U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 01:03 PM

10,693 posts, read 3,738,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Good. Illegals need to be afraid. They should be terrified. So should the scum bags who support them. The days of illegals feeling empowered to openly protest our immigration laws need to be over. We as a nation have every right to enforce our laws.
The fear may work for a while. But as the actuality becomes clear it will fade. He may actually get some reduction in the illegal alien population in 2017...but come 2018 and the real numbers surfacing it goes away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 02:06 PM

32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
15k new BP and ICE agents. You bet your *** you'll see fewer crossing.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Tooth fairy stuff. BP and ICE struggle at present to hire enough to cover their losses. The 2017 plan has a 100 or so new hires. The 15K new would take many years and probably is not doable even if Congress puts enough money in the budget...which is unlikely to happen.

All you folk have going is fiction on fiction on fiction.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:28 PM

27,168 posts, read 11,338,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
They can't find qualified applicants now, the job doesn't pay crap and 90% of the work is boring and mundane. The most qualified LE candidates go to work for local or state police, not ICE.

An internal memo in February from Kevin McAleenan, acting director of Customs and Border Protection, revealed that Border Patrol was able to vet and hire only about 40 agents a month last year despite aggressive efforts to streamline the hiring process.

Reports this year that Customs and Border Patrol might stop using polygraph tests, intended to ferret out unqualified agents, drew a storm of criticism. So did the reason: Two out of three new applicants had failed the lie detector.

Trump wants to ramp up deportations, but ICE probably won

Old 05-19-2017, 06:56 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,414,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Tooth fairy stuff. BP and ICE struggle at present to hire enough to cover their losses. The 2017 plan has a 100 or so new hires. The 15K new would take many years and probably is not doable even if Congress puts enough money in the budget...which is unlikely to happen.

Fiction huh? And how many times did u tell urself Trump would never win? Its almost as if u keep saying it, hopefully it will be true. Ur literally living a nightmare and I'm personally loving every minute of it. ALL MUST GO!!!

Old 05-19-2017, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
Fiction huh? And how many times did u tell urself Trump would never win? Its almost as if u keep saying it, hopefully it will be true. Ur literally living a nightmare and I'm personally loving every minute of it. ALL MUST GO!!!
Find a post where I suggested Trump could not win. I would certainly have said it unlikely. I had enough faith that the US would not elect an idiot to believe Trump would lose. But no I never reached the conclusion he could not win...merely that it was improbable.

And of course Trump is proven as inept at immigration as he is at everything else. You poor folks just don't seem to be able to perceive reality.

If we really decided to and really went out to recruit and spend the money in 15 years or so we could likely remove most, though not all, of the illegal aliens. But we have no intention of doing that.

That is why you guys are fiction on fiction on fiction. You actually have nothing but hope...built on fiction.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:12 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Quote:
Find a post where I suggested Trump could not win. I would certainly have said it unlikely. I had enough faith that the US would not elect an idiot to believe Trump would lose. But no I never reached the conclusion he could not win...merely that it was improbable.

And of course Trump is proven as inept at immigration as he is at everything else. You poor folks just don't seem to be able to perceive reality.

If we really decided to and really went out to recruit and spend the money in 15 years or so we could likely remove most, though not all, of the illegal aliens. But we have no intention of doing that.

That is why you guys are fiction on fiction on fiction. You actually have nothing but hope...built on fiction.
That goes BOTH ways there:

Many illegal aliens THOUGHT they were gonna get their amnesty after 8 years of Obama. He played their kind. Period.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:16 PM

9,693 posts, read 5,272,723 times
Sure, unlawful presence isn't generally a crime (of course, it generally becomes a crime if you're unlawfully present after being deported). But illegal entry is a crime. Always. While many in this country didn't enter unlawfully, a great many did do so.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
They can't find qualified applicants now, the job doesn't pay crap and 90% of the work is boring and mundane. The most qualified LE candidates go to work for local or state police, not ICE.

An internal memo in February from Kevin McAleenan, acting director of Customs and Border Protection, revealed that Border Patrol was able to vet and hire only about 40 agents a month last year despite aggressive efforts to streamline the hiring process.

Reports this year that Customs and Border Patrol might stop using polygraph tests, intended to ferret out unqualified agents, drew a storm of criticism. So did the reason: Two out of three new applicants had failed the lie detector.

Trump wants to ramp up deportations, but ICE probably won

I bet that was a real blow to some egos after 911 huh? When BP became front and center over local LE.

Old 05-19-2017, 08:27 PM

Quote:

I smile as the deportations still occur. Ba bye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or