U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-08-2018, 10:51 AM
 
1,018 posts, read 387,792 times
Reputation: 1016

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Def a real good reason to end birthright unless at least 1 parent's a US citizen.
Given the illegal immigration crisis we are in we should require both parent to be born in America.

We are setting ourselves up for a future Government of Anchor babies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-10-2018, 03:15 PM
 
107 posts, read 106,469 times
Reputation: 49
Difficult task to penetrate the net.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2018, 03:00 PM
 
2,924 posts, read 1,717,298 times
Reputation: 1899
this has been happening all these years. magnified only because of the numbers of the Chinese but wealthy citizens of third world countries have been doing this for a long time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2018, 03:46 PM
 
Location: Earth
3,519 posts, read 2,537,786 times
Reputation: 2575
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Asian 'anchor babies': Wealthy Chinese come to Southern California to give birth - LA Times

I know for a fact that this is true. When I lived in Los Angeles, I taught ESL to a group of Korean mothers, who all entered legally on student visas and had children here, with the intent on having an anchor in the United States. Of the group of 8, all of them were on programs such as WIC and received housing vouchers, although they all had nice vehicles and designer handbags.

Only an insane society would allow this sort of abuse to go on without challenge, and only an insane segment would openly defend it as perfectly alright, as the left does.
China owns us now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2018, 07:15 AM
 
1,225 posts, read 362,919 times
Reputation: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
Given the illegal immigration crisis we are in we should require both parent to be born in America.

We are setting ourselves up for a future Government of Anchor babies.
I disagree. One parent should be enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2018, 07:53 AM
 
31,704 posts, read 14,622,494 times
Reputation: 8453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
I disagree. One parent should be enough.

IMO, the mother should be the qualifier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2018, 08:26 AM
 
Location: Florida & Cebu, Philippines
2,808 posts, read 2,242,580 times
Reputation: 2853
IMO one parent should be enough, many Americans marry foreigners, thus the children of those couples should be American citizens but two foreigners do not a citizen make, that needs to be fixed ASAP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2018, 08:57 AM
 
1,225 posts, read 362,919 times
Reputation: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
IMO, the mother should be the qualifier.
I suppose I donít see the difference either way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2018, 08:58 AM
 
1,225 posts, read 362,919 times
Reputation: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
IMO one parent should be enough, many Americans marry foreigners, thus the children of those couples should be American citizens but two foreigners do not a citizen make, that needs to be fixed ASAP.
Exactly. I see no reason why a manís children shouldnít be American citizens just because he married a foreigner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2018, 09:45 AM
 
31,704 posts, read 14,622,494 times
Reputation: 8453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
Exactly. I see no reason why a man’s children shouldn’t be American citizens just because he married a foreigner.
Unless he married an illegal alien mother or produced a child with one. It does make a difference, IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top