U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 02:35 PM

6,730 posts, read 1,902,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
A friend of mine works in the local foster care system. She's seen more than one case where because the parents were detained and the children citizens they were taken into foster care. Also she's seen it happen with non citizen minors. The parents didn't have any other crimes. She said more often than not the children end up adopted as the parents have a hard time fighting the legal battle abroad
Blame the people responsible. The Parents who couldn't be bothered with obeying our laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 06:07 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,087,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
A friend of mine works in the local foster care system. She's seen more than one case where because the parents were detained and the children citizens they were taken into foster care. Also she's seen it happen with non citizen minors. The parents didn't have any other crimes. She said more often than not the children end up adopted as the parents have a hard time fighting the legal battle abroad
Is this unique to illegal alien criminals or criminals in general. I know the answer, criminals in general. It doesn't matter how many crimes someone commits, there isn't anything written that I know that specifies how many crimes you have to commit, it can just be one, often if one. I question also whether your friend should be discussing this with you due to privacy issues.

Children don't come out of foster care very quickly that I have ever heard of. I don't know what state you are in, but it is very common for children to grow up in the foster system unless they enter before the age of 5. I have watched that for over 35 years.

We have yet to see such a case in the news. It sounds like your friend is a sympathizer and talking "no other crime" is kind of a red flag. I see people in the media all the time that just committed one crime going to jail or prison. If these stories were out there, they would have been spouting them at the Democratic convention, children in tears saying they lost their otherwise law-abiding illegal alien mommy because the bad government in the USA gave her the boot!

They have options: Undocumented Mexicans seek dual citizenship for children - CNN.com and Parents Fearing Deportation Make Guardianship Plans "In Case Mommy Doesn't Come Home" | Zero Hedge

Our country can't be held responsible for the mistakes and crimes of illegal aliens. It is called taking personal responsibility.

There are 428,000 children in foster care. 2% of incarcerated men and 8 to 10% of incarcerated women have children in foster care. In truth, it is probably that the children are separated from parents who have no respect for the law, since that rarely has a positive outcome.

I just have no sympathy for these people coming here to milk the system. They like the system when it paying for the delivery of their anchors, sending the monthly welfare check to the kids, getting the family in Section 8 housing, but not when it puts a crimp in their lifestyle.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:17 PM

1,225 posts, read 362,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Is this unique to illegal alien criminals or criminals in general. I know the answer, criminals in general. It doesn't matter how many crimes someone commits, there isn't anything written that I know that specifies how many crimes you have to commit, it can just be one, often if one. I question also whether your friend should be discussing this with you due to privacy issues.

Children don't come out of foster care very quickly that I have ever heard of. I don't know what state you are in, but it is very common for children to grow up in the foster system unless they enter before the age of 5. I have watched that for over 35 years.

We have yet to see such a case in the news. It sounds like your friend is a sympathizer and talking "no other crime" is kind of a red flag. I see people in the media all the time that just committed one crime going to jail or prison. If these stories were out there, they would have been spouting them at the Democratic convention, children in tears saying they lost their otherwise law-abiding illegal alien mommy because the bad government in the USA gave her the boot!

They have options: Undocumented Mexicans seek dual citizenship for children - CNN.com and Parents Fearing Deportation Make Guardianship Plans "In Case Mommy Doesn't Come Home" | Zero Hedge

Our country can't be held responsible for the mistakes and crimes of illegal aliens. It is called taking personal responsibility.

There are 428,000 children in foster care. 2% of incarcerated men and 8 to 10% of incarcerated women have children in foster care. In truth, it is probably that the children are separated from parents who have no respect for the law, since that rarely has a positive outcome.

I just have no sympathy for these people coming here to milk the system. They like the system when it paying for the delivery of their anchors, sending the monthly welfare check to the kids, getting the family in Section 8 housing, but not when it puts a crimp in their lifestyle.
She's seen a few cases and believes that the parents should have the right to take them. This is in Florida

Old 05-11-2017, 03:14 AM

25,351 posts, read 37,514,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Go to any child of a person with a devastating illness and you can see kids suffer. Thats what is what I feel sorry about and breaks my heart. Illegals who get deported can take their kids and for another decade or longer explain how they caused the issues themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or