U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-13-2017, 03:05 PM
 
3,010 posts, read 888,595 times
Reputation: 2362

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Well that's useful information, lots of 'maybes' and you accuse me of speculation..hmm
Thanks for making my point? lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
The base can fire the employer. Maybe the employees had illegal SSN. Maybe the employer does have a change of heart. I have no idea and neither do you. But you are quick to dismiss great news based on your negative speculation.

 
Old 05-13-2017, 03:29 PM
 
3,350 posts, read 925,202 times
Reputation: 2052
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Notice how nothing happened to their employer? THAT is the elephant in the room that Trump supporters avoid talking about. You can deport people all day long, and as long as their employers are allowed to keep hiring with impunity their replacements are going to be here in a few days..or a few hours.
High time we put in place comprehensive immigration reform with an important provision included to fine anyone caught hiring someone not lawfully entitled to work in the United States $100,000 per incident.
 
Old 05-13-2017, 05:29 PM
 
Location: the Sticks
6,730 posts, read 1,904,088 times
Reputation: 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Notice how nothing happened to their employer? THAT is the elephant in the room that Trump supporters avoid talking about. You can deport people all day long, and as long as their employers are allowed to keep hiring with impunity their replacements are going to be here in a few days..or a few hours.
Who avoids talking about it? Every anti-illegal on this forum is shouting for employers to be hung by the neck until dead.
The fact is that without making E-verify the law of land it is incredibly difficult to prove that employers knew that the employee was an illegal. Blame the politicians from both sides that refuse to pass an E-verify law.
 
Old 05-13-2017, 05:30 PM
 
Location: the Sticks
6,730 posts, read 1,904,088 times
Reputation: 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
High time we put in place comprehensive immigration reform with an important provision included to fine anyone caught hiring someone not lawfully entitled to work in the United States $100,000 per incident.
That includes Joe homeowner trolling HomeDepot parking lots for cheap labor.
I would add penalties for landlords as well.
 
Old 05-13-2017, 06:40 PM
 
Location: la la land
27,291 posts, read 11,400,826 times
Reputation: 19319
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Who avoids talking about it? Every anti-illegal on this forum is shouting for employers to be hung by the neck until dead.
The fact is that without making E-verify the law of land it is incredibly difficult to prove that employers knew that the employee was an illegal. Blame the politicians from both sides that refuse to pass an E-verify law.
the people who call out employers for hiring the undocumented on these forums are in a minority, if you don't believe me go back and check posts for yourself.
 
Old 05-13-2017, 07:02 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,301,713 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
the people who call out employers for hiring the undocumented on these forums are in a minority, if you don't believe me go back and check posts for yourself.
I've called ICE over some illegal aliens AND I've posed here on CDF about employers also need to be put in their place hiring at least known illegals.
 
Old 05-13-2017, 07:27 PM
 
1,225 posts, read 362,628 times
Reputation: 307
I have an acquaintance who is a staunch conservative. She manages a strip club. They will hire anybody. Unfortunately in business good labor or workers come before legal status. In a strip club they don't ask for SSN or proof of being legal to work, simply proof of age. I know for a fact that her club has knowingly hired illegal girls. For them their lack of paper trail works in their favor as they have no proof.
 
Old 05-13-2017, 08:13 PM
 
3,010 posts, read 888,595 times
Reputation: 2362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
I have an acquaintance who is a staunch conservative. She manages a strip club. They will hire anybody. Unfortunately in business good labor or workers come before legal status. In a strip club they don't ask for SSN or proof of being legal to work, simply proof of age. I know for a fact that her club has knowingly hired illegal girls. For them their lack of paper trail works in their favor as they have no proof.
We need to go investigate this immediately! Where is this place?
 
Old 05-13-2017, 09:04 PM
 
Location: la la land
27,291 posts, read 11,400,826 times
Reputation: 19319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I've called ICE over some illegal aliens AND I've posed here on CDF about employers also need to be put in their place hiring at least known illegals.
So have I, when I lived in Reno the HOA I lived in hired undocumented landscape workers but it's clear that ICE wasn't worried because they were all still working there when I moved
 
Old 05-13-2017, 10:06 PM
 
11,541 posts, read 5,527,796 times
Reputation: 9888
From the article:

ICE officials have placed both men in expedited deportation proceedings without a court hearing — known formally as “reinstatement” — because they each have old removal orders issued more than a decade ago after border agents caught them attempting to illegally cross the border. Neither of them has criminal records, according to their attorney.

-----------------------------------

Then one of the caught illegals had this to say:

“The first thing that came to my mind was why me?” Mejia said in Spanish during a phone interview with this news organization from the Rio Cosumnes Correctional Center in Elk Grove, where he is being held.

“I’ve been here for 17 years and my record is excellent. I’ve never done anything to anyone. My bills are paid on time, I have a clean record, we’ve never asked the government for help.”

-----------------------------------

"A clean record"? Is this illegal for real? He has a removal order that was issued over a decade ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top