Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 02:16 AM

22,471 posts, read 11,990,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
Better yet, let's fill the Rio Grande with alligators and crocodiles and also release lions in other areas

You make me want to throw up with your wicked suggestions.

You are wrong. You're just bitter and blaming illegals for your problems. how about devoting your energy towards a better purpose rather than bashing illegals, who are overwhelmingly good people.

No, illegals are NOT "overwhelmingly good people". Good people don't knowingly break laws. The term "law-abiding illegal alien" is an oxymoron.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2017, 07:11 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Better yet, let's fill the Rio Grande with alligators and crocodiles and also release lions in other areas

You are wrong. You're just bitter and blaming illegals for your problems. how about devoting your energy towards a better purpose rather than bashing illegals, who are overwhelmingly good people.

Illegals do create problems for all of us and that's just a fact. No one is saying that they are to blame for all of the problems this country has. I can't think of many other ways to devote ones time than to fight this travesty. Good people don't normally break laws and take from others what doesn't belong to them.

Old 06-15-2017, 05:51 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I think it's funny as all get out in a clever kind of way as suggestions go but I am against all solar panels and wind farms because they kill birds and birds are what I photograph.

https://weather.com/science/news/sol...birds-20140818

This Mojave Desert solar plant kills 6,000 birds a year. Here's why that won't change any time soon - LA Times
My mom once sent my dad to the Hardware store to buy bird killer. They were aghast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Some people have skin in the game. They are either here illegally or know people who are. Bummers for them.

Illegal immigration has plummeted to the point BP doesn't even have to man most of the in State check points which frees up agents to do field work. All of this just by that man getting elected.
Donald Trump is the wall.

Quote:
You sound like a liberal snowflake. You're having a bad year. We understand.

Old 06-15-2017, 06:24 PM

50,269 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:

You 420? "good people" don't break laws especially identify theft, tax evasion and lying on forms.

Old 06-16-2017, 12:00 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,284,929 times
Quote:

Releasing animals seems very inefficient. My ideas produce electricity, it's environmentally friendly and will slow down illegal border crossing.

Old 06-16-2017, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
How about giant thread mill spanning the distance of the border. As illegals run across they will get trapped and run forever, producing electricity.
This might work.

Old 06-17-2017, 06:14 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:

I think maybe you define good people differently than most.
Good people don't use false names, social security numbers, or enter countries illegally. Good people don't drive without a license or insurance. Good people try their best to obey the law. Good people don't I've a life of lies.

Old 06-17-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Good people don't use false names, social security numbers, or enter countries illegally. Good people don't drive without a license or insurance. Good people try their best to obey the law. Good people don't I've a life of lies.
Being good is hard work and costs money. It sucks. So does paying extra on my insurance to cover those who don't. But I do it to get other freedoms.

You can be as free as you want. Most people would rather fail than deal straight, oh but they want to eat drink and be merry.

Old 06-17-2017, 06:31 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,006,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
No, illegals are NOT "overwhelmingly good people". Good people don't knowingly break laws. The term "law-abiding illegal alien" is an oxymoron.
Oh please. It's not like they killed anyone. These people are economic migrants and those settled here without criminal records will be allowed to stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Illegals do create problems for all of us and that's just a fact. No one is saying that they are to blame for all of the problems this country has. I can't think of many other ways to devote ones time than to fight this travesty. Good people don't normally break laws and take from others what doesn't belong to them.
Illegals haven't took anything from me. Yes, some of them steal American jobs but let's pass immigration reform and legalize them and crack down on the employers going forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
My mom once sent my dad to the Hardware store to buy bird killer. They were aghast.

Donald Trump is the wall.

You sound like a liberal snowflake. You're having a bad year. We understand.
So your retort is name calling me. I'm having a good year but as someone who is pro-illegal immigrant, I am playing my part by sending letters to members of Congress demanding legalization NOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You 420? "good people" don't break laws especially identify theft, tax evasion and lying on forms.
I'm willing to bet you that the percentage of illegals engaged in identity theft is low. Many illegals would gladly pay tax if they didn't fear the government. Nice try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Give them licenses, legalize and help them assimilate. We will not deport millions of illegals, so please wake up.

Old 06-17-2017, 07:04 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Oh please. It's not like they killed anyone. These people are economic migrants and those settled here without criminal records will be allowed to stay.

Illegals haven't took anything from me. Yes, some of them steal American jobs but let's pass immigration reform and legalize them and crack down on the employers going forward.

So your retort is name calling me. I'm having a good year but as someone who is pro-illegal immigrant, I am playing my part by sending letters to members of Congress demanding legalization NOW.

I'm willing to bet you that the percentage of illegals engaged in identity theft is low. Many illegals would gladly pay tax if they didn't fear the government. Nice try.

Give them licenses, legalize and help them assimilate. We will not deport millions of illegals, so please wake up.
Once again. Rewarding unwanted behavior is never a solution, its an invitation for more of the same.
Illegals haven't taken anything from you? I have never been robbed, raped, shot, or assaulted. I still think those crimes are wrong and the perpetrators should be held accountable.
No illegal ever stole a job from me either, but they do steal jobs, destroy peoples credit via ID theft, and mooch off our social systems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration