46 AM
 
Location: Kansas
19,189 posts, read 14,079,037 times
Reputation: 18141
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Nonsense. The vast majority of illegals will never legally immigrate to the US. Fact. We do not provide immigrations status to lower socioeconomic citizens of other countries.

So there choice is illegal or not at all. They cannot go home and come back legal. They can only go home and do not wish to.

We should have sent them all home as they arrived but we did not. Now too many to practically do it. So we legalize enough that the problme is handle-able. And hopefully don't screw it up again...though we may.
Look at the crimes some of them commit! I suspect many have criminals records in their own countries for child rape, drunk driving, etc. probably murder. I mean, do they illegally enter our country and suddenly become pedophile? Most likely not. A drunk? Most likely not. A murderer? Most likely not.

Most being deported now had removal orders and they ran, cheating the law just like they did by entering illegally or overstaying visas. 84% don't show up for their final hearings, so do we need to eliminate due process for them? DHS Report: 84% of Illegal Alien Adults Not In Court For Final Case Hearing It isn't like these people can be trusted, they should never be released until it is on the other side of the border!

If we legalize them, that is the penalty to every American citizen and every person on the waiting list to immigrate into the US legally. After they were legalized, they would step up coming in again waiting for their turn to cheat the system while cheating the system by sucking down services meant for US citizens and legal immigrants.

Sorry, the immigration attorneys and other exploiters will just have to clean up their acts and do the right thing for a change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
The Right Wing never lets good sense get in the way. If we wished to devote 50 or 100 billion dollars, take ten years and put up with a huge social upheaval with neighborhoods burned and people killed we might be able to do it. And that ignores the fact the national consensus is against doing so.

But click your heels real hard three times and wish...who knows...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top