Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 06:48 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times

Advertisements

Rare conjoined twin sisters living in Connecticut successfully fought for their lives after a doctor told their parents they would only live to be 3 days old.

But Carmen and Lupita Andrade, now 16, who moved from Mexico to the U.S when they were babies, face a new obstacle — fear that they may have to leave the country.

Conjoined twin sisters face a new fear — deportation | New York Post

Carmen and Lupita: blame your parents here, NOT the US. Too; I'm 100 percent sure you can get someone to sponsor you. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2017, 06:55 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
All illegals face deportation. I'd put a sizable bet that these 2 will grow old here in the US.

Maybe they will if they become gang members.

Old 04-24-2017, 07:11 PM

1,184 posts, read 720,377 times
Deport them both lol

Old 04-26-2017, 05:42 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Rare conjoined twin sisters living in Connecticut successfully fought for their lives after a doctor told their parents they would only live to be 3 days old.

But Carmen and Lupita Andrade, now 16, who moved from Mexico to the U.S when they were babies, face a new obstacle — fear that they may have to leave the country.

Conjoined twin sisters face a new fear — deportation | New York Post

Carmen and Lupita: blame your parents here, NOT the US. Too; I'm 100 percent sure you can get someone to sponsor you. Period.
You can tell the bias in a story with the words they use:

"when they MOVED her", does NOT paint the same image as "when her parents snuck across the border and are are ILLEGAL immigrants".

Old 04-26-2017, 07:55 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You can tell the bias in a story with the words they use:

"when they MOVED her", does NOT paint the same image as "when her parents snuck across the border and are are ILLEGAL immigrants".
They didn't sneak across, they were sponsored to come to explore medical options for the girls. Medical tourism occurs in the US too, it's just that they come here for high quality care or cutting edge care and Americans go there for cheap care of routine matters. The problem isn't them coming here, it's that they stayed here and now want what is essentially squatter' rights.

Old 04-26-2017, 08:02 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
No sympathy coming from me. I was just thinking about this forum minutes ago, and how the bottomline is that we are deporting people that either overstayed a visa or entered the US without authorization and that is per the law, and as my dad always told me when I was trying to wiggle out of something "There are no 'buts' about it." Actions have consequences, and as we have firmly established, while it is sad that parents don't follow the laws/rules, the problem was created by the parents and our only obligation is to uphold the laws, of which they were fully aware.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:56 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
So they overstayed their welcome! Time to go explore their home country.

We can't pick and choose who to feel sorry for and who not.

The law doesn't have feelings and should be applicable based on are you here legally or not!

Old 04-26-2017, 07:19 PM

34,048 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

The law doesn't have feelings and should be applicable based on are you here legally or not!
Exactly

Old 04-26-2017, 07:23 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,886,113 times
And who is paying for their braces? Why do they even need them since they are dying?

Old 04-27-2017, 05:20 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,373,752 times
They came over here for free medical care. As a lot of illegals do when they have handicapped children, which is another issue no one talks about. A lot of these illegals who cross the border don't go to the doctor until it's time to give birth, and some have handicapped kids who will require of lifetime of very expensive medical care, including organ transplants. All on our $$$. Of course the parents have to live here too b ecause their children have to be seen often with their medical issues, and that means bringing their other kids over here, and having about 8 more to make sure that anchors in deep, and not going to move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration