Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 11:54 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Sounds good until you consider that they would be paying far more in taxes if they were here legally under a better program than we have today, then your numbers go to hell in a hand basket.
I have never seen any real proof of this ..... they couldn't even be bothered to comply with our laws, but they will suddenly become highly productive citizens?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2017, 01:40 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletwin View Post
Myself, I like being surrounded by healthy, educated people and this includes illegal immigrants and rednecks, so I help both out, without judgment. Where I live, we need the immigrants for crop harvesting and the rednecks for jobs where they stay busy so they don't cause drama and families of half-siblings. This is actually more conservative than liberal though.
I like being surrounded by law-abiding legal immigrants and citizens. Seriously, crop harvesting? You are talking about 4% that work in agriculture and there are temp visas for as many as a farmer/company want to bring in. I would suggest you need to look deeper into the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
"Immigrants" or illegal aliens?

Only sleazy farmers use cheap, exploitable, illegal labor. Honest farmers use the guest worker visa program.

By helping out illegals, does that mean you've moved some into your home and are feeding, clothing, sheltering and paying for their medical care?
Well, when it comes to moving them into their homes, the slum lords here love to move them into their rental homes, no one else would live there for what they charge. I know that isn't what you are asking, but it is the reality. Those that exploit the illegal aliens will squeal the loudest!

Quote:
Undocumented is actually more accurate, definitely not alien since many are worthy of being here and alive.
People that steal and cheat the system are worthy of the deportation when it comes to immigration law. We just want to fulfill the promise!

Quote:
It isn't necessary to answer an inquiry about undocumented or illegal immigrants, that would cause entrapment were an honest answer be given. Nothing is really anonymous on the internet. As an aside, when people do something wrong, they cover it up with a lie so a fake ID is part of the lie. That in and of itself is not the problem, obviously. Anyway, this is why Professionals and Detectives interrogate with certain methodologies. And why parents, teachers, spouses, etc.. shouldn't dwell on the lie but instead why the person did what they did.
No ID fraud is a problem. Illegal, but Not Undocumented | Center for Immigration Studies Seriously, you didn't know that identity theft was a problem. My parents dwelled on a lie and per the law in our house against that, we, my brother and I, suffered the consequences of those lies. It is called FRAUD. We aren't talking about Johnny saying the dog ate his homework, we are talking about a crime and generally with illegal aliens additional crime.

Quote:
If you make them Legally here then they pay taxes which covers those that need assistance. There are ways to deal with that make Walls unnecessary, and allows us to know who is here and where they are, the current method does none of that. The issue is we have politicians that either cannot think outside the box (most are not really all that smart) or we have ones that only stick with whatever the Party lines in at the moment (lack of a backbone). So what we will get is more of the same old same and no actual resolutions to the issue. As for the money going to something you do not want, too bad, almost everyone has their tax dollars spent on stuff that they do not want it spent on, that is how government works when the People do not hold their Reps accountable, Enjoy.
OK, we have a lot of poor, some in MUCH WORSE circumstances than those that come in and rape our public assistance coffers, so why let this particular bunch of criminals get over while denying others? Nope!

The Wall is necessary because with amnesty, more will come in illegally, thus the Wall and kicking those out that are here. You come in, we grab you and your butt gets loaded on the bus and out of the country! That sends a message.

We actually know where MANY of them are. It is matter of chipping away removing them. We have rosters of illegal aliens at our fingertips. Some of the smart ones here have already headed out.

We want money to go to illegal aliens, whatever it takes to get the job done. For everyone we deport, we will be paid back tenfold over time. I'll willing contribute to fund deportations and securing the border.

Quote:
Nearly impossible, not gonna happen according to Congress, and how has that method worked out over the last 60 or so years, are you expecting different results, really?
Actually yes. Trump brought what so many of us have been demanding for so long forward into the light. It is already changing. If you are in Dallas, you can't expect to see the results, isn't that a haven or something for illegals?

Quote:
Actually, I thought maybe you were born after 1986, since you were using the terms interchangeably - any traditional Republican knows our party has people that think liberally (legalized prostitution in Utah as an example). There's conservative thinkers in the Democratic Party, as well. And how do we know, you aren't part of ICE?
Legalizing prostitution has nothing in common with illegal aliens UNLESS they are importing illegal aliens for prostitution.

OK, did a little google and, it appears I may have called that one right: Utah massage parlors raided in human trafficking, prostitution crackdown | fox13now.com

I think if more people realized how these illegal aliens were being exploited, they would realize that "compassion" has nothing to do with the discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I've got friends in LE and a few in ICE, too.
I would consider them all my friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
From what I've read of studies, illegal aliens actually pay more into the system than they take out of it.
No, they don't. Most file taxes to get the child tax credits for their anchors, this year, not so much afraid they'll be apprehended: About 6.1 Million Illegals Filed Taxes in US

And, it doesn't matter how much they pay. We could release the 1 million non-violent criminals from our prisons and it would save us a bundle and make them taxpayers rather than being supported by the rest of the taxpayers. We don't want to reward criminal behavior or those that ignore our laws.

Quote:
The process has major flaws, fix them and you remove much of the problem, oh but that would not be toeing the Party Line.
We are going to remove them, a few at a time! The major flaw, non-enforcement, has been taken care of now.

Quote:
Sounds good until you consider that they would be paying far more in taxes if they were here legally under a better program than we have today, then your numbers go to hell in a hand basket.
Again, let our 1 million non-violent prisoners out of prison and they'll be paying taxes rather than living off of the taxpayer, but we do not reward people who break our laws.

They have broken the law and you want to reward them. No. Just no. Can you give me another example of people that break laws and are rewarded for doing it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I have never seen any real proof of this ..... they couldn't even be bothered to comply with our laws, but they will suddenly become highly productive citizens?
It would open an array of public assistance benefits to them. All jobs have seen mechanization and there are not jobs for them anymore, so they have anchor babies to get them by now, the magic "4" babies for us to support and we pay for the births.

And, again, it doesn't matter. We have laws to take care of the problem and are now going to enforce them. Not a big deal, we enforce laws against our own citizens all the time!

Old 05-24-2017, 11:01 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
Well, I'm not liberal. However, I do support legalizing illegals so that they can pay their fair share of taxes to help cover the social costs they incur. I do not support people mooching off the social safety net, whether they are legal or illegal.

Being pro-immigrant and calling for social responsibility/good citizenship from illegals isn't mutually exclusive. I'm not a simp and I've acknowledged that the current situation is untenable. Hence, we should legalize those who have already settled here for awhile and pair that action with new immigration laws and strong enforcement of them.

NO, we will and should NOT send home a majority of illegals.
Your idea has a lot of holes in it.

For example are you saying that someone who arrived 6 months ago illegally should be given the same leeway as someone who got here 20 years ago? You said "awhile", well what is awhile?

Ireland now has a policy in place where both parents have to be Irish citizens for at least two years otherwise their child isn't an Irish citizen. Why did they do this? Because they were taking in Nigerian refugees and they were dropping babies in Ireland to beat the band.

You know, like they do here in the US, have the kid on US soil and it's an American.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:27 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Why do you think most illegals come here? Maybe you had not noticed but the vast majority of them are hard working people, underpaid yes, but hard working just the same. Put the Koolaide down.

Old 05-25-2017, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Why do you think most illegals come here? Maybe you had not noticed but the vast majority of them are hard working people, underpaid yes, but hard working just the same. Put the Koolaide down.
I'm betting that those hard-working folks could have followed our laws (being so hard-working and all) but elected not to. Don't we produce enough law-breakers already?

Old 05-25-2017, 10:46 AM

2,414 posts, read 3,487,046 times
Quote:
They may be hardworking but they and their children require massive public assistance. Several people have already posted links breaking down the costs we spend on illegal aliens and their anchor babies each year. That's the whole point of this thread. So the question remains. As an illegal immigration supporter, how many are you personally willing to support and take in?

Old 05-25-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieinDallas View Post
They may be hardworking but they and their children require massive public assistance. Several people have already posted links breaking down the costs we spend on illegal aliens and their anchor babies each year. That's the whole point of this thread. So the question remains. As an illegal immigration supporter, how many are you personally willing to support and take in?
He'll be providing stuff like healthcare and housing, correct?

Old 05-25-2017, 09:42 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Wanting better updated immigration laws is not the same as approving of illegal entry. Some just can't seem to get it and really do not want to.

Old 05-25-2017, 10:35 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
Just wondering, how many of you who post that you want illegals to stay, would be willing to fund their healthcare, the schooling for the children, their welfare, their housing, etc. on your own dime instead of the taxpayers and yes I know you pay taxes too but why should the rest of us have our tax dollars go to pay for something only liberals seem to want?
Are you a christian. If you are then you wouldn't have to ask. We always help. It seems atheists are more willing to help then those who proclaim to be christian. How bizarre is that.

Old 05-26-2017, 04:50 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,254,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Are you a christian. If you are then you wouldn't have to ask. We always help. It seems atheists are more willing to help then those who proclaim to be christian. How bizarre is that.
I do not think you should bring religion into this discussion since it has nothing at all to do with it but I will be nice enough to answer your question, NO, one does not have to be Christian to always help others, I help many others, just not illegals, I would never help anyone who has broken the law, that would make me an accessory after the fact.

I am still waiting to see some of you libs say how much you donate to illegals and how many you have taken into your home, so far I have seen none of you say you will pay out of YOUR pocket instead of out of OUR tax dollars, heck, I bet many libs do not even pay taxes, thus it is much easier for them to spend our tax money. Libs always seem to have their hands in other peoples pockets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration