U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 06:57 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
BOULDER - Two teenagers were arrested Tuesday after police found them assaulting a Hispanic customer outside a convenience store.

At around 6:15 Tuesday evening Ivan Ponce De Leon-Najera, 26 of Louisville, was approached by the two teens as he left the PDQ in the 5200 block of Manhattan Circle, according to police.

Police say the teens yelled a racial slur and asked Ponce De Leon-Najera why he was stealing their jobs. The confrontation soon turned physical with the teens pushing and punching the man and trying to spit on him, according to police.
9NEWS - Local - Article - Hispanic man assaulted by teens shouting, "Why are you stealing our jobs?"

i bet their parents are proud of them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 07:05 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
So did the illegal give an answer why he is stealing jobs of Americans?

Old 03-13-2008, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
So did the illegal give an answer why he is stealing jobs of Americans?
Too bad the story didn't say the man was an illegal immigrant but i won't be surprised if those criminals are part of alipac, sos, vdare or some anti-immigrant/latino group.

Last edited by blacknight04; 03-13-2008 at 07:26 AM..

Old 03-13-2008, 07:37 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,223,114 times
It's terrible that happened. Just goes to show how our government has failed us. Their lack of enforcing the immigration laws has pushed some to the point of hateful, illegal and immoral behavior. I think all illegals should be sent home but I certainly don't condone beating anyone up, legal or illegal, black, brown, white or poka dotted.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:47 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
I read the article; those punks also stole some property from another kid so they were obviously 'equal opportunity' criminals.

Needless to say: said teenagers need to be punished accordingly------and, their Spanish surnamed victim, if illegal, also needs to face the consequences.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
It's terrible that happened. Just goes to show how our government has failed us. Their lack of enforcing the immigration laws has pushed some to the point of hateful, illegal and immoral behavior. I think all illegals should be sent home but I certainly don't condone beating anyone up, legal or illegal, black, brown, white or poka dotted.
Yes, i blame the goverment for the hateful and racist behavior shown by the two men.

Btw, i always wonder why illegal immigrants are blamed for all the "bad things" that happen but when something like this happens, the government is blamed?

Old 03-13-2008, 09:01 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,806 times
It's sad that something like this has happened, but it's not unforeseeable. As the frustration level grows, some folks are going to have a tougher time keeping their emotions in check and acting like human beings. I don't condone the violence, but I do predict more of it should this problem be left unaddressed much longer.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:17 AM

162 posts, read 293,886 times
I dont agree with violence. The article only states the customer was hispanic, it does not clarify if he was an illegal. Those teens probably will end up in bigger problem along their lives. Do you guys have any idea of how many of these kids are in jail or have their future very limited due to stupid poor decisions? Hundreds of hundreds. So please do not write posts congratulating them for their stupidity. When an employer request a background check on these kids, do you thing they will hire them knowing they had a past of violence?

Old 03-13-2008, 09:37 AM

13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Nowhere in that article is immigration or immigrant (illegal or legal) even mentioned - so what does this story have to do with immigration? The victim could be born and raised here - as a matter of fact, from his comments, it seems like he is a native English speaker.

Old 03-13-2008, 12:18 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,658,155 times
Both those kids are thugs and cowards. Two against one. Real tough guys, lol. Losers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or