Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 10:15 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times

Advertisements

You can cut down the cost even more by punishing businesses that hire them and enforcing e-verify.
Dry up the jobs, and many will just self-deport, saving us all the expense and time of deportation courts and lawyers.

Why Trump isn't doing this baffles me. I am sure he doesn't want to pi$$ off his business cronies, but it's very hypocritical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2017, 10:23 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
You can cut down the cost even more by punishing businesses that hire them and enforcing e-verify.
Dry up the jobs, and many will just self-deport, saving us all the expense and time of deportation courts and lawyers.

Why Trump isn't doing this baffles me. I am sure he doesn't want to pi$$ off his business cronies, but it's very hypocritical.
Nothing mysterious. It is not possible to pass any legislation tightening employment laws except, perhaps, in some overall grand agreement. The business lobbies will easily defeat any attempt to tighten the employment laws. Fact of life.

And note that the immigration folk are already noting that they will not reach the same level of deportations as achieved by Obama in 2012. And that is going to be the pattern. The process becomes harder and harder as you get into the more long term illegals.

Old 08-04-2017, 11:39 AM

5,172 posts, read 4,945,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
We should also seize the assets of any illegal deported to help offset the cost of deporting them.
Agree 100%!

Old 08-04-2017, 11:44 AM

736 posts, read 353,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
This guy was deported 20 times and he got back in 20 times.

So multiply $125 Billion by 20 to get the actual picture.

Mexican national, deported by immigration authorities 20 times, moved to a sanctuary city and raped a 65 year old woman
Should have been arrested and put in a hard labor camp for 10 years. Perhaps picking vegetables and fruits under arm guard. If he attempts to escape, then shoot him. I bet he wouldn't come back after his 10 year sentence was over.

Old 08-04-2017, 12:00 PM

1,184 posts, read 720,505 times
I'm willing to pay more for vegetables, crackers, restaurants and whatever industry relies on their services, I have a choice. I can eat less tomatoes and eat out less.. What I have no control over is crazy taxes and insurance hikes because these guys take more than they "pay" abuse medicaid and drive without insurance

Old 08-04-2017, 02:41 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Many left after the housing crash when there was no more demand. Now there is demand and no one to do the work. Good luck trying to get an American to work on a roof for 12 hours a day in 90 heat and 90 degree humidity. By bringing up "lowballing", you prove the point that the immigrant workers did indeed benefit the US consumer by offering a more affordable price.
As I said, I just had mine done. No illegals on the crew and it was damned hot that day.
Low ballers. Once again you assume that the contractor that hired illegals to work cheap passed on those savings. They may have underbid their competition, but no way they passed on the full savings.
Now we have to factor in those unpaid ER visits by illegals. Tutors in public schools for non-english speaking children of illegals, the uninsured unlicensed drivers. So we all get to pay more in taxes, more for insurance. All so a few cheap Americans can save a few bucks on getting their roof done.
We all pay for that.

Old 08-04-2017, 03:55 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post

FYI, e-verify is in Trump's 2018 budget.

Old 08-04-2017, 04:14 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
FYI, e-verify is in Trump's 2018 budget.
Has to get it through Congress. Should be interesting...might be doable but I doubt it.

Old 08-04-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
You are assuming that the businesses that hire illegals pass the cost savings on to the consumers.

Of course they don't. They merely pocket the profits. Otherwise what is their incentive for hiring illegal aliens? What they do pass on to we the taxpayer are their enormous social costs to the tune of $113 billion a year. Illegal aliens are no bargain for most Americans.

Old 08-04-2017, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Okay let's look at something besides government costs.

How about your costs?

How many head down to the corner when their is a project to do on the house and pickup a few casual workers and pay them cash?

How many have an illegal gardener or housekeeper?

How many asked to see passports of every worker that came to reroof or repaint their house?

How many had apple pie this week?

All around you illegal workers are helping to subsidize your lifestyle and lowering your costs.
Nope! See my post #49 and they also deplete job opportunities for Americans and reduce their wages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration