Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 03:39 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,897,524 times

Advertisements

At least 15 people, including four DACA recipients, have been arrested in Texas during a protest demanding permanent legal status for the 11 million undocumented immigrants in the United States.

Texas police arrest DACA recipients in Austin protest

Keep it up, fools. Your kind are making more and more enemies all the time. Sheesh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2017, 05:45 AM

1,184 posts, read 720,103 times
Lol now their DACA is in jeopady after their arrest. Deport x4

Old 07-27-2017, 06:10 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,252,806 times
I hope ICE goes to all those demonstrations and photographs them all and uses facial recognition as well as detains as many as possible right there.
How stupid do they have to be to be here illegally and then demand we give them legal status, that is like someone breaking into our homes and demanding we allow them to stay, and at our expense. I say the heck with all illegal aliens, deport them all and the sooner the better.

Old 07-27-2017, 07:05 AM

62,879 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
At least 15 people, including four DACA recipients, have been arrested in Texas during a protest demanding permanent legal status for the 11 million undocumented immigrants in the United States.

Texas police arrest DACA recipients in Austin protest

Keep it up, fools. Your kind are making more and more enemies all the time. Sheesh!

This is such great news! It's a good way to catch them and they will think twice about protesting and demanding things from our government that they aren't lawfully entitled to.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:33 AM

589 posts, read 299,926 times
Heard this on the local news a few days ago and thought what idiots blocking traffic sitting in the middle of the road. We don't need more idiots in this country. Glad they were arrested and would be even more so if they were to be deported.

Unfortunately, we have our own idiotic Sherriff Hernandez and idiotic Mayor Adler that will release and protect them. September 1st can't come here fast enough. Thanks to Gov. Abbott and senate bill 4, these idiotic officials will be held accountable should they not comply and continue their sanctuary cities policies.

Old 07-27-2017, 09:38 AM

25,943 posts, read 22,094,372 times
I think the DACA individuals are going to make the decision easier. They will continue to be a thorn in our side.

Unafraid? I guess they haven't been following the news lately.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:25 AM

22,454 posts, read 11,977,478 times
To show just how entitled and arrogant those DACA people are, just read the below excerpt from the link:

Catalina Santiago, a DACA recipient who was arrested on Wednesday, said in a statement that she wants her "community to know that politicians do not get to decide who is deserving of dignity and who is not".

"DACA is under attack while my parents, who are farm workers, were never even given the temporary protection DACA provides," she added.

-----------------------------------------------

"Politicians do not get to decide who is deserving of dignity and who is not"? When she turned 18 1/2, she had an opportunity to change her status and become a foreign student. Yet she chose to continue to be here illegally. Now, as a lawbreaker, she thinks she "deserves dignity"? SMH. Like most so-called DREAMers, she lacks a moral compass.

Meanwhile, her farmworker parents are here illegally when they could have applied to come here legally by getting an agricultural guest worker visa. Yet they chose to thumb their noses at our immigration laws. No surprise that their daughter feels like this country owes them something. After all, her parents set a bad example. We owe them nothing.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:38 AM

78,347 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Wth..."deserving of dignity"?

I wonder if I showed up in Australia or France or Italy or Iran or Japan without a passport if I could just say that and expect to waltz about their countries?

Old 07-27-2017, 12:07 PM

62,879 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
To show just how entitled and arrogant those DACA people are, just read the below excerpt from the link:

Catalina Santiago, a DACA recipient who was arrested on Wednesday, said in a statement that she wants her "community to know that politicians do not get to decide who is deserving of dignity and who is not".

"DACA is under attack while my parents, who are farm workers, were never even given the temporary protection DACA provides," she added.

-----------------------------------------------

"Politicians do not get to decide who is deserving of dignity and who is not"? When she turned 18 1/2, she had an opportunity to change her status and become a foreign student. Yet she chose to continue to be here illegally. Now, as a lawbreaker, she thinks she "deserves dignity"? SMH. Like most so-called DREAMers, she lacks a moral compass.

Meanwhile, her farmworker parents are here illegally when they could have applied to come here legally by getting an agricultural guest worker visa. Yet they chose to thumb their noses at our immigration laws. No surprise that their daughter feels like this country owes them something. After all, her parents set a bad example. We owe them nothing.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. When kids witness their own parent's law breaking and the parents have no remorse then the kids think that law breaking is ok just as long as you benefit from it. I'm glad I taught my kids to be responsible for their actions and set a good example for them.

Old 07-27-2017, 07:13 PM

1,225 posts, read 605,477 times
Apparently all of those who had DACA have been released.https://www.google.com/amp/www.state...rboHK/amp.html

Edit: 4 DACAers and 11 supporters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration