Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 07:14 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times

Advertisements

ATLANTA – Federal authorities have revoked the protection from deportation granted to a Mexican woman who became a cause celebre in the debate over illegal immigration when she was a Georgia college student seven years ago.

Immigration authorities last week terminated 29-year-old Jessica Colotl's protection under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program. The next day, a government lawyer asked an immigration judge to issue a deportation order.

Protection from deportation revoked for former cause celebre | Fox News

Good. People like her HAVE to leave the US, Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 02:46 PM

25,957 posts, read 22,107,325 times
I remember hearing about her before. Glad to see the "situation" is being taken care of.

Old 05-12-2017, 01:31 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Why do so many of them that are so called "grateful " to be here, commit crimes!

Is that called "grateful"!

It seems the crime rate amongst illegals is pretty high.

Old 05-12-2017, 03:44 AM

1,510 posts, read 1,006,316 times
You think decent Americans will allow the wicked and cruel ICE to deport this upstanding illegal alien who just have two small blemishes to her record? No way! I bet daily protests at their offices will force them to back down.

Old 05-12-2017, 05:05 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
ATLANTA – Federal authorities have revoked the protection from deportation granted to a Mexican woman who became a cause celebre in the debate over illegal immigration when she was a Georgia college student seven years ago.

Immigration authorities last week terminated 29-year-old Jessica Colotl's protection under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program. The next day, a government lawyer asked an immigration judge to issue a deportation order.

Protection from deportation revoked for former cause celebre | Fox News

Good. People like her HAVE to leave the US, Period.
Wait. Hold on for just a minute. I know you authoritarians are all about rules, but the article fails to state what her felony was. If you are a US citizen, own a car, a house, and a gun, I guarantee you I can find a felony to fit you.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:50 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
You think decent Americans will allow the wicked and cruel ICE to deport this upstanding illegal alien who just have two small blemishes to her record? No way! I bet daily protests at their offices will force them to back down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Wait. Hold on for just a minute. I know you authoritarians are all about rules, but the article fails to state what her felony was. If you are a US citizen, own a car, a house, and a gun, I guarantee you I can find a felony to fit you.
The woman in this thread IS an illegal alien. She CAN be deported at ANY time for "just" being here illegally.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:28 PM

10,029 posts, read 9,504,253 times
Quote:
If anyone is committing a felony, they should be charged no matter if they are here legally or not. The fact that she is here illegally is another issue and she should be deported. What part of illegal alien are you just not getting?

Old 05-12-2017, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Why do so many of them that are so called "grateful " to be here, commit crimes!

Is that called "grateful"!

It seems the crime rate amongst illegals is pretty high.
Grateful because of the freebies available to them and if they commit a crime, the US is much easier on them than in their country of origin I suspect.

Quote:
You're joking, right?

Quote:
Not all crimes are felonies, you knew that right? I challenge you to find the felony that I am committing. At 62, I have had 1 traffic ticket, never wrote a bad check, and I am an American citizen residing in OUR country.

She broke US immigration law. She is OUT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The woman in this thread IS an illegal alien. She CAN be deported at ANY time for "just" being here illegally.
Yeah, "illegally" is lost on a liberal, they voted for Hillary Clinton (my proof).

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
If anyone is committing a felony, they should be charged no matter if they are here legally or not. The fact that she is here illegally is another issue and she should be deported. What part of illegal alien are you just not getting?
They aren't getting the "illegal" part. For some reason they insist on law-abiding illegal being a real thing. Nothing more than an oxymoron, another word that probably isn't in their highly educated vocabulary!

Old 05-12-2017, 03:53 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,006,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Grateful because of the freebies available to them and if they commit a crime, the US is much easier on them than in their country of origin I suspect.

You're joking, right?

Not all crimes are felonies, you knew that right? I challenge you to find the felony that I am committing. At 62, I have had 1 traffic ticket, never wrote a bad check, and I am an American citizen residing in OUR country.

She broke US immigration law. She is OUT!

Yeah, "illegally" is lost on a liberal, they voted for Hillary Clinton (my proof).

They aren't getting the "illegal" part. For some reason they insist on law-abiding illegal being a real thing. Nothing more than an oxymoron, another word that probably isn't in their highly educated vocabulary!
I'm not joking, the punishment doesn't fit the crime and deep down you know it! Georgia is supposed to be in the Bible Belt, yet they have and pass some of the most uncompassionate (sp?) laws. She was brought her illegally without any input on her part. Yes, the law says that illegal presence is forgiven before the person turns 18 but if she were to leave by that age she would be going back to a foreign land.

Stop playing semantics with words, you know what I mean about law-abiding. Obviously is the USCIS allow illegals with no criminal records to adjust their status and get green cards. I challenge you and the other rabid anti-immigration folks to support immigration reform for non-criminal aliens.

Old 05-12-2017, 04:09 PM

Quote:
I'm not joking, the punishment doesn't fit the crime and deep down you know it! Georgia is supposed to be in the Bible Belt, yet they have and pass some of the most uncompassionate (sp?) laws. She was brought her illegally without any input on her part. Yes, the law says that illegal presence is forgiven before the person turns 18 but if she were to leave by that age she would be going back to a foreign land.

Stop playing semantics with words, you know what I mean about law-abiding. Obviously is the USCIS allow illegals with no criminal records to adjust their status and get green cards. I challenge you and the other rabid anti-immigration folks to support immigration reform for non-criminal aliens.
Actually I have no idea what you mean by law-abiding illegal alien, it is an oxymoron. Do you need the definition for that word?

Also, Georgia is not responsible for our federal immigration laws. Not sure where you are going with this.

We have over 1 million non-violent citizen criminals in our prison system, many have children in foster care, they were "otherwise law-abiding" also, yet they wake up in prison every day for the law that they broke.

We are not anti-immigration, we are anti-people that break the laws and I am anti-people that support people who break our laws, if you can see where I am going with this.

I want them out. I want them out of my pocket. Our disabled and/or elderly citizens see constant cuts because the illegal alien women can't keep their knees together because that wouldn't bring in a welfare check for each time, and rarely is a husband present although we keep hearing how religious they are, they were able to have yet another anchor on the government (taxpayers) dime! Every article, they have 4 anchor babies and whatever they brought illegally into the country.

Don't even go there with the "Bible Belt" crap, our government and laws are not based on the Bible and should not be. I get so tired of liberals trashing those that believe in God and wanting to keep the commandments and yet, we get crap about what would Jesus do, etc.

I want them out. The majority of American citizens want them out. I can't wait to see the buses go out of here when they start the employer raids!

And, I was just hoping that you were joking I guess, but not everyone can care about our country or our laws. Driving without a license? Impeding traffic? Only an expired Mexican passport. Giving a false address to law enforcement officers which is a felony (oops). 46% of those in GA wanted her deported (she was getting in state tuition which is also not available for illegal aliens there), 16% didn't want her deported, the rest were unaware of her case - doesn't look like she and her law breaking ways are welcome there. It appears the people of GA were tired of seeing their resources going to illegal aliens, and boy do I sympathize with that!

They are a plague to our nation. I want them GONE!

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 05-12-2017 at 04:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration