U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 10:10 PM

11,497 posts, read 5,511,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletwin View Post
Undocumented is actually more accurate, definitely not alien since many are worthy of being here and alive.
No. The proper term is "illegal alien".

Many illegals, in fact, do have "documents". Some have passports from their own countries. Others carry around fake or stolen IDs.

Not only is the term "undocumented immigrant" incorrect, but it is nothing more than a euphemism for "illegal alien".

You never did answer the question --- How many illegal aliens have you taken into your home and are feeding, clothing, sheltering and paying for their medical care?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2017, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
Well, I'm not liberal. However, I do support legalizing illegals so that they can pay their fair share of taxes to help cover the social costs they incur. I do not support people mooching off the social safety net, whether they are legal or illegal.

Being pro-immigrant and calling for social responsibility/good citizenship from illegals isn't mutually exclusive. I'm not a simp and I've acknowledged that the current situation is untenable. Hence, we should legalize those who have already settled here for awhile and pair that action with new immigration laws and strong enforcement of them.

NO, we will and should NOT send home a majority of illegals.
There is a big difference between being "pro immigrant" and "pro illegal alien".

"Good citizenship from illegals"? There is no such thing.

Why should we legalize any of them? Doing so is a slap in the face to legal immigrants.

BTW, even if your dream came true and they all got amnesty, they will be working unskilled jobs which means that they won't be paying any taxes. So much for adding to the coffers.

Once again, we tried amnesty in 1986 and it was a total disaster. Democrats promised that it would be the one and only amnesty to ever happen (There have since been several stealth amnesties). Democrats promised that no illegals will ever be able to work (We currently have 8 million no-match SSNs in the work force). Democrats promised that the border would be secured (Every single day, illegals sneak across the border or overstay visas).

Why would anyone want to repeat this disaster again? Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

It's a mystery to me why there are those, despite the 1986 amnesty being a total disaster, want to repeat it again.

We don't need any illegals here. They are parasites who take far, far more than they give.

So...how many illegals have you taken into your home and are feeding, clothing, sheltering and paying for their medical care?

Old 05-22-2017, 10:39 PM

5,971 posts, read 2,791,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
Well, I'm not liberal. However, I do support legalizing illegals so that they can pay their fair share of taxes to help cover the social costs they incur. I do not support people mooching off the social safety net, whether they are legal or illegal.

Being pro-immigrant and calling for social responsibility/good citizenship from illegals isn't mutually exclusive. I'm not a simp and I've acknowledged that the current situation is untenable. Hence, we should legalize those who have already settled here for awhile and pair that action with new immigration laws and strong enforcement of them.

NO, we will and should NOT send home a majority of illegals.
You can't just legalize 20 million people and think all the problems go away....

Welfare
Crime
Unemployment

The list goes on

Old 05-22-2017, 10:57 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
Undocumented is actually more accurate, definitely not alien since many are worthy of being here and alive.
Illegal Alien
Also known as an "Undocumented Alien," is an alien who has entered the United States illegally and is deportable if apprehended, or an alien who entered the United States legally but who has fallen "out of status" and is deportable.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/inte...volving-aliens

I agree with the IRS ^^^

Old 05-23-2017, 12:27 AM

5,971 posts, read 2,791,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Illegal Alien
Also known as an "Undocumented Alien," is an alien who has entered the United States illegally and is deportable if apprehended, or an alien who entered the United States legally but who has fallen "out of status" and is deportable.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/inte...volving-aliens

I agree with the IRS ^^^
This

Old 05-23-2017, 03:19 AM

6,730 posts, read 1,899,090 times
Quote:
If they are worthy why don't they go back to nation of origin and apply to enter legally?
You of course failed to mention how many you would sponsor and take into your home. I am guessing 0.
As for your earlier post. What makes you think they would pay their fair share? Most of the illegals you mentioned would be low income and burden upon our society.

Old 05-23-2017, 07:13 AM

704 posts, read 228,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
There is a big difference between being "pro immigrant" and "pro illegal alien".

"Good citizenship from illegals"? There is no such thing.

Why should we legalize any of them? Doing so is a slap in the face to legal immigrants.

BTW, even if your dream came true and they all got amnesty, they will be working unskilled jobs which means that they won't be paying any taxes. So much for adding to the coffers.

Once again, we tried amnesty in 1986 and it was a total disaster. Democrats promised that it would be the one and only amnesty to ever happen (There have since been several stealth amnesties). Democrats promised that no illegals will ever be able to work (We currently have 8 million no-match SSNs in the work force). Democrats promised that the border would be secured (Every single day, illegals sneak across the border or overstay visas).

Why would anyone want to repeat this disaster again? Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

It's a mystery to me why there are those, despite the 1986 amnesty being a total disaster, want to repeat it again.

We don't need any illegals here. They are parasites who take far, far more than they give.

So...how many illegals have you taken into your home and are feeding, clothing, sheltering and paying for their medical care?
Wait, I thought you were talking about liberals, not Democrats? They're not the same, you do know this, right?

Old 05-23-2017, 07:18 AM

704 posts, read 228,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
No. The proper term is "illegal alien".

Many illegals, in fact, do have "documents". Some have passports from their own countries. Others carry around fake or stolen IDs.

Not only is the term "undocumented immigrant" incorrect, but it is nothing more than a euphemism for "illegal alien".

You never did answer the question --- How many illegal aliens have you taken into your home and are feeding, clothing, sheltering and paying for their medical care?
It isn't necessary to answer an inquiry about undocumented or illegal immigrants, that would cause entrapment were an honest answer be given. Nothing is really anonymous on the internet. As an aside, when people do something wrong, they cover it up with a lie so a fake ID is part of the lie. That in and of itself is not the problem, obviously. Anyway, this is why Professionals and Detectives interrogate with certain methodologies. And why parents, teachers, spouses, etc.. shouldn't dwell on the lie but instead why the person did what they did.

Old 05-23-2017, 07:42 AM

9,801 posts, read 7,111,943 times
This is the Liberal dilemna. THEY tell us what WE need to do but when it comes down to it they are hypocrites.

A similar theme was recently seen in my state when marijuana was made legal. The Libs all patted themselves on the backs for being so open minded but now we are seeing the towns enact laws and zoning ordinances that would essentially ban a pot shop from opening.

Pot shops and housing/ support for illegal aliens falls under the "Not in my backyard" (but OK in yours) mentality of the Left.

Old 05-23-2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Wait, I thought you were talking about liberals, not Democrats? They're not the same, you do know this, right?

Quote:
It isn't necessary to answer an inquiry about undocumented or illegal immigrants, that would cause entrapment were an honest answer be given. Nothing is really anonymous on the internet. As an aside, when people do something wrong, they cover it up with a lie so a fake ID is part of the lie. That in and of itself is not the problem, obviously. Anyway, this is why Professionals and Detectives interrogate with certain methodologies. And why parents, teachers, spouses, etc.. shouldn't dwell on the lie but instead why the person did what they did.
Just giving you some history about the 1986 amnesty. Were you even born yet at the time?

Ummm....If liberals associate with a political party, they sure aren't going to join the RNC.

Nice deflection when asked how many illegals you have taken into your home./sarcasm.

All you had to do is to admit that the number is zero.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or