U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 04:00 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,157,925 times

Advertisements

I ran across this comment on FB and searched for the article. Washington State school district halts international trips: https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...national-trips

Imagine having planned to go to British Columbia or Japan and suddenly you are told no in the name of protecting illegal aliens. This should go down well. Maybe if we keep punishing citizens this way, it will start to rub some of those sympathizers in the wrong way. Whose America is this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 11:36 PM

1,190 posts, read 695,342 times
That's liberal King County for you. Someday, there may be a backlash.

Old 05-12-2017, 07:54 AM

62,728 posts, read 28,017,960 times
Classic... They're going to have to end all of their trips abroad and foreign exchange student programs to protect illegals. Nice going, liberals... you've just narrowed inquiring and growing minds' perspectives. /smirk

Old 05-12-2017, 09:05 AM

9,927 posts, read 7,196,078 times
It is sad that the group cannot go on the trip due to one or two undocumented students but hasn't that always been the case?
I have traveled abroad under Bush, Obama and Trump and nothing has changed. If any of us cross a border or hop a plane for another country we need to have ID in the form of a passport.

SO for the sake of a few students the rest have to suffer. A trip like that is a once in a life time adventure for those kids and it is not fair that it was cancelled.

Why don't they ask the kids that are preventing the rest from going how they feel?

Old 05-12-2017, 09:10 AM

62,728 posts, read 28,017,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It is sad that the group cannot go on the trip due to one or two undocumented students but hasn't that always been the case?
I have traveled abroad under Bush, Obama and Trump and nothing has changed. If any of us cross a border or hop a plane for another country we need to have ID in the form of a passport.

SO for the sake of a few students the rest have to suffer. A trip like that is a once in a life time adventure for those kids and it is not fair that it was cancelled.

Why don't they ask the kids that are preventing the rest from going how they feel?
Why don't they just stipulate a no participation rule: No US passport or foreign passport with proof of legal US residency, no participation in the trip/program?

I was a foreign exchange student in high school. I had to have a valid US passport to participate in the exchange program.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:11 AM

Maybe this work in the end. The kids being denied might just wake up to the reality of all the costs of illegal immigration. Yeah, once in a lifetime. I can't imagine this has made the illegal aliens in school very popular.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:27 PM

2,432 posts, read 799,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Maybe this work in the end. The kids being denied might just wake up to the reality of all the costs of illegal immigration. Yeah, once in a lifetime. I can't imagine this has made the illegal aliens in school very popular.
This move will certainly build resentment against illegals. It is one thing to tolerate their presence. It is entirely another to have their presence infringe on your ability to do these kinds of traditional kinds of school trips. It is a sad that the interests of the illegals rank higher than that of American kids.

Old 05-12-2017, 01:23 PM

2,067 posts, read 938,796 times
Of course it would be in the Seattle area...one of the biggest idiot paradises in all of North America.

This is gonna go over well for sure, ain't it?

Old 05-12-2017, 02:58 PM

Another article which brings up a good point, anyone "undocumented" wouldn't be going into Canada anyway. Seattle-area School Cancels Student Trips Because of Trump

The way I see it, if you have a personal issue, it is yours to deal with. If I didn't have money for lunch, I'd decline to go. If I wasn't of an age to be doing something lawfully, I would avoid doing it, but of course, I'm not criminal and neither is my family.

Old 05-12-2017, 03:24 PM

11,598 posts, read 5,567,860 times
They shouldn't have cancelled the trip. If the illegals couldn't make it, well---too darn bad! Why should kids that are American citizens and legal immigrants have to suffer to accommodate lawbreakers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or