U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 10:45 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times

Advertisements

The Congressional Hispanic Caucus is demanding the ouster of an immigration hard-liner from a federal office that helps immigrants and businesses solve problems with applications for visas, green cards and U.S. citizenship.

In a letter to Homeland Security Secretary John F. Kelly, the caucus said the appointment of Julie Kirchner as ombudsman for U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, is “offensive, insensitive and malicious.”

Kirchner previously led the Federation for American Immigration Reform, a conservative advocacy group that favors deportations, the construction of a border wall with Mexico, and a sharp reduction in legal immigration from 1 million people a year to 300,000.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.b846872ed36a

Hispanic Caucus: do you really care for the US or is your heart more in LatAm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2017, 11:31 AM

62,361 posts, read 27,757,678 times
Why is the Congressional Hispanic Caucus so opposed to her? Illegal aliens competing for jobs, housing, etc., are just as harmful to LEGAL Hispanic immigrants as they are to everyone else.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:43 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,062,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why is the Congressional Hispanic Caucus so opposed to her? Illegal aliens competing for jobs, housing, etc., are just as harmful to LEGAL Hispanic immigrants as they are to everyone else.
That's a good point. When we have too many people coming in without resources and/or taking the few existing jobs we have, everyone is hurt.

I don't know, who cares what they think?

Old 05-12-2017, 12:20 PM

6,730 posts, read 1,895,514 times
And yet such people complain that Latino's are stereotyped.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:53 PM

1,018 posts, read 385,917 times
Immigration run amuck.

Oak Tree Road - Little India in Edison and Iselin

This is one case, I am finding streets in NJ you would swear you were in another country. Long Branch NJ and Freehold NJ are the biggest Mexican ones near me.

All immigrants need to be watched at this time.

Old 05-13-2017, 07:57 PM

1,073 posts, read 493,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The Congressional Hispanic Caucus is demanding the ouster of an immigration hard-liner from a federal office that helps immigrants and businesses solve problems with applications for visas, green cards and U.S. citizenship.

In a letter to Homeland Security Secretary John F. Kelly, the caucus said the appointment of Julie Kirchner as ombudsman for U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, is “offensive, insensitive and malicious.”

Kirchner previously led the Federation for American Immigration Reform, a conservative advocacy group that favors deportations, the construction of a border wall with Mexico, and a sharp reduction in legal immigration from 1 million people a year to 300,000.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.b846872ed36a

Hispanic Caucus: do you really care for the US or is your heart more in LatAm?
Let's appoint David Duke to a diversity role. If you cannot see the stupidity in this appointment, then something is wrong with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Probably because an ombudsman is suppose to have an oversight role. Get real, please.

Old 05-13-2017, 10:08 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
Let's appoint David Duke to a diversity role. If you cannot see the stupidity in this appointment, then something is wrong with you.

Probably because an ombudsman is suppose to have an oversight role. Get real, please.
I want ALL illegal aliens gone from the US, regardless of "race" and, I'd like to see the people who hide illegals arrested and charged as well.

BTW: Hispanic ain't a race and neither is Muslim.

Old 05-14-2017, 08:39 AM

1,073 posts, read 493,333 times
Quote:
I want ALL illegal aliens gone from the US, regardless of "race" and, I'd like to see the people who hide illegals arrested and charged as well.

smh, Really genius? I didn't know that, ure so smart!

No one cares what you want, this ombudsman is supposed to be an advocate for immigrants not an hardliner.

Old 05-14-2017, 11:18 AM

127 posts, read 98,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
smh, Really genius? I didn't know that, ure so smart!

No one cares what you want, this ombudsman is supposed to be an advocate for immigrants not an hardliner.
An ombudsmen is not an advocate, genius.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ombudsman

Old 05-14-2017, 03:14 PM

3,302 posts, read 911,548 times
Quote:

Or, who employ them! Starting with a $100,000 fine per incident should work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or