U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-14-2017, 02:40 AM
 
Location: the Sticks
6,730 posts, read 1,901,596 times
Reputation: 3420

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
the people who call out employers for hiring the undocumented on these forums are in a minority, if you don't believe me go back and check posts for yourself.
You're right I don't believe you. I have been on this forum for a while and the anti-illegal folks all want mandatory E-verify so that employers can be held accountable. It's the pro-illegal types that oppose any form of E-verify or any form of accountability.
Your original claim was Trump supporters. Most Trump supporters are opposed to illegals and those who support them. It's the left that supports illegals and a path to citizenship.

 
Old 05-14-2017, 04:58 AM
 
33,342 posts, read 14,557,798 times
Reputation: 7586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
And the irony is that most of these employers are Republicans!!
"And the irony is that most of these employers are Republicans!!"

A nice claim, now BACK IT UP!
 
Old 05-14-2017, 06:23 AM
 
1,225 posts, read 362,209 times
Reputation: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
We need to go investigate this immediately! Where is this place?
Florida. And it's not just this place it's pretty much the majority of clubs in America. A lot will even hire illegal workers over Americans from what I've learned about the industry because they don't want the other girls to get upset
 
Old 05-14-2017, 07:23 AM
 
Location: Kansas
19,189 posts, read 14,079,037 times
Reputation: 18141
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
e-verify works very well. There is plenty of detail in the article, it was the Air Force who ran the Social Security #'s through CLETS (California law enforcement database) The employer did what 90% of employers do, they knowingly hire illegal immigrants as long as they can give them a social security number because we allow that to happen. The employers are the problem, people who cross the border to work for $10 an hour instead of 75 cents are acting in a perfectly rational manner, it's our job to prevent them from getting jobs so that there will be no incentive to enter the US. If Canada offered jobs at $100 an hour don't you realize how many American's would be finding a way to illegally enter that Country and get those jobs?
The Air Force would run the security check on the employees that the contractor hired. They caught it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
The base can fire the employer. Maybe the employees had illegal SSN. Maybe the employer does have a change of heart. I have no idea and neither do you. But you are quick to dismiss great news based on your negative speculation.
Yes, the employer would be a contractor, but depending on the type of contract, the government may have been the ones running the check on the employees being hired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The social security numbers are usually from dead people. I am not sure what your point is in bringing Obama into the discussion but whatever floats your boat
Dead people? The one million not being told by the IRS that their SS numbers are being used are mostly likely not dead: IRS doesn't tell 1 million taxpayers that illegal immigrants stole their Social Security numbers - Washington Times

And, sadly, for Puerto Ricans, it was even worse since they are mostly likely to a more fitting name for an illegal alien than Mr. Smith or Mr. Jones: Puerto Rican Birth Certificates Invalid After July 1, 2010 | NBC New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog9 View Post
Liars and scammers took jobs from americans.
Criminals, cheaters, law breakers.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
That includes Joe homeowner trolling HomeDepot parking lots for cheap labor.
I would add penalties for landlords as well.
I actually think in this case that Home Depot has some responsibility in this. Something probably needs to be done. I don't know why ICE doesn't show up there for easy pickins'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
the people who call out employers for hiring the undocumented on these forums are in a minority, if you don't believe me go back and check posts for yourself.
"Undocumented"? We have already established that they are "documents" they are illegally present and using stolen identities from American citizens, liars and thieves!

If they have the magic "4" anchor babies, that brings in quite a bite cash and gets them in Section 8 housing, add to that theft which they don't have an issue committing, selling drugs, etc., so for someone without morals or good character, just being blocked from a job isn't going to be enough. SECURE THE BORDER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
So have I, when I lived in Reno the HOA I lived in hired undocumented landscape workers but it's clear that ICE wasn't worried because they were all still working there when I moved
Again, the man was probably not "undocumented", but an illegal alien using a stolen ID to get the job. So, you reported this and nothing was done? You did report it right? Of course, while Obama was in office, it was a hands off policy, so that may have been the issue.

Obama did so much harm during his 8 years when it came to illegal immigration (and everything else, of course): Illegal Immigration and Border Security | Solutions 2016: Expert Analysis, Powerful Messages, Winning Policies

Thinking taking away jobs will stop them from coming to suck the teat of public assistance is just not being realistic. It may help somewhat, but these are not people of high moral character that respect the law, they are criminals and spawn criminals, look at the "dreamers". They all need to go.

The biggest draw was not employment, it was the possibility of amnesty which would have opened the entire array of public assistance to every single one of them!
 
Old 05-14-2017, 07:59 AM
 
Location: la la land
27,229 posts, read 11,375,700 times
Reputation: 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
The Air Force would run the security check on the employees that the contractor hired. They caught it. Yes, the employer would be a contractor, but depending on the type of contract, the government may have been the ones running the check on the employees being hired.
So the employer had no responsibility to ensure the employee had the right to work in the US before taking him on a military base? That's an interesting opinion but not one I think most people would agree with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Dead people? The one million not being told by the IRS that their SS numbers are being used are mostly likely not dead: IRS doesn't tell 1 million taxpayers that illegal immigrants stole their Social Security numbers - Washington Times
Ok then go argue with Breitbart and your own source the Washington Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
"Undocumented"? We have already established that they are "documents" they are illegally present and using stolen identities from American citizens, liars and thieves!
silly issue to try to start a fight over
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
If they have the magic "4" anchor babies, that brings in quite a bite cash and gets them in Section 8 housing, add to that theft which they don't have an issue committing, selling drugs, etc., so for someone without morals or good character, just being blocked from a job isn't going to be enough. SECURE THE BORDER.
Then call Trump and tell him to take a break from his weekend golfing adventures and write legislation for Congress to stop birthright citizenship, whining about it here doesn't do much good does it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Again, the man was probably not "undocumented", but an illegal alien using a stolen ID to get the job. So, you reported this and nothing was done? You did report it right?
Why are you inferring that I lied, or are you just in the mood to troll this morning?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Obama did so much harm during his 8 years when it came to illegal immigration (and everything else, of course): Illegal Immigration and Border Security | Solutions 2016: Expert Analysis, Powerful Messages, Winning Policies
Obama's not president anymore so get over it and start insisting that the orange pillsbury dough boy in the Whitehouse earn his pay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
The biggest draw was not employment, it was the possibility of amnesty which would have opened the entire array of public assistance to every single one of them!
It's about jobs it's always been about jobs when you say something like that it sounds like you are being an apologist for Trump and republican politicians who won't fight for e-verify
 
Old 05-14-2017, 11:34 AM
 
Location: Northwest Peninsula
2,622 posts, read 1,354,443 times
Reputation: 1378
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Do you really want to argue that an employer who hires undocumented employees and never gets in trouble for doing so suddenly has an epiphany and decides to hire only citizens?
To liberals/progressives/socialist that concept would be a novel idea.
 
Old 05-14-2017, 11:42 AM
 
Location: Northwest Peninsula
2,622 posts, read 1,354,443 times
Reputation: 1378
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
From the article:

ICE officials have placed both men in expedited deportation proceedings without a court hearing — known formally as “reinstatement” — because they each have old removal orders issued more than a decade ago after border agents caught them attempting to illegally cross the border. Neither of them has criminal records, according to their attorney.

-----------------------------------

Then one of the caught illegals had this to say:

“The first thing that came to my mind was why me?” Mejia said in Spanish during a phone interview with this news organization from the Rio Cosumnes Correctional Center in Elk Grove, where he is being held.

“I’ve been here for 17 years and my record is excellent. I’ve never done anything to anyone. My bills are paid on time, I have a clean record, we’ve never asked the government for help.”

-----------------------------------

"A clean record"? Is this illegal for real? He has a removal order that was issued over a decade ago.
Two things I find interesting about this is one: after 17 years he still doesn't speak English and two: if he has been here for 17 years how many children has he put thru school at taxpayers expense?
 
Old 05-14-2017, 11:47 AM
 
Location: la la land
27,229 posts, read 11,375,700 times
Reputation: 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
To liberals/progressives/socialist that concept would be a novel idea.
So what you seem to be saying is that to conservatives it's completely normal for an employer who hires illegals for years to suddenly decide against doing so without having ever gotten in trouble for it?
 
Old 05-14-2017, 11:48 AM
 
Location: Northwest Peninsula
2,622 posts, read 1,354,443 times
Reputation: 1378
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The social security numbers are usually from dead people. I am not sure what your point is in bringing Obama into the discussion but whatever floats your boat
Are these the same dead people who miraculously rise from the dead and show up at the polling stations to vote for democrats?
 
Old 05-14-2017, 11:48 AM
 
Location: la la land
27,229 posts, read 11,375,700 times
Reputation: 19290
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Two things I find interesting about this is one: after 17 years he still doesn't speak English and two: if he has been here for 17 years how many children has he put thru school at taxpayers expense?
The other thing I find interesting is that a licensed drywall contractor hired people without calling e-verify.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top