U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 08:33 AM

31,648 posts, read 14,607,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
He was brought here at 12, by his parents. They're the ones who broke the law. And our country allowed him to be educated here. I think the dreamers have a claim.

I disagree. Just because their parents brought them here illegally does not and should not entitle them to anything in our country. Legalizing them is rewarding their law breaking parents. Also, there are supposedly 750,000 so-called Dreamers in this country. That is large number of people competing for college seats, jobs and resources against Americans. It also sets a presidence that all these adult parents need to do is bring their kids here illegally and they will be allowed to remain here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2017, 09:20 AM

13,020 posts, read 5,409,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I disagree. Just because their parents brought them here illegally does not and should not entitle them to anything in our country. Legalizing them is rewarding their law breaking parents. Also, there are supposedly 750,000 so-called Dreamers in this country. That is large number of people competing for college seats, jobs and resources against Americans. It also sets a presidence that all these adult parents need to do is bring their kids here illegally and they will be allowed to remain here.
It's a complex issue, you have to admit. The parents already were encouraged when they came here illegally and enrolled their children in school with no questions asked, or got on the free lunch program with no questions asked, or all the other myriad things our government allows illegals to do once they're here. I know people who have lived here for decades and were brought here as infants. They've got as much in common with Mexico as I do, which is nothing. If they've already been here for decades, let them stay. But enforce the immigration laws now. We got here through both parties allowing this to happen for decades, but we can put a stop to it now so it won't continue happening.

Old 07-09-2017, 10:21 AM

2,808 posts, read 2,240,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post

They need to go home and help their country with their free education that we the taxpayers paid for. Seems so many of them wave their own flags, then time they go there.

Old 07-09-2017, 01:14 PM

18,566 posts, read 13,699,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Because he willing enter the US without Visa and a passport and he should be deported immediately. It Pisses me off to see this wave his Illegal status in front of America.
He has not rights, Vargas should not even be here. In other countries that enforce their laws he would be gone!
Those on the Left like to pick and choose what laws they ignore

Old 07-09-2017, 04:04 PM

31,648 posts, read 14,607,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
It's a complex issue, you have to admit. The parents already were encouraged when they came here illegally and enrolled their children in school with no questions asked, or got on the free lunch program with no questions asked, or all the other myriad things our government allows illegals to do once they're here. I know people who have lived here for decades and were brought here as infants. They've got as much in common with Mexico as I do, which is nothing. If they've already been here for decades, let them stay. But enforce the immigration laws now. We got here through both parties allowing this to happen for decades, but we can put a stop to it now so it won't continue happening.

Again, I disagree. Just because by law we have to educate kids here illegally (which is a travesty, IMO) does not make it right for their parents to violate our immigration laws in the first place. It doesn't matter how long they have been here. Why did they not try to adjust their status? If they are from Mexico they have plenty in common with their birthplace. They were taught the culture and language by their parents. Many I presume still have relatives living there. It's not our problem anyway.

We already tried amnesty in 1986 and now we have at least quadruple the number of illegals here today. When do these amnesties end? Americans need their jobs back also. We shouldn't have to pay for the negligence on the enforcement of our immigration laws by our government.

Old 07-10-2017, 12:02 AM

6,569 posts, read 11,634,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
Deported for exercising his constitutional right? Why target an illegal with no criminal record? That's mean spirited, cold-hearted and disgusting. The majority of Americans want to legalize model citizens like Mr. Vargas and stop the abuse of immigrants and the immigration system.
His ILLEGAL immigration IS a crime!!!! Liberals are also upset about illegals being deported after DUIs. And probably will be upset about illegals being deported after groping and sexually assaulting women which is a common practice in Latin culture.

I guess drunk driving is a serious matter......except when its an illegal.

Old 07-10-2017, 11:13 AM

13,155 posts, read 16,886,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
His ILLEGAL immigration IS a crime!!!! Liberals are also upset about illegals being deported after DUIs. And probably will be upset about illegals being deported after groping and sexually assaulting women which is a common practice in Latin culture.

I guess drunk driving is a serious matter......except when its an illegal.
".... And probably will be upset about illegals being deported after groping and sexually assaulting women"

And yet they scream and holler calling Trump a groper...they'd love to have him deported, but are lenient and want keep the illegal gropers right here. They have 'rights'. As if citizens don't.

Go figure.

Old 07-15-2017, 03:56 PM

1,026 posts, read 348,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Journalist Jose Antonio Vargas, an illegal immigrant from the Philippines, debated Tucker Carlson on the May Day protests and immigration policy.

Carlson asked Vargas why some on the left are embracing violence, as seen earlier this week in Portland, Ore. and elsewhere.

'I'm Not From Mars': Illegal Immigrant Journalist Battles Tucker Over Deportations | Fox News Insider

I'd love to see Mr Vargas arrested, held, then deported from the US.
Why is this guy EVEN allowed to stay here if he's illegal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or