Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 03:35 PM

860 posts, read 1,337,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
1) An immigrant in general is seeking a better way of life
2) No-a big sign of disregard/ignorance on the illegal immigrant's part, they are unknowingly allowing bad apples (illegals that come to exploit) come in with the the good illegal immigrants
3) No-needs to be a screened process...who wants murderers, rapists, drug dealers and the likes to have a free ride.
4) Register their idenity first and foremost.
5) Yes and no-there are good illegals and there are bad illegals...let's keep the bad out and let's register and legalize the good illegals.
6)Phoenix-lived on the west side...you'd have to see it for yourself.
7)No-just cut off government assistance and businesses who hire/shelter illegals-then the illegal would find out how expensive it is to live here and give up and go back to Mexico or register to become an American citizen.
8)Registering should/would qualify for illegals to stay and work in America.
In my opinion, there are no good illegals. I'm curious as to how you define a "good" illegal, as that seems anathema to me. Just a friendly question, not trying to start an argument. I've just never heard your opinion before.

Last edited by Kiru; 12-05-2006 at 03:41 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2006, 04:00 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,481,893 times
I usually don't partake in politics.. (not my forte') because 99 percent of politics is vain!

There are some good hardworking honest people from Mexico coming here wanting to have a better life.(on my experiences and perception from Phoenix) Why some of those folks do not register is beyond me. (i think this should be the question to ponder over) The rest that don't register for the most part would never be able to gain citizenship if they did go through the process-convictions and a myraid of other things.

Old 12-08-2006, 07:36 PM

1,408 posts, read 5,096,422 times
- Could you tell me about your impression of immigrants? Legal immigrants have gone through all the right avenues and deserve our admiration and respect! Illegal immigrants should be deported.
2- Do you think that the president should allow illegal immigrants to stay in America? Yes or no or it doesn't matter. NO
3-should illegal immigrants be legalized by the American government? NO
Yes or no or it doesn't matter
4-What kinds of laws should illegal immigrants follow to stay? The laws of their own country while they are preparing to come here legally. Then follow the US laws to stay.
5- Do you think that illegal immigrants have bad influence on Americans and why? Well, yes. The cost is astronomical, overloading the welfare system, the medical system, the school systems, and take jobs that should be available for citizens. (And I don't buy that stuff about Americans won't do that kind of labor -- that's baloney because there are lots of construction workers out of a job because these people work for much less than an everyday American needs to survive and support a family. And employers should be heavily fined with potential loss of business license for hiring illegals.)
6- Which city in America has the most illegal immigrants and why? Probably LA -- because they border Mexico? And the city is so large they can get lost in the crowd. And employers keep hiring them.
7-should America build a wall between the U.S. and Mexico? I'm not sure walls or fences will stop the flow so it may just be another waste of tax dollars. More guards might work better.
8- what should qualify illegal immigrants to stay and work in America? Nothing. They should be deported.

Old 12-08-2006, 10:27 PM

922 posts, read 1,908,973 times
Default ahmed

After 12 responses I think you got your answer. seems we are all on the same page. illegals, GO HOME! now to let the goverment get the picture.

Old 12-09-2006, 02:43 PM

603 posts, read 1,995,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed View Post
Please I need you help.
Could you guys answer these questions?
1- Could you tell me about your impression of immigrants?
2- Do you think that the president should allow illegal immigrants to stay in America? Yes or no or it doesn't matter.
3-should illegal immigrants be legalized by the American government?
4-What kinds of laws should illegal immigrants follow to stay?
5- Do you think that illegal immigrants have bad influence on Americans and why?
6- Which city in America has the most illegal immigrants and why?
7-should America build a wall between the U.S. and Mexico?
8- what should qualify illegal immigrants to stay and work in America?
1. Fine, if they learn English and assimilate to our culture.
2. No, but mass deportation won't work either. It's a big cluster F__
3. No, they can go back and come through the appropriate legal channels to become citizens
4. See number 3
5. Yes, they are not assimilating in our society. They are often uneducated and bring crime, drugs, get welfare, and destroy healthcare in thousands of communities in America. I've seen it firsthand.
6. LA. It's the biggest city in the southwest, so many gravitate their for jobs and to be with others like them.
7. Yes, nuff said.
8. That they can speak English, have no criminal record and are legal citizens. Oh, wait I guess that doesn't make sense...lol.

Old 12-09-2006, 11:16 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,475,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed View Post
Please I need you help.
Could you guys answer these questions?
1- Could you tell me about your impression of immigrants?
2- Do you think that the president should allow illegal immigrants to stay in America? Yes or no or it doesn't matter.
3-should illegal immigrants be legalized by the American government?
4-What kinds of laws should illegal immigrants follow to stay?
5- Do you think that illegal immigrants have bad influence on Americans and why?
6- Which city in America has the most illegal immigrants and why?
7-should America build a wall between the U.S. and Mexico?
8- what should qualify illegal immigrants to stay and work in America?
they don't deserve to be here. (2)NO F___ WAY (3)See #2 (4)Go home and let the door hit you obn your way out. (5) Yes, they leach off our sysytem and wave thier country flags around like its better than us but wiat they are here. then they no speak english. I had 1 work for me 1 time spoke english in the interview even had a green card. As soon as he started he was bragging to the legals I had working that his green card was bought. then all of a sudden he noe speak english, he must of forgot over night. He never got his last weeks pay though. Seems INS actually did it's job. and he got deported. (6) L.A. size matters. (7) NO IT SHOULD BE A MINE FIELD AND A FENCE. (8) if they do 20 years on a old fashoned chain gang, with the old shirfs that whip them when they speak anything but english.

Old 02-20-2007, 07:53 AM

13 posts, read 35,625 times
1. I am a LEGAL immigrant. My impressions of legal immigrants are, quite naturally, very favorable. Legal immigrants have come to the US to improve their quality of life and secure the blessings of liberty for themselves and their posterity. They are generally hardworking and play by the rules. They want to assimilate, learn the language and become citizens. They instill the value of a good education and a good work ethic in their children.

-----------------------

This is such a good point, well done.
It is so hard to get into the USA, especially if you cannot participate in the Green Card Lottery. Those who are legal immigrants (which i hope to be in around 5 years time, once i am fully qualified and everything) have worked to be welcomed into your country. I think legal immigrants should be treated with the respect you give fellow Americans, legal immigrants want to be accepted by you and obviously love your country.

Illegal Immigrants however, like you said, have not been prepared to wait their turn in line. Legal immigrants work hard to be accepted into the USA whereas Illegal immigrants can't be bothered with the hard work and would rather just do their own thing, when and how it suits them.
There are, however, serious cases where people are afraid for their lives and have not been able to get a visa. Some people are so terrified to stay in their own country and have been refused visas that they can't stay somewhere they know they are not safe. This is the ONLY reason i think somebody has a right to be an illegal immigrant. Well, not really a right.. but a reason.

I am english and am prepared to work hard to be accepted into America. If I have a dream, I will fufill that dream, and my dream is America. I love America and I don't like England. It is extremely hard for the English to get visas and whatnot but I am not prepared to become an illegal immigrant and be scared wherever I go. If you don't beleive me.. watch me. In five years time, I'll be there. I'll be getting off the plane, landing in California and I will make my dream happen. =] I think that is the right way to be respected and accepted into America, not disrespectfully entering a country you have no right to enter into.

Jessica Ann xx

Old 04-14-2008, 01:24 PM

440 posts, read 329,374 times
Nice try, Exeodus but you are NOT being truthful in the least in terms of your claim of "immigrant" bashing. There you and your friend go blurring the lines despite the multitude of posts that specify that Americans are against ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS and ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION, no matter where the criminals come from. Illegal is illegal.

The fact that the majority of illegal aliens migrate from Mexico and commit a substantial amount of the rapes, murders, robberies, gang violence, drunk driving deaths while procreating and producting the majority of the anchor babies, and usurping as much welfare and other freebies that our govt. allows, should not be blamed on those of us who post evidence of these facts. You can't blame the messenger for the actions of the perpetrators and the fact that the majority of them are Mexican Nationals. Maybe Vincente or LaRaza should have instructed them to try to assimilate, not be arrogant, demanding, whiney and to work extremely hard at not ticking off Americans in the handbooks and maps that were distributed instructing them on how to invade America safely.

Old 04-14-2008, 01:50 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
Nice try, Exeodus but you are NOT being truthful in the least in terms of your claim of "immigrant" bashing. There you and your friend go blurring the lines despite the multitude of posts that specify that Americans are against ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS and ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION, no matter where the criminals come from. Illegal is illegal.

The fact that the majority of illegal aliens migrate from Mexico and commit a substantial amount of the rapes, murders, robberies, gang violence, drunk driving deaths while procreating and producting the majority of the anchor babies, and usurping as much welfare and other freebies that our govt. allows, should not be blamed on those of us who post evidence of these facts. You can't blame the messenger for the actions of the perpetrators and the fact that the majority of them are Mexican Nationals. Maybe Vincente or LaRaza should have instructed them to try to assimilate, not be arrogant, demanding, whiney and to work extremely hard at not ticking off Americans in the handbooks and maps that were distributed instructing them on how to invade America safely.

Well said. If these people are so into bieng Mexican, then go the F back to Mehico and protest the Govt there. PERIOD!

Old 04-14-2008, 01:57 PM

440 posts, read 329,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Well said. If these people are so into bieng Mexican, then go the F back to Mehico and protest the Govt there. PERIOD!
Agreed. I still don't understand how you can have so much pride in a country that cares less than a flying fig about its own citizens. The brainwashing of Mexican nationals is extraordinarily phenomenal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration