U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 07:44 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,298,901 times

Advertisements

Neighbors noticed the warning signs — vehicles dropping off large groups of people, who would then nervously scurry into the San Diego home.

When police officers arrived to investigate the property in November, the home’s resident, Dania Olivero, told them she had invited friends over to drink beer. But when they stepped inside the home, officers noticed no one was drinking — the beer cans were unopened and appeared to have just been pulled from the refrigerator.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.da32150cc391

This lady should've been locked up for at least 10 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2017, 08:00 AM

1,018 posts, read 387,268 times
I see that all the time, houses and apartments filled with middle aged Mexican men. Looked in the window and the floor was covered with mattresses.

Old 05-05-2017, 11:27 AM

1,125 posts, read 449,944 times
After her prison sentence i hope shes deported

Old 05-05-2017, 11:31 AM

2,626 posts, read 1,356,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog9 View Post
I think money was her motivation for housing illegal aliens. If she is a US citizen her citizenship should be revoked and sent to the country of her choice....

Old 05-05-2017, 11:32 AM

20,035 posts, read 20,532,251 times
From the article:

Quote:
The father of four of her children had died in 2011, and an accident that left her with an injured wrist made it hard to work. She also was raising her partner’s two young children, whose mother had been deported. She worked odd jobs and relied financially on food stamps, recycling cans and support from her oldest son.
So she was eligible for SSI benefits for her 4 kids as well as government assistance for the other two kids, most likely including section 8 housing and medical coverage along with the food stamps and she's trying to get sympathy for engaging in illegal activities to get illegal money to pay her rent.

Well chit, my husband died when our kids were little, I have back injuries, arthritis and carpel tunnel that have made it difficult to work yet I did and never got food stamps, housing or medical assistance. I wonder if people would have felt sorry for me if I had sold drugs to supplement my income, you know for the kids.

Old 05-05-2017, 11:38 AM

1,225 posts, read 362,416 times
Quote:
I believe she's a citizen

Old 05-05-2017, 11:41 AM

1,125 posts, read 449,944 times
See theres that magic number of 4 kids again

Old 05-05-2017, 12:34 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,087,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
I see that all the time, houses and apartments filled with middle aged Mexican men. Looked in the window and the floor was covered with mattresses.
The realtor told us that here, they make every room a bedroom. A couple of them looked at our house, I believe though a legal one (immigrant or citizen) buys the house and the rest move in, our 4 bedroom house of almost 1500 sq ft was too small. I always thought that was good as the neighbors deserved better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
I think money was her motivation for housing illegal aliens. If she is a US citizen her citizenship should be revoked and sent to the country of her choice....
Money is often the reason that people commit crimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
From the article:

So she was eligible for SSI benefits for her 4 kids as well as government assistance for the other two kids, most likely including section 8 housing and medical coverage along with the food stamps and she's trying to get sympathy for engaging in illegal activities to get illegal money to pay her rent.

Well chit, my husband died when our kids were little, I have back injuries, arthritis and carpel tunnel that have made it difficult to work yet I did and never got food stamps, housing or medical assistance. I wonder if people would have felt sorry for me if I had sold drugs to supplement my income, you know for the kids.
Never enough. It appears there was plenty of money for beer! As I said to my husband "sounds like those illegals were living the dream", a bucket for a toilet in a hot shed. These people would have had no way out. I just wonder exactly what all they were doing with these people. This is what is sad and the libs don't get, these people are exploited by people in their own country getting them in the US and then exploited once they get here, it is the exploitation that keeps the border open. It would be more compassionate to stop the flow and twist the arm of Mexico and other countries dumping their poor on us and tell them to get their acts together or expect not another dime from the US, sanction them for human rights violations if it is so darn bad in their countries!

Quote:
See theres that magic number of 4 kids again
Could it be a family cap? A safe number to have and still qualify for welfare for each kid? That is my bet! Obviously, they understand birth control if they can cut it off at 4 also. That really ticks me off when American citizens, the majority, only have the number of kids they can support.

Old 05-05-2017, 12:34 PM

11,944 posts, read 6,577,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
I believe she's a citizen
She's a Cuban living legally in the US. The article made no mention of her being a US citizen.

Old 05-05-2017, 12:44 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,087,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
She's a Cuban living legally in the US. The article made no mention of her being a US citizen.
She is a Cuban national, this story is from her arrest, she was involved in smuggling them in: Cuban national arrested for harboring 44 illegal aliens in San

I think they should behead her for what she put the illegal aliens through for her own gain. That would make a statement to others that do this. Chop-chop!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or