U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2017, 02:51 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times

Advertisements

SAN SALVADOR — The Trump administration’s push to deport more Central American gang members has alarmed officials here who fear the returning gangsters could exacerbate violence in one of the deadliest countries in the hemisphere.

This year, the U.S. government has deported 398 gang members to this country, compared with 534 in all of 2016, according to Salvadoran government statistics. This sharp increase in the rate of gang deportations — and the prospect of more gang roundups in the United States — have prompted Salvadoran authorities to hold emergency meetings and propose new legislation to monitor suspected criminals who are being sent home.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.930167f12bdd

El Salvador: those nasty lawbreakers are YOUR people; deal with them by any means needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2017, 03:41 PM

11,488 posts, read 5,511,317 times
I guess I used up all my free WaPo stories this month. This is off topic but...I noticed that WaPo must have a motto. It said "Democracy dies in darkness". Oh the irony! And WaPo is in the darkness and is too obtuse to know it!

Anyway---in the past I read a story that said in El Salvador they have vigilantes who watch for returning MS-13 members. They grab them and rip off their shirts to see if they have gang tats. If they have gang tats, the vigilantes execute them. Some returning gang members, who don't get caught by the vigilantes, pay to remove their tats.

These gang members who are Salvadoran citizens belong to El Salvador. We have enough homegrown lowlifes and don't need or want to have to deal with imported ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or