U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 01:15 PM

2,808 posts, read 2,251,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
Well, I'm not liberal. However, I do support legalizing illegals so that they can pay their fair share of taxes to help cover the social costs they incur. I do not support people mooching off the social safety net, whether they are legal or illegal.

Being pro-immigrant and calling for social responsibility/good citizenship from illegals isn't mutually exclusive. I'm not a simp and I've acknowledged that the current situation is untenable. Hence, we should legalize those who have already settled here for awhile and pair that action with new immigration laws and strong enforcement of them.

NO, we will and should NOT send home a majority of illegals.
I beg to differ, we now have a leader with a backbone, hopefully he will deport every last one of them.

Regain legalized 3 million, look what it got us, a bunch more, this time many many many times more at 20 million or more. Give an inch and they want a mile.

Let me put it this way, if there was no punishment for walking into a store or bank and robbing it, how many more robberies a day do you suspect there would be, well this is sort of the same, they were not punished under Reagan and instead rewarded with citizenship and now we have the mess we now have but quite possibly 10 times worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2017, 01:46 PM

9,921 posts, read 7,182,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
I beg to differ, we now have a leader with a backbone, hopefully he will deport every last one of them.

Regain legalized 3 million, look what it got us, a bunch more, this time many many many times more at 20 million or more. Give an inch and they want a mile.

Let me put it this way, if there was no punishment for walking into a store or bank and robbing it, how many more robberies a day do you suspect there would be, well this is sort of the same, they were not punished under Reagan and instead rewarded with citizenship and now we have the mess we now have but quite possibly 10 times worse.

Yes Trump has a backbone but not much support. For some reason the Dems love their illegal aliens.

Illegal immigration is just like anything else in that if you let it happen people will take advantage of it.
The last 8 years gave us a President that practically came out and said it was Ok to sneak into America or over stay your Visa. Hillary would have allowed this to continue with the only requirement being for them to Vote often and Vote Democrat.

It is insanity to think that America could somehow be better off with millions of people who take from the system but give very little back to it and when caught in a crime they are treated differently than you and I would be.
Case in point the "legal" immigrant that recently murdered the 2 doctors in Boston in a botched robbery. He had been arrested for robbing 2 banks and the liberal judge gave him a sentence of 364 days. If he had given him one more day he would have been deported on his release. If you and I robbed a bank we would certainly go away for more than one day shy of a year.

The illegals need to pack up, go home and get to the end of the line if they want to come back. Why should they be able to skip over those who have followed the laws to be here legally?

Old 05-23-2017, 02:56 PM

5,794 posts, read 3,114,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Yes Trump has a backbone but not much support. For some reason the Dems love their illegal aliens.
It would appear they do, but expect others to pay their bills. Haven't seen one poster yet who has stood up and said yes, I have one living in my house and I support him, as those here illegally aren't supposed to be employed (with the exception of those with DACA status.)

Old 05-23-2017, 03:39 PM

23,627 posts, read 31,286,646 times
I'm irritatingly hard to classify for people who are politically orthodox, but I consider myself mostly liberal.

On this issue, however, I am not.

Round 'em up and throw 'em out.

Old 05-23-2017, 04:09 PM

25,237 posts, read 13,363,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
Just wondering, how many of you who post that you want illegals to stay, would be willing to fund their healthcare, the schooling for the children, their welfare, their housing, etc. on your own dime instead of the taxpayers and yes I know you pay taxes too but why should the rest of us have our tax dollars go to pay for something only liberals seem to want?
If you make them Legally here then they pay taxes which covers those that need assistance. There are ways to deal with that make Walls unnecessary, and allows us to know who is here and where they are, the current method does none of that. The issue is we have politicians that either cannot think outside the box (most are not really all that smart) or we have ones that only stick with whatever the Party lines in at the moment (lack of a backbone). So what we will get is more of the same old same and no actual resolutions to the issue. As for the money going to something you do not want, too bad, almost everyone has their tax dollars spent on stuff that they do not want it spent on, that is how government works when the People do not hold their Reps accountable, Enjoy.

Old 05-23-2017, 04:10 PM

25,237 posts, read 13,363,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I'm irritatingly hard to classify for people who are politically orthodox, but I consider myself mostly liberal.

On this issue, however, I am not.

Round 'em up and throw 'em out.
Nearly impossible, not gonna happen according to Congress, and how has that method worked out over the last 60 or so years, are you expecting different results, really?

Old 05-23-2017, 04:15 PM

704 posts, read 232,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Just giving you some history about the 1986 amnesty. Were you even born yet at the time?

Ummm....If liberals associate with a political party, they sure aren't going to join the RNC.

Nice deflection when asked how many illegals you have taken into your home./sarcasm.

All you had to do is to admit that the number is zero.
Actually, I thought maybe you were born after 1986, since you were using the terms interchangeably - any traditional Republican knows our party has people that think liberally (legalized prostitution in Utah as an example). There's conservative thinkers in the Democratic Party, as well. And how do we know, you aren't part of ICE?

Old 05-23-2017, 04:31 PM

11,582 posts, read 5,559,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletwin View Post
Actually, I thought maybe you were born after 1986, since you were using the terms interchangeably - any traditional Republican knows our party has people that think liberally (legalized prostitution in Utah as an example). There's conservative thinkers in the Democratic Party, as well. And how do we know, you aren't part of ICE?
Nope.

I will say this---At one time democrats truly looked out for the poor, working and middle classes. Those democrats of yore would have been horrified to discover that their constituents were either seeing their wages depressed or were being displaced in the workforce all due to illegals. And those dems would have done something about it---and I don't mean amnesty either.

Today's dems put illegals ahead of all the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed Americans. I was once a staunch democrat but when I saw how they were treating suffering Americans, they lost me. And, no, I'm not a member of the RNC. Neither party is looking out for Americans but at one time people could count on the dems to do so.

So...were you born after 1986?

And, by your non-answer and deflections are we all to agree that you haven't taken any illegals into your home?

Old 05-23-2017, 05:01 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,342,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletwin View Post
I've got friends in LE and a few in ICE, too.

Old 05-23-2017, 05:26 PM

5,794 posts, read 3,114,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
If you make them Legally here ....
There is already a process to be legally here. Millions of illegals have elected not to follow it.

Why do we have an obligation to those who don't care to obey our laws?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or