U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 09:06 AM

9,921 posts, read 7,189,607 times

Advertisements

What exactly is wrong with deporting law breakers?

If the cops catch a criminal and he is found to be in the country illegally we should send him packing after he answers for his crime.
That is pretty basic.
Of course Texas will now have boycotts and lawsuits from the Social Justice Warriors.

In my home state we now have this horrible double murder of 2 Doctors by a legal immigrant but the thing is he recently got out of jail after serving 9 months for robbing 2 banks! If he was sent away for more than a year he would have been deported upon his release but some Liberal judge reduced his sentence to keep this fine young man in our state.

Immigrant who ‘killed Boston doctors’ has bank-robbing rapsheet

If you or I robbed 2 banks I think we would get a longer prison stay then 9 months.

Why are we coddling illegal aliens and giving them space to live in sanctuary??

Texas is doing the right thing and hopefully after the onslaught of negativity from the media they will not fold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 10:30 AM

29,759 posts, read 12,468,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) - Texas Republican Governor Greg Abbott signed into law on Sunday a measure to punish "sanctuary cities," despite a plea from police chiefs of the state's biggest cities to halt the bill they said would hinder their ability to fight crime.

The Texas measure comes as Republican U.S. President Donald Trump has made combating illegal immigration a priority. Texas, which has an estimated 1.5 million illegal immigrants and the longest border with Mexico of any U.S. state, has been at the forefront of the immigration debate.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-gov...004809093.html

If I was an illegal alien in Texas, I'd be thinking about leaving and real fast.
What's a sanctuary city, they are already complying with immigration laws. What does this bill change specifically.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:32 AM

10,403 posts, read 8,382,897 times
Bravo for Texas

Old 05-09-2017, 01:45 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,145,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
What's a sanctuary city, they are already complying with immigration laws. What does this bill change specifically.
A sanctuary city is not complying with immigration laws, they are shielding illegal immigrants, harboring them which is against the law.

Old 05-09-2017, 01:50 PM

9,863 posts, read 13,257,627 times
Great move!

Old 05-10-2017, 02:04 AM

8,881 posts, read 10,358,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
A sanctuary city is not complying with immigration laws, they are shielding illegal immigrants, harboring them which is against the law.
How. Exactly. Thing is we don't have official "sanctuary cities" in Texas. There is no definition. It's a feel good movement and nothing will change.

Old 05-10-2017, 05:37 AM

30,149 posts, read 15,740,160 times
Abbot is more sensible than other Governors who refuse to comply with the law, and he is being cheered for his actions by every one of my Texas Facebook friends (and I have a lot of them from Texas). They are proud to be Texans right now and giving him a big

Old 05-10-2017, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
They are not shielding or harboring them, as far as I know all these police departments are turning over illegal immigrants to ICE.

Take Dallas for instance, they are not shielding anyone.

Old 05-10-2017, 07:25 AM

1,225 posts, read 365,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They are not shielding or harboring them, as far as I know all these police departments are turning over illegal immigrants to ICE.

Take Dallas for instance, they are not shielding anyone.
I don't know about that. I know of a situation where the wife was arrested for domestic violence and ended up in jail. She's an overstay in North Carolina. She had no ice detainer and was ROR'd and they were aware of her status. This was two weeks ago.

Old 05-10-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
I don't know about that. I know of a situation where the wife was arrested for domestic violence and ended up in jail. She's an overstay in North Carolina. She had no ice detainer and was ROR'd and they were aware of her status. This was two weeks ago.
I am not sure it never happens but generally speaking most police will detain those with a felony conviction. The case you mentioned may have been just a mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or