Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 09:33 AM

33,827 posts, read 16,841,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

I was impressed by these parents who seemed to care enough about their kids to prepare them so they could accompany them to their home country: Undocumented immigrants rush to make U.S.-born kids dual Mexican citizens When you get into the welfare types, citizens or not, caring about their kids usually is not a priority.
They impressed me, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2017, 10:08 AM

22,323 posts, read 11,839,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Dude, it ain't gonna work. Those American citizens who want their laws respected and their borders secure are not the bad guys here. No amount of attempted shaming, finger pointing, name calling, racism accusing or heart-string-pulling stories are going to change that fact.

Trump was elected president of the United States in no small part because of his stance on border security and illegal immigration. So keep demeaning your fellow citizens who feel differently from you if it helps you sleep better at night but it won't change anything.
I couldn't rep you again but this^^^^is spot on

Old 05-06-2017, 11:30 AM

1,225 posts, read 602,296 times
Quote:
If the parents went to jail, that is not the same as being deported. Were the parents deported from the US or jailed, big difference? Actually, if a relative steps up, the relative can take guardianship and the children can come out of child services. I take it no relative or friend was willing to take the children, or were the children being abused, neglected and/or exploited and removed by Child Protective Services which opens a new issue?

So, these illegal alien parents went to jail? I'm looking for a case where the parents were deported for being illegal aliens and the US refused to let them take their children with them.

The parents had the anchors hoping of anchoring themselves to the US and to draw public assistance, one anchor gets the entire family in Section 8 housing and the kids spread their array of food stamp, WIC, etc. to the family, thus the magic number "4" kids.

I don't think we have "orphaned children". Undocumented immigrants who fear deportation are drafting caretaker plans for their kids. It appears that relatives step up and collect the public assistance, I am sure many of dollars going into Mexico from the US to the tune of $26 billion in 2016 come out of the taxpayer's pockets! The government is already supporting those anchors whether the parents are here or in their own country!

As long as those anchors bring in the monthly taxpayer infusion of cash, they'll be relatives to take them in. I have watched the adoption exchanges for 35 years and saw no great influx of children of Hispanic/Latino descent in the system, and yes, the great and grand majority of illegal aliens are of Hispanic/Latino descent.

Is it good for the kids of US citizens who separated from their children?

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...rdened/433638/

So, let's open those prison doors and let our US citizens go home to their children! And, again, over 1 million of those prisoners are there for non-violent crimes.

I see great advantage for these illegal aliens in that they can be with their children, they simply have to give up the welfare checks, but then, why do that when you had the magic "4" children to milk the US public assistance teat! Keep the milk flowing to the mother country!

Where is the sympathy for our own citizen children who are separated from their families because the parent committed a crime? Where is the sympathy for the parent who is permanently separated from their child because an illegal alien killed their child.

Load them up and ship them out per the law.

I was impressed by these parents who seemed to care enough about their kids to prepare them so they could accompany them to their home country: Undocumented immigrants rush to make U.S.-born kids dual Mexican citizens When you get into the welfare types, citizens or not, caring about their kids usually is not a priority.
I'm talking about being arrested/detained by ICE. The children could not be detained with them

Old 05-06-2017, 11:48 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,256,079 times
Quote:
If the parents went to jail, that is not the same as being deported. Were the parents deported from the US or jailed, big difference? Actually, if a relative steps up, the relative can take guardianship and the children can come out of child services. I take it no relative or friend was willing to take the children, or were the children being abused, neglected and/or exploited and removed by Child Protective Services which opens a new issue?

So, these illegal alien parents went to jail? I'm looking for a case where the parents were deported for being illegal aliens and the US refused to let them take their children with them.

The parents had the anchors hoping of anchoring themselves to the US and to draw public assistance, one anchor gets the entire family in Section 8 housing and the kids spread their array of food stamp, WIC, etc. to the family, thus the magic number "4" kids.

I don't think we have "orphaned children". Undocumented immigrants who fear deportation are drafting caretaker plans for their kids. It appears that relatives step up and collect the public assistance, I am sure many of dollars going into Mexico from the US to the tune of $26 billion in 2016 come out of the taxpayer's pockets! The government is already supporting those anchors whether the parents are here or in their own country!

As long as those anchors bring in the monthly taxpayer infusion of cash, they'll be relatives to take them in. I have watched the adoption exchanges for 35 years and saw no great influx of children of Hispanic/Latino descent in the system, and yes, the great and grand majority of illegal aliens are of Hispanic/Latino descent.

Is it good for the kids of US citizens who separated from their children?

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...rdened/433638/

So, let's open those prison doors and let our US citizens go home to their children! And, again, over 1 million of those prisoners are there for non-violent crimes.

I see great advantage for these illegal aliens in that they can be with their children, they simply have to give up the welfare checks, but then, why do that when you had the magic "4" children to milk the US public assistance teat! Keep the milk flowing to the mother country!

Where is the sympathy for our own citizen children who are separated from their families because the parent committed a crime? Where is the sympathy for the parent who is permanently separated from their child because an illegal alien killed their child.

Load them up and ship them out per the law.

Another post of RWj-Anti BS. It gets no better stacking it higher and deeper.

The vast majority of illegal aliens are here to work and prosper. Some of course will take advantage of support offered but it is a minority. Most come to work and become permanent Americans.

And deporting the parent may very well create a welfare situation where none existed before. Cost of the deportation.

Old 05-06-2017, 11:59 AM

6,134 posts, read 3,349,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog9 View Post
And the big corps get profits with all the freebies we pay for...how much of snap goes to Walmart??
Snap? Are you referring to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program AKA Snap?
If you are a prudent shopper using government money, why wouldn't you and the government demand shopping for the lowest prices and if that included Walmart so be it. As long as the government has programs like food stamps or Snap the shopper has the obligation to shop for the best bang for the buck.

And if corporations profit so be it. Believe it or not nothing is free in life.

If people have a problem with the above programs and their cost, write your congress person and demand a tightening of there qualification.

Old 05-06-2017, 12:05 PM

6,134 posts, read 3,349,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post

The vast majority of illegal aliens are here to work and prosper. Some of course will take advantage of support offered but it is a minority. Most come to work and become permanent Americans.

And deporting the parent may very well create a welfare situation where none existed before. Cost of the deportation.
I wonder if the above highlighted words are true? I doubt many would show up for citizenship if they knew they had to pay back taxes, fines etc?

Old 05-06-2017, 12:08 PM

632 posts, read 1,176,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Yes usually when parent engage in illegal activity or generally screw up its the kids that suffer. Adults really need to think about the impact their actions may have on their children.
But parents don't because they know that the American government will let their kids stay no matter what and so they have no incentive to stop coming here unlike other countries that WILL remove you no matter what.

Old 05-06-2017, 12:09 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,504,450 times
A law is a law. That's how I see it.

Is there any country out there that's let's illegals stay and thrive knowing they are illegal?

Another thing that is happening that is hurt in America in the pocket book is that allot of the money illegals make here gets sent back to Mexico for family members there. That money is being taken out of our circulation.

It's a tough call. I don't think anyone wants to see anyone suffer, especially children.
But a law is a law.
There is a reason this is law.

Old 05-07-2017, 04:49 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,599,387 times
These kids should be offered a ticket back to live with their parents.

When the kids turn 21 they can endorse their parents if the kids make enough money and if their parents qualify for re-entry in the US.

If the kids want to move here without their parents then that will be be their choice.

My parents never moved here and lived in Europe which was our free choice and of course we loved to have stayed together as a family but we made the choice of moving and they made the choice of not moving.

Families break up if you want to dramatize it or just call it as we did,we moved for certain reasons

Old 05-07-2017, 05:10 AM

58,659 posts, read 26,945,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post

"Another post of RWj-"

And you and yours wonder how you lost over 1,400 political seats!

When you start right off the bat insulting and juvenile name calling those that do not agree with you, those that you WANT to reach, ignore you.

"The vast majority of illegal aliens are here to work and prosper."

So, explain how they can do that LEGALLY.

The first thing on any application after your name is your Social Security number.

How do they fill that in?

" Most come to work and become permanent Americans."

Just by BEING ILLEGAL stops them from being Americans.

But, people like you will never get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration