Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2017, 01:27 PM

1,184 posts, read 720,377 times

Advertisements

Poor guy but no one twisted his arm to choose the thug life or try to come back. Laws need to pass to punish reentry to prevent this

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...e25_story.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 01:41 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
"reentry" is a felony. They simply don't care, since so many get away with it anyway. We need to secure the border, because that is the ONLY way to at least prevent the majority from coming in or coming back in. As long as there is a way, they will continue to come. Seriously, if you went and committed a crime, and all they did was take you home and drop you off..............

This was not someone that was an asset to our country in any way per his criminal record/disrespect for our laws, but all too often criminal parents birth criminal kids that grow up with an equal disrespect for laws.

Old 07-26-2017, 02:01 PM

24,490 posts, read 17,232,699 times
We need to stop the human trafficking that is going on at the border but the we all know that once the Dems stop shouting Russia Russia Russia and stop blocking health care reform they will start saying no to the wall.

A wall will help stop the abusive and deadly trafficking. This kid would still be alive except for the Dems blocking the wall.

Old 07-26-2017, 04:17 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
I couldn't read the article since, apparently, I used up all my free monthy articles on WaPo---and there is no way that I will ever again give that fish wrap my money. Okay---rant over

Was he one of the ones who died in the truck behind the Walmart in San Antonio?

Old 07-26-2017, 05:05 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I couldn't read the article since, apparently, I used up all my free monthy articles on WaPo---and there is no way that I will ever again give that fish wrap my money. Okay---rant over

Was he one of the ones who died in the truck behind the Walmart in San Antonio?
Yes.

That gangbanger deported illegal alien did die in that truck.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:23 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
We need to stop the human trafficking that is going on at the border but the we all know that once the Dems stop shouting Russia Russia Russia and stop blocking health care reform they will start saying no to the wall.

A wall will help stop the abusive and deadly trafficking. This kid would still be alive except for the Dems blocking the wall.
We need to make E-Verify the law of the land and punish any employer caught hiring illegals. Take away the bait, the reason illegals are coming here.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:15 PM

589 posts, read 300,106 times
While I don't wish anyone ill, can't say I feel bad since he did it to himself. Just no positive for him being here and to society. So, good riddance. One less Illegal Alien to worry that had a potential to continue his criminal act to innocent citizens.

Old 07-27-2017, 03:31 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,254,506 times
Just one less criminal to prey on Americans, oh wait, the leftist want us to believe that they are not criminals but many are, and this one surely was.

Old 07-27-2017, 04:38 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
We need to make E-Verify the law of the land and punish any employer caught hiring illegals. Take away the bait, the reason illegals are coming here.
It's not quite as easy as that, here's why...

Illegal aliens run underground economy unlicensed businesses in the U.S., and employ other illegal aliens while paying no FICA, no federal income tax, etc.

Quote:
"Up to half of illegal immigrants ...are believed to work in a large shadow economy, where workers are compensated in cash, don't report the income and don't pay income taxes."
Illegal immigrants' place in the 'underground' economy often reflects culture as well as caution

And because it appears as if they have no income, they easily sign up their "anchor" children (who shouldn't even be US citizens at all, same as their parents) for all kinds of freebie welfare benefits, on top of that tax-free and unreported income.

Illegal aliens' underground economy unlicensed, unregistered, and therefore untaxed businesses, untaxed employees' income, etc., is hardly ever talked about.

Old 07-27-2017, 07:11 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's not quite as easy as that, here's why...

Illegal aliens run underground economy unlicensed businesses in the U.S., and employ other illegal aliens while paying no FICA, no federal income tax, etc.

Illegal immigrants' place in the 'underground' economy often reflects culture as well as caution

And because it appears as if they have no income, they easily sign up their "anchor" children (who shouldn't even be US citizens at all, same as their parents) for all kinds of freebie welfare benefits, on top of that tax-free and unreported income.

Illegal aliens' underground economy unlicensed, unregistered, and therefore untaxed businesses, untaxed employees' income, etc., is hardly ever talked about.

All good points and that is why I am an advocate for the wall. Better to prevent them from coming here in the first place and none of this would be happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration