U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 08:21 PM

1,125 posts, read 451,870 times

Advertisements

She's gotta go we have rules that must be followed. No sympathy for these cheaters and scammers who freeload off our tax dollars. Whats the point of immigration laws if everyone is given a free pass for popping out an anchor baby?
If she just gives up and agrees to be deported right now instead of dragging it out, her family can be together again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 08:44 PM

10,908 posts, read 3,812,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog9 View Post
She's gotta go we have rules that must be followed. No sympathy for these cheaters and scammers who freeload off our tax dollars. Whats the point of immigration laws if everyone is given a free pass for popping out an anchor baby?
If she just gives up and agrees to be deported right now instead of dragging it out, her family can be together again
Nope we don't have rules that must be followed. Flat lie. If we did there would not be 11 million illegal aliens.

And that is exactly the problem in this case. We do not follow our own rules. But we are attempting to in this case even though it is quite irrational.

And that is the problem with all this.

And her family are not leaving. Father is a permanent resident and kid is a citizen. So all we are doing is starting a multiple year and expensive legal battle to get her back if they do deport her. And they may not. SLC is good at this sort of things so the immigration may well back off.

Old 05-03-2017, 08:46 PM

35,121 posts, read 37,964,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Your post is more right wing garbage. I in no way support illegal aliens. Simply should not have happened. But it did. My quest is to fix it. And that involves getting rid of all this silly BS from the right. And how many legal aliens are you supporting in your home?
Why would I support or have the need to support anyone who is legal? Besides I am not the on who thinks being illegal is the peach not the pit.
First and foremost I do not have wings and I have no idea what in hades you actually mean by right wing garbage, our trash bin sits on the left side of our road waiting to be picked up.
My assumption is that you are assuming that you have a clue as to my personal political policies and I will tell you now you have a clue but whatever you think it is, it is not.
My Grandmother came to America as a child from Germany *legally*, her siblings also came legally and so many others have done the same with no worries about being deported or separated from their families.
Your quest to *fix it* whatever *it* is can be accomplished by opening your home and bank account to all of those who are illegal. That way the government does not have to support them, they do not take jobs away from anyone, they in theory do not steal identification documents and social security numbers because they have *Aunty/Uncle Ivmensch* to support their every need, aren't they lucky.......

Old 05-03-2017, 09:13 PM

2,808 posts, read 2,249,223 times
Quote:
Your post is more right wing garbage. I in no way support illegal aliens. Simply should not have happened. But it did. My quest is to fix it. And that involves getting rid of all this silly BS from the right.
And what is your fix for it? When someone breaks the law, the only true fix is punishment, in this case deportation. What if an illegal made illegal money and used it to buy a home or business, then the Rico Act was used against them to confiscate their stolen wealth, whose fault would it then be that their children went without, ours, or their parents who broke the law to get that wealth.

Deport each and everyone of them, with the one exception for those who joined the services, thus willing to serve our country, they should be given citizenship, the rest deported, or self deport if they are smart, that way they would at least have a chance to come back in legally.

My wife came from the Philippines, we paid all fees for her to come to the US legally and to become a US citizen, we waited and waited to do it legally, why should illegals who came to the US ILLEGALLY be given what my wife and many others who did it legally had to pay and wait for.

Old 05-03-2017, 09:31 PM

10,908 posts, read 3,812,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
And what is your fix for it? When someone breaks the law, the only true fix is punishment, in this case deportation. What if an illegal made illegal money and used it to buy a home or business, then the Rico Act was used against them to confiscate their stolen wealth, whose fault would it then be that their children went without, ours, or their parents who broke the law to get that wealth.

Deport each and everyone of them, with the one exception for those who joined the services, thus willing to serve our country, they should be given citizenship, the rest deported, or self deport if they are smart, that way they would at least have a chance to come back in legally.

My wife came from the Philippines, we paid all fees for her to come to the US legally and to become a US citizen, we waited and waited to do it legally, why should illegals who came to the US ILLEGALLY be given what my wife and many others who did it legally had to pay and wait for.
Basic rule of law anywhere. Your enforcement has to be timely. If you ignore a law for decades can you enforce it? Generally no though with some exceptions. Practically never except for certain high felonies like murder.

The rule of money made by illegals would be the same as money made by legals. Why would you discriminate? If you are convicted of cheating on your taxes does that make you guilty of speeding?

If we had deported them 6 months or a year after they went illegal I would have no problem. After 20 years and a couple of kids? Different discussion.

And the fix is obvious. You give all the long time illegals legal status. Get the lillegal count down to a million or half a million and then enforce the hell out of it.

But don't claim it is illegal if you won't or can't enforce it. How is that for simple?

Old 05-03-2017, 10:03 PM

2,808 posts, read 2,249,223 times
Quote:
Basic rule of law anywhere. Your enforcement has to be timely. If you ignore a law for decades can you enforce it? Generally no though with some exceptions. Practically never except for certain high felonies like murder.

The rule of money made by illegals would be the same as money made by legals. Why would you discriminate? If you are convicted of cheating on your taxes does that make you guilty of speeding?

If we had deported them 6 months or a year after they went illegal I would have no problem. After 20 years and a couple of kids? Different discussion.

And the fix is obvious. You give all the long time illegals legal status. Get the lillegal count down to a million or half a million and then enforce the hell out of it.

But don't claim it is illegal if you won't or can't enforce it. How is that for simple?
As for crimes, using my first example, your property would still be gone, you would not be reimbursed for what they took, or for the use of your home, so is the crime really over for the victims and if they commit more serious crimes, is the crime really over for the families and when will the crime be over for the taxpayers who have been bilked by illegals....

So you want to reward them for committing their crimes of breaking into our country, working without paying taxes, probably using someone else's SS#, we did that before and it did not stop more from coming, whereas deporting them all might give most who want to come second thoughts about coming.
Experts: ‘Reagan Amnesty’ for Illegal Aliens Set The Stage for Immigration Battles

Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986

So what happened, even more came in and all because politicians do not wish to enforce the laws on the books. If you do not like the laws, then work to have them changed but the laws are on the books, therefore they need to be enforced.

BTW I am an independent who used to be a democrat, so more than just republicans want those laws enforced.

Old 05-03-2017, 10:08 PM

32,889 posts, read 30,151,453 times
Quote:
Your post is more right wing garbage. I in no way support illegal aliens. Simply should not have happened. But it did. My quest is to fix it. And that involves getting rid of all this silly BS from the right.

And how many legal aliens are you supporting in your home?
You talk out of both sides of your head. There doesn't need to be a fix other than to bolster our border security. That and to implement I9.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:16 PM

20,088 posts, read 20,576,914 times
[quote=lvmensch;48039551]
Quote:
There is no statute of limitations on being in the country illegally.

Quote:
Why would you discriminate? Because its illegally gotten money. It is not the same as making money legally. Your statement makes no sense.

Quote:
So does that apply to all crimes? If I kill someone and dont get caught within 6 months I should be absolved of my crime?

Quote:

Or finally start enforcing the hell out of it.
These people have been willfully ignoring the law. they were given opportunity to fix it. Just because you ignore it for 20 years doesn't mean you should get a pass. Her family can move to Mexico with her. I'm sure the government there will be happy to help them.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:45 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,127,847 times
[quote=2mares;48046718]
Quote:
There is no statute of limitations on being in the country illegally.

Why would you discriminate? Because its illegally gotten money. It is not the same as making money legally. Your statement makes no sense.

So does that apply to all crimes? If I kill someone and dont get caught within 6 months I should be absolved of my crime?

Or finally start enforcing the hell out of it.
These people have been willfully ignoring the law. they were given opportunity to fix it. Just because you ignore it for 20 years doesn't mean you should get a pass. Her family can move to Mexico with her. I'm sure the government there will be happy to help them.
There is no statute of limitations on being in the country illegally. Should there be? No.

Any money earned in the US being here outside the law whether it be those that entered without authorization or overstayed visas should be confiscated for their legal expenses. Illegal aliens are criminals and any money earned was earned only because they committed the crime of entering the US without authorization.

Well, if you are an illegal alien, I think we can overlook it if you kill someone. Just go to a sanctuary city and you'll be OK.

In her case, action was taken long, long ago. We need to chip them when they caught!

Old 05-04-2017, 03:37 PM

767 posts, read 484,899 times
No one is forcing this family to be apart. The husband should sell everything they have, and move to Mexico to be with his wife. They can apply for Mexican citizenship for their children. Once there, she has to wait 10 years before she can apply to come back to the U.S.

Why does everyone want to crap on Mexico. If it wasn't a beautiful country, it wouldn't be a tourist destination. Both spouses should have marketable skills.

My In-laws LEGALLY immigrated to the U.S. from the Dominican Republic. Both are planning on retiring there. They don't hate their home country. They have tons of family living there. Why does the media portray Mexico as some scum of the earth, horrible place that Mexicans have to flee from or die? Yes Northern Mexico is rough, all desert areas are like that, and the cartels are causing havoc. Southern and Central Mexico is beautiful though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration