Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 08:01 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
I think that If the program is allowed to expire gradually, you'll see a rise in in country marriage greencard applications for overstays.
Marrying an American citizen is no guarantee you'll get a green card. US visa forums are full of sob stories of fiancé(e)s/spouses whose previous convictions, immigration violations, communicable diseases, or mental health/addiction issues are keeping them out of the US. Cue the usual anguish from the offended US fiancé(e)/spouse: It's not FAIR!

Some of it is totally ridiculous, too. "My fiancé was convicted of drug trafficking 10 years ago in Ireland, do you think he can get a hardship waiver?" "My husband snuck over the US border 15 years ago and we got married when he was under a final order for deportation; I can't move to Mexico for 10 years and they're ripping our family apart!"

Stuff like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 08:02 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
By definition,"Dreamers" are children who were brought here by their parents. The parents committed the crime, not the children.

They were NOT born here, so they are here ILLEGALLY. What don't you get? They are NOT IMMIGRANTS!

Old 08-31-2017, 08:02 AM

3,850 posts, read 2,227,486 times
Quote:
By definition,"Dreamers" are children who were brought here by their parents. The parents committed the crime, not the children.
Then they have their parents to blame for their situation and not the U.S government.

Old 08-31-2017, 08:40 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
bout 800,000 young immigrants could lose their jobs and be rounded up by police and deported to countries where their lives are at risk — and which are foreign to them — if the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program is allowed to lapse.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...r-deportation/

Mexico ain't Haiti or even Salvador, people. Too: I'm 100 percent some of those Dream Act people are Korean, Italian, Irish and so on.

They aren't "immigrants" first off. Good, that would open up 800,000 jobs for Americans.

Old 08-31-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
By definition,"DREAMers" are children who were brought here from another country by their parents. The parents committed the crime, not the children.

From The DREAM Act = acronym for Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors.

Doesn't matter. These so-called children should not benefit from their parent's law breaking nor should the parents benefit either.

Old 08-31-2017, 09:57 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
bout 800,000 young immigrants could lose their jobs and be rounded up by police and deported to countries where their lives are at risk — and which are foreign to them — if the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program is allowed to lapse.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...r-deportation/

Mexico ain't Haiti or even Salvador, people. Too: I'm 100 percent some of those Dream Act people are Korean, Italian, Irish and so on.
LOL, more fear mongering coming from the left.

Aren't you smart enough to know that's exactly what the left wants you to believe. They thrive by instilling fear so you'll vote for them to protect you.

Duh!

Old 08-31-2017, 01:16 PM

1,184 posts, read 720,505 times
Trump expected to announce end to Obama-era DACA, official says | Fox News

Gogo!! DA stands for deferred Action...5 years later time is up

Old 08-31-2017, 01:29 PM

1,225 posts, read 605,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Marrying an American citizen is no guarantee you'll get a green card. US visa forums are full of sob stories of fiancé(e)s/spouses whose previous convictions, immigration violations, communicable diseases, or mental health/addiction issues are keeping them out of the US. Cue the usual anguish from the offended US fiancé(e)/spouse: It's not FAIR!

Some of it is totally ridiculous, too. "My fiancé was convicted of drug trafficking 10 years ago in Ireland, do you think he can get a hardship waiver?" "My husband snuck over the US border 15 years ago and we got married when he was under a final order for deportation; I can't move to Mexico for 10 years and they're ripping our family apart!"

Stuff like that.
Guarantee, no but if your nose is clean it's likely

Old 08-31-2017, 02:04 PM

6,417 posts, read 1,431,986 times
President will likely end DACA and announce this Friday Sept. 1, 2017

Old 08-31-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
President will likely end DACA and announce this Friday Sept. 1, 2017

If so, I'm thrilled!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration