U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 07:14 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,658,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Thank you...I agree.

In the parking lot of Home Depot? There should be a complaint filed with the management, so that they can call the authorities to issue a trespass warning. No loitering.
The phenomena of illegals gathering on street corners and Home Depot parking lots can trace its roots to California. Leave it to political correct gone mad liberals for this cancer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2008, 11:00 PM

451 posts, read 235,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Thank you...I agree.

In the parking lot of Home Depot? There should be a complaint filed with the management, so that they can call the authorities to issue a trespass warning. No loitering.
They will never do that, it's all part of the attraction of the business, I wish I had them available like that up here.
Here I need to make a couple of phone calls to get my people.They are always worth it though.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:27 AM

334 posts, read 741,485 times
For a lot of people it's a tremendous benefit. Home depot will load your car/truck for you, but who's going to lug all that stuff out when you get home? Maybe even help you plant it/nail it up/paint it -- whatever. It's called synergy, I believe . . .

And try not to make the stupid assumption that because someone is willing to work as a day laborer and hang out at a store or on the street looking for work that they are illegal -- that would be idiotic!

Old 05-12-2008, 03:56 PM

27,236 posts, read 40,266,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rosarito View Post
For a lot of people it's a tremendous benefit. Home depot will load your car/truck for you, but who's going to lug all that stuff out when you get home? Maybe even help you plant it/nail it up/paint it -- whatever. It's called synergy, I believe . . .

And try not to make the stupid assumption that because someone is willing to work as a day laborer and hang out at a store or on the street looking for work that they are illegal -- that would be idiotic!

I'm not suggesting that they're illegal. I'm suggesting that if they are looking for work, they should go to one of these temporary staffing agencies, Labor Ready, Labor Finders, Jobs Plus, Men at Work...there's others...and go about getting WORK legally--not loitering in parking lots, or on the street corner.

Old 05-12-2008, 04:57 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:

Why would anyone allow someone they picked up off a street corner that they know absolutely nothing about to come inside their home to work? Or even work in their yard? All i know is this- I wouldn't do it.

Old 05-13-2008, 01:28 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,658,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Why would anyone allow someone they picked up off a street corner that they know absolutely nothing about to come inside their home to work? Or even work in their yard? All i know is this- I wouldn't do it.
Very good point. Dave is just desperate to validate why we need illegal day laborers.

Google Image Result for http://www.daylaborers.org/assets/images/finger.jpg

Old 05-13-2008, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Very good point. Dave is just desperate to validate why we need illegal day laborers.

Google Image Result for http://www.daylaborers.org/assets/images/finger.jpg
Desperate? Hardly -- if they're illegal, they should be deported. I'm saying there're many people who are not as paranoid as you and what's her name and appreciate the ability to pick up some quick laborers. YOU may not care, but I'm not interested in paying a 3rd party (labor ready, etc.) when I can just go to where the workers are and negotiate my own deal, thank you!

Old 05-14-2008, 03:41 PM

451 posts, read 235,437 times
Quote:

The vast majority of people think like this

Old 05-14-2008, 04:25 PM

13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barinnas View Post
The vast majority of people think like this
The vast majority? Are you the spokesperson for the vast majority of the people? Or did you actually poll the vast majority to determine what their feelings and beliefs are?

Old 05-15-2008, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
The vast majority? Are you the spokesperson for the vast majority of the people? Or did you actually poll the vast majority to determine what their feelings and beliefs are?
It exists simply because in the US of A it is the "majority" who decide what is permitted and what isn't. Want to change it? Vote it out and prove that the "majority" don't want it .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration