U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 10:26 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,296,542 times

Advertisements

Long before police found her husband slumped in his ATV, shot dead.

No incident has hardened feelings about illegal immigration in Arizona more than the unsolved 2010 killing of 58-year-old Rob Krentz, head of one of the oldest ranch families in southeast Arizona.

Death on the border: Arizona used rancher's killing to justify harsh immigration laws, but the truth of the case is unclear - LA Times

LA Times: YOU flat said illegal aliens are a big problem here, please stop protecting their despicable kind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2017, 10:09 PM

1,073 posts, read 495,270 times
I hope they apprehend and convict the murderer asap.

Old 07-02-2017, 05:42 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,087,122 times
And, we keep hearing that those in the border states don't want a wall cluttering up their views?

I think otherwise: https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...ht-of-illegals

Old 07-09-2017, 06:00 AM

820 posts, read 1,445,673 times
Most people throughout the US, and especially in the border states want a wall, but the dishonest media in this country would never report such a view. Make sure to keep holding President Trump's feet to the fire on his signature campaign promise to build a wall. That's why we voted for him. Illegal immigration is a real problem. Don't be swayed by the imbeciles on cable news outlets who say differently.

Last edited by izannimda; 07-09-2017 at 06:44 AM..

Old 07-09-2017, 06:52 AM

1,018 posts, read 387,268 times
We need better border security now, we don't have the time for the wall to get built. Multiply the border agent force x100 and start flying drone patrols. Sniper towers, just like maned fire watch towers to watch for border crossings.

I have a friend in a town along the Canadian border who said there are people crossing the border there and find dead bodies in the woods occasionally.

Building the wall would just force them to use the other ways to get into this country. I spoke to an Illegal and he said he flew in with forged documents he needs money to support his family.

I was in Red Bank NJ yesterday and watched all the immigrants pushing baby carriages. Why isnt ICE their interviewing these people? You can, all you have to say is, "the subject was acting suspiciously".

Old 07-10-2017, 05:03 PM

47,314 posts, read 24,649,386 times
I knew Rob fairly well, and this case was convoluted right from the beginning. Most of us down here in Cochise County never really bought the official story or the accusations about who did it. The old Sheriff (since deceased), told me himself that they didn't have a clue as to what happened down there.

No one knows squat about what happened. The area is so vast and so isolated that anyone could've killed him and ran off. Who knows? Maybe he had enemies. His killing wasn't random, so you never know.

Old 07-10-2017, 08:34 PM

8,238 posts, read 7,171,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
We need better border security now, we don't have the time for the wall to get built. Multiply the border agent force x100 and start flying drone patrols. Sniper towers, just like maned fire watch towers to watch for border crossings.

I have a friend in a town along the Canadian border who said there are people crossing the border there and find dead bodies in the woods occasionally.

Building the wall would just force them to use the other ways to get into this country. I spoke to an Illegal and he said he flew in with forged documents he needs money to support his family.

I was in Red Bank NJ yesterday and watched all the immigrants pushing baby carriages. Why isnt ICE their interviewing these people? You can, all you have to say is, "the subject was acting suspiciously".
Even Red Bank?

ICE would never get out of New Brunswick, NJ if there was a true concern about cracking down on & deporting illegals.

The baby strollers all up and down the streets of the city tend to have an infant in them & a toddler riding on the top of the stroller & one or two more in tow and mama is preggo. And she doesn't look a day over 30.

The two major hospitals in the area are overrun with illegals & have been for years and years and years. ICE could set up camp in both the ER & L&D ward at both & pick 'em off en masse b/c 10+ family members show up when their 15 year old daughter/niece/sister/neighbor's kid has braxton hicks at 30 weeks and runs to the ER... then gets sent up to L&D.

Old 07-11-2017, 03:10 PM

6,934 posts, read 3,020,596 times
I owned a home in Bisbee just up the road from Douglas where this rancher was killed. His family was not only old-Arizona in terms of money and land, but very well connected politically. EVERYONE knew what was going on....they used his death as a way to target undocumented aliens. Oddly, it was the northern part of state, Phoenix, full of mid-western transplants sporting white belts and toupees, that was/is very anti immigrants. The border counties like Cochise, Santa Cruz and more progressive cities like Tucson, realized the Republicans in Phoenix state legislature, bolstered by Maricopa Sheriff (and soon to be convict) Joe Arpaio, were out of control in their hatred of Mexicans and Mexican heritage. Those of us who lived on the border (I was 7 miles from it and our golf course sat ON the border), understood that it is a silly arbitrary line that was drawn by white folks against brown folks.

And so it goes.

Old 07-11-2017, 04:44 PM

47,314 posts, read 24,649,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
I owned a home in Bisbee just up the road from Douglas where this rancher was killed. His family was not only old-Arizona in terms of money and land, but very well connected politically. EVERYONE knew what was going on....they used his death as a way to target undocumented aliens. Oddly, it was the northern part of state, Phoenix, full of mid-western transplants sporting white belts and toupees, that was/is very anti immigrants. The border counties like Cochise, Santa Cruz and more progressive cities like Tucson, realized the Republicans in Phoenix state legislature, bolstered by Maricopa Sheriff (and soon to be convict) Joe Arpaio, were out of control in their hatred of Mexicans and Mexican heritage. Those of us who lived on the border (I was 7 miles from it and our golf course sat ON the border), understood that it is a silly arbitrary line that was drawn by white folks against brown folks.

And so it goes.
Yep, that's exactly what happened. I remember when the Minuteman Project guys came to my house shortly afterwards and asked me if I wanted to volunteer or make a contribution. I laughed and told them to move on. I don't buy into hysteria.

I've lived in Cochise County for 20 years now, and we have few problems with this issue. We go about our daily lives and we accept that the border is right beneath us and there'll be problems from time to time. But we don't get all hysterical about it. And we don't want some damn wall running through our county. What we have now is fine.

You're right...the idiots up in Maricopa County are the ones that started all this crap. What people from outside the state never seemed to understand is that Arpaio isn't the damn sheriff for the whole state. The other dozen counties in this state don't give a damn about what the Maricopa County Sheriff wants. The border isn't within his purview, and he needs to mind his own damn business and let the border counties handle border business. We don't tell him how to run Phoenix!

Side note: you moved outta Bisbee? Lol...almost no one ever does that.

Old 07-11-2017, 06:40 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,296,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post

And so it goes.
Illegal alien ain't a race. I want ALL of their despicable kind gone, even "white" Irish people.

Too; "Mexican" ain't a race either. Tho word is the "white" Mexicans do live pretty well IN Mexico, better than many of their "brown" brothers and sisters.

BTW: Guatemala is on a "fake" line next to Mexico but, word is Mexico treats ITS illegal aliens real bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or