U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 05:51 AM

1,871 posts, read 2,423,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieinDallas View Post
Same! In fact I'd say I'm very liberal on most other issues.

I supported Trump because my main issue is immigration, but I've been disappointed, especially on his weakness regarding the "dreamers". IMO the law is the law and all of them should be deported.
I wouldn't sweat it for now. Plenty of illegals here to deport who have commited criminal acts or will at some point commit a DUI, ect...b/c it seems at the very least, the ones coming from south of the border can't seem to stay out of their own way. Also, knowing Trump, he's probably saving DACA and the Haitian 6 month stay thing as his own Trump card down the road when he's ready to ask for border wall funding in the next spending bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Why do you think most illegals come here? Maybe you had not noticed but the vast majority of them are hard working people, underpaid yes, but hard working just the same. Put the Koolaide down.
I'll give you some are hard working, but there's another side to this

1) Why not be hard working in your own country? These countries they flee tend to have Doctors, lawyers, teachers, police, business owners, ect. Like Trump said we often get the worst...the poorly educated and unskilled and we have plenty of our own to deal with

2)Many also come here b/c of our generous entitlement system which already gets' abused by many Americans. Woman come here and start unleashing babies at will. Legal or not, I believe that additional food assistance is allotted for up to 7 kids which is crazy. Not to mention the drain on our health industry which rarely gets paid from illegals and citizens end up eating the bill.

3) Its not incumbent of rich countries to take care of all of the poorer ones. America was poor at one point too. These countries have no interest in getting it together. Easy example, California was once Mexico. Now today, look at the difference between San Diego and Tijuana
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017, 07:59 PM

2,509 posts, read 3,741,916 times
My thoughts exactly. Trump as a whole seriously makes me cringe. With the exception of his enforcement of the immigration laws. People support an endless parade of people sneaking into the country based on some lofty ideals and straw man arguments about America being built on immigration. So much so that the distinction between legal and illgeal immigration is being constantly muddied. Lets see how many of these people will let random foreigners come bunk with them.

Old 05-27-2017, 02:00 AM

1,017 posts, read 556,126 times
Tsk, tsk, six pages so far and not one person volunteered to take in illegal aliens, instead preferring to harp on the same-old, same-old. It's so tiring.

They must think they are going to change our minds with cooked up statistics and nonsensical arguments. Tain't gonna work.

Old 05-28-2017, 09:28 PM

2,126 posts, read 472,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletwin View Post
Undocumented is actually more accurate, definitely not alien since many are worthy of being here and alive.
Illegal alien IS the correct term. It's what's used in the justice system. Anyone who is not a citizen of the United States is an alien. Anyone who enters without permission is an Illegal alien. Upon what evidence do you base your claim?

Old 05-30-2017, 07:06 PM

704 posts, read 231,035 times
Yawn - this is a baiting thread, no one in their right mind will say they're helping another person who is being persecuted.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:24 PM

11,571 posts, read 5,541,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletwin View Post
Yawn - this is a baiting thread, no one in their right mind will say they're helping another person who is being persecuted.
Why not?

There have been plenty of people in NY and CA who have spoken out and said that they are planning on sheltering illegals from deportation. They've had their names and photos in the MSM. Some have even prepared bedrooms for them.

So...how many illegals are you housing in your own home? This forum is anonymous.

ETA: And just how are illegals being "persecuted"?

Old 05-30-2017, 10:26 PM

60,581 posts, read 30,753,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
Just wondering, how many of you who post that you want illegals to stay, would be willing to fund their healthcare, the schooling for the children, their welfare, their housing, etc. on your own dime instead of the taxpayers and yes I know you pay taxes too but why should the rest of us have our tax dollars go to pay for something only liberals seem to want?

Better yet....

We should put up tents in these Democrats backyards and force them to pay for the illegal alien and Muslim refugees, existence.

Their tune would change so fast.

Old 05-31-2017, 03:45 AM

33,970 posts, read 32,438,670 times
Every illegal who has registered to vote should be deported. Since they now know the names of the ones in Virginia that did it, ICE can start there.

Old 05-31-2017, 05:08 AM

2,808 posts, read 2,244,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Every illegal who has registered to vote should be deported. Since they now know the names of the ones in Virginia that did it, ICE can start there.
Great idea except first they need to serve some jail time for voting, if they voted. Actually I will do you one better, every illegal should be deported asap but I feel they should be given a period of time to self deport and if they do and if they have committed no crimes while in the U.S. then they should be able to apply to come back in legally once they pay the fines and fees.

Old 05-31-2017, 07:25 AM

1,225 posts, read 363,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
Great idea except first they need to serve some jail time for voting, if they voted. Actually I will do you one better, every illegal should be deported asap but I feel they should be given a period of time to self deport and if they do and if they have committed no crimes while in the U.S. then they should be able to apply to come back in legally once they pay the fines and fees.
Well, they'd likely have a 5-10 year ban first
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or