Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 08:38 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,453,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Next thing you know he'll be giving free college to illegals and even giving them drivers licenses.

I'm a liberal and he is even in danger of becoming too liberal for ME!

I'm okay with dreamers staying because they didn't knowingly break our immigration laws but PLEASE deport the parents and don't let any new illegals in. Or is he getting too liberal for that too?
Well yes, that's happening with the University of California.

The University of California imposed a cap on the number of out-of-state students but it doesn’t apply to illegals, The College Fix reports. The board of regents approved a regulation on May 18 that allows non-California residents to comprise just 18 percent of the total student body at all UC facilities — except if you’re here illegally.Illegals Exempt From Out-Of-State Cap at Univ of California | The Daily Caller

If you are an out of state student you pay more and or you are not accepted. But, if you are an illegal you pay a third less, and have no restrictions. Looks like dreams do come true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Per the bolded --- This nonsense was debunked years ago. Yet anti-Trumps insist on repeating the lie. Even if he did deport all that he claimed, he went and undid it all by dictating DACA and trying to dictate DAPA. When the Fifth Circuit Court issued an injunction against DAPA, Obama thumbed his nose at it and continued to give out DAPA---until he got caught.

Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says - Washington Times

BTW, How is it "nativist" to expect those who want to come to the US to do so legally?
That's the thing that puzzles me, seriously. If we aren't going to obey these laws, and fight for the right to break them, why not just get rid of the law, open borders and forget about it. That fact is we can't sustain the influx. We will crumble under the weight. The laws are there for a reason. I agree, how is it wrong to expect a law to be enforced?

Old 06-20-2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Trump has NEVER been against illegal immigration. He just said that nonsense to con the rubes in Middle America.

I am a New Yorker, and Trump was always a Democrat, with fairly liberal positions. He was pro illegal immigration until he started running for President, and figured he could use the issue to trick all the Red State yokels who just knew him from his TV show, and had no idea he was a lifelong scam artist.

Trump married an illegal immigrant. Melania was working illegally under a tourist visa, which makes her initial status illegal. Two of his wives were immigrants, and both received legal papers after sketchy employment pasts. And he lives in NYC, which has more immigrants than any other city on earth, and tons of illegals working in every industry. You really think he's gonna be anti-immigrant?

He has hired hundreds and hundreds of illegals. He was pro-amnesty until a few years ago. The people who voted for him based on the "Build a Wall" crap just got conned. It's all talk to fool the anti-immigrant crowd, and it worked. He won the Presidency on this issue, which is just mindblowing.
This cracks me up. America finally get's a guy in the White house who listens to both sides, is in the middle, a people president instead of a party president and what does America do? Tries to kill him off. Priceless! America deserves everything it gets. What a joke.

Sure, take him down so a REAL republican like Pence can replace him and wipe the democrats slate clean. Get rid of the guy who works with both sides, and has a daughter in the White house who swings him toward important liberal issues. Go ahead. I'll just watch this crap play out. I'm sure you'll be happy with the results.

Old 06-20-2017, 10:07 AM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
The only thing stupid is the fact that illegal aliens cost the United States billions of dollars each year.
Yep, and adding "and some of our citizens actually support not enforcing the laws, mostly those that some how personally benefit from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Trump will get to the Dreamers eventually. He is focusing on the others right now. There will be a wall as it was already approved back in 2006. Bids have been accepted already and prototypes are being built this month.
This is what Trump had said. He said his FIRST priority would be the gang bangers, not his ONLY priority. We don't have the personnel or facilities to take them all at once. I am sure there is a "list", and some associated with the ones that have committed additional crimes, have been caught in their pursuit of the worst of them.

They keep saying "Trump's wall" which shows their ignorance: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Fence_Act_of_2006 and Bidding Closes For Building Trump's Border Wall : The Two-Way : NPR I am sure you realize that media limits the information they feed their minions.

This article expands on the "targeting" of those lawbreakers, and also showed me why illegals are backing off the food stamp line: http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...204-story.html Many illegal alien collect benefits for themselves using their stolen citizen identities, also read they name their kids after themselves and use their anchor baby SSN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
This cracks me up. America finally get's a guy in the White house who listens to both sides, is in the middle, a people president instead of a party president and what does America do? Tries to kill him off. Priceless! America deserves everything it gets. What a joke.

Sure, take him down so a REAL republican like Pence can replace him and wipe the democrats slate clean. Get rid of the guy who works with both sides, and has a daughter in the White house who swings him toward important liberal issues. Go ahead. I'll just watch this crap play out. I'm sure you'll be happy with the results.
I appreciate your effort, but people that don't get it aren't capable of critical thinking, thus they will speaking the same lines like one of those talking dolls from the 1960s.

Pence? Yeah, I guess they haven't heard the saying "Be careful what you wish for." Again, lack of critical thinking skills!

Old 06-20-2017, 10:49 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,491,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post

How does he work with the democrats? He keeps saying the democrats are obstructing him when

a) Republicans have a super majority
b) Trump is woefully behind on appointments so the democrats could not even attempt to block his nominations since they are non-existent.

Seriously. List how Trump has attempted to work with democrats.

List how he has worked for all americans.

Old 06-20-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
How does he work with the democrats? He keeps saying the democrats are obstructing him when

a) Republicans have a super majority
b) Trump is woefully behind on appointments so the democrats could not even attempt to block his nominations since they are non-existent.

Seriously. List how Trump has attempted to work with democrats.

List how he has worked for all americans.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.bafd8c990cd1
"Trump meets the textbook definition of an ideological moderate. His position on war, health, jobs. the ideological extremists in the Republican party are not more likely to support Trump’s extreme candidacy; in fact, if anything Trump supporters are more likely to be ideological moderates, just like the candidate himself.

Trump calls House health care bill 'mean' - CNNPolitics.com
Healthcare - even though Democrats are refusing to work with Trump, and he still won't accept the republican version because he thinks it's not liberal enough, and called it a "mean" spirited healthcare bill. Told them to rewrite it so it helps more low income people. He wants more money added to the bill. That isn't a republican view of healthcare.

Democrats respond like this:

"We will be weaving 'mean' into the broader attack in a prominent way," the aide said.Democrats use Trump 'mean' comment to tar GOP - POLITICOThey will use anything they can to their party advantage. Doesn't matter if it's good for the country or not. They talk a good game and play a different one.

The democrats just want him removed no matter how they chop their own noses off despite their faces. It doesn't matter. Just like this topic, he is trying to play fair. Someone should remind him Washington is far from fair.

I wouldn't call him a republican by normal standards. A lot of republicans don't like him. He's not conservative enough on policy.
"given Trump’s open disregard for conservative orthodoxy on issues like trade, foreign policy, and government spending."https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/04/what-does-moderate-mean-in-the-trump-era/522642/

I didn't vote for the guy but I do think he cares more about the people he pleases than the party he wins over. He's use to paying attention to people, not politicians. Ratings matter. That's why people elected him. If you can't see that then you are just choosing not to. His win changed this country, good or bad. Although I don't think it would be that bad if the democrats and republicans just try and help out instead of the witch hunt.
A country that doesn't stand behind it's process is worse than four years of a bad president and he may end up being a decent president. It's too early to tell.

I bet he ends up being a very moderate republican president. That is if he can stay in office. If not you'll have a far right leaning bobble head there. At least Ryan will be a happy camper.

But hey, Trump is uncouth and lacks sophistication in regards to politics. That pretty much seems to be all the left cares about lately and his orange skin. There is nothing of substance to argue, just made up crap so far.

Seems like a lot of democrats want someone who talks a good talk, not walks a good walk. Besides, America first makes their skin crawl, which is odd.
I voted for Obama and he talked an extremely good talk but his walk lacked luster. Constant war and a failed healthcare system that was obviously in name only among other things. No one is perfect. He did the best he could do and so will Trump. I can't judge until the end of his term, and either can you.

The country is different now. People have evolved their thinking to meet needs, not party affiliation. It's not right or left. Trump tapped into it. It's a mix bag of left and right leaning. He was similar to Bernie on a lot of issues. He became the man behind middle American workers. How he did that is amazing but an enigma. It might just be the simple fact that nobody else cared.

Old 06-20-2017, 06:35 PM

1,378 posts, read 736,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
WASHINGTON — President Trump has officially reversed his campaign pledge to deport the so-called Dreamers, undocumented immigrants who came to the United States as small children.

The Department of Homeland Security announced late Thursday that it would continue the Obama-era program intended to protect those immigrants from deportation and provide them work permits so they can find legal employment.

A fact sheet posted on the department’s website says immigrants enrolled in the 2012 program, known as Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, “will continue to be eligible” to renew every two years and notes that “no work permits will be terminated prior to their current expiration dates.”

Trump Will Allow

ROTFLMBO! Who still believes "President Pinocchio"?????
This is great news!! And another win for illegal immigration!

Old 06-21-2017, 01:48 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Trump will get to the Dreamers eventually. He is focusing on the others right now. There will be a wall as it was already approved back in 2006. Bids have been accepted already and prototypes are being built this month.
A lot of things can get approval but they don't get done if Congress doesn't earmark the funds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration