Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 04:05 PM

8,365 posts, read 7,563,911 times

Advertisements

This is a serious question. I am not trying to stir anything up. And, again, I do not condone illegal immigration.

But, I would be very interested to read your replies to these questions. They are something I've been wondering about.

1. Do you personally know any people who have been approved for DACA?

2. Have you personally met, or do you currently know, any illegal aliens?

2. What is your estimate of your PERSONAL loss in dollars, from illegal immigration?

I am not talking about the total cost to tax payers. But what YOU have actually lost due to illegal immigrants being present here.

Please try to be specific in how you're estimating your PERSONAL loss.

For instance, I live just a few miles from the border. Back in the 1990s, we had huge amounts of illegal immigrants crossing our property on a regular basis. They did some damage to our orchard as they passed through, and we eventually fenced our property, but we had other reasons for that. So, I'd estimate that my PERSONAL out of pocket expense due to illegal immigration over the last 30 years is about $500.
'
If you have proof that you have lost or been turned down for a job because an illegal alien got it, that would qualify. But, please be specific about how you know, for a fact, that you lost out on a job because it went to an illegal alien.

And so forth.

Thank you in advance for responding. All replies are appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 07:33 PM

2,805 posts, read 3,237,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
President will likely end DACA and announce this Friday Sept. 1, 2017

Trump expected to announce end to Obama-era DACA, official says | Fox News
Makes me happy too, deport them all or make it so hard on them all, that they go home.

Old 08-31-2017, 08:09 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,654,763 times
More Making America Great Again!! These "dreamers" have no one to blame but their parents to blame.

Old 08-31-2017, 08:46 PM

62,474 posts, read 28,699,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
This is a serious question. I am not trying to stir anything up. And, again, I do not condone illegal immigration.

But, I would be very interested to read your replies to these questions. They are something I've been wondering about.

2. What is your estimate of your PERSONAL loss in dollars, from illegal immigration?

I am not talking about the total cost to tax payers. But what YOU have actually lost due to illegal immigrants being present here.

For instance, I live just a few miles from the border. Back in the 1990s, we had huge amounts of illegal immigrants crossing our property on a regular basis. They did some damage to our orchard as they passed through, and we eventually fenced our property, but we had other reasons for that. So, I'd estimate that my PERSONAL out of pocket expense due to illegal immigration over the last 30 years is about $500.
'
If you have proof that you have lost or been turned down for a job because an illegal alien got it, that would qualify. But, please be specific about how you know, for a fact, that you lost out on a job because it went to an illegal alien.

And so forth.

1. No, I but I do know that allowing them to remain here rewards their parents for bringing them here illegally. Kids should never benefit from their parent's law breaking either.

2. I have known some that were illegal aliens but not personally met them.

3. Not going to do the math but I do have to pay my share of the $113 billion a year that illegal aliens cost us. That would be my personal monetary loss.

Why do all losses due to illegal immigration have to be personal? I care about the welfare of my fellow citizens and it's a known fact that illegal aliens have taken many American jobs. I care about the Americans who have lost a loved one due to illegal alien crime also since it wouldn't have happened if they weren't here. There's plenty more but I'll just leave it at that. None of us should be so selfish that we only care about our own personal losses rather than the plight of other human beings being victims of lawlessness.

Old 09-01-2017, 12:38 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,307,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
I blame the "Dreamer" problem on public schools that admit undocumented children. If those families were simply told "no" from the start when they tried to enroll their children, they would have gone back to their country of origin long ago or would have never come here illegally in the first place and we wouldn't have a Dreamer problem.
Good point. In Los Angeles they would probably have to close many schools if they stopped admitting 'undocumented children'.

It costs a fortune to educate a child here. Especially with countless school administrators making six figure salaries.

At the very least we should be receiving payment from their nation of orgin if we are going to be educating them , also for health care etc.

We simply shouldn't be spending a penny on folks that are not citizens.

Other countries don't spend on Americans if they sneak into their country illegally.

The parents should of thought of this stuff before coming here illegally and thinking it was a good idea.

Old 09-01-2017, 02:46 AM

4,487 posts, read 3,891,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post

'

And so forth.

I have known many illegal aliens, I even married one from England. I have nothing against them personally. However, you can't ask a question like this and exclude the cost to taxpayers, you are avoiding the biggest issue. My question for you would be, " What do you have against American citizens that you would happily deny them the government assistance that would be available if we weren't supporting people who broke into the country"?

Old 09-01-2017, 05:59 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,307,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
I have known many illegal aliens, I even married one from England. I have nothing against them personally. However, you can't ask a question like this and exclude the cost to taxpayers, you are avoiding the biggest issue. My question for you would be, " What do you have against American citizens that you would happily deny them the government assistance that would be available if we weren't supporting people who broke into the country"?
Exactly. There are limited resources . We are trillions in debt .
We need to start focusing on our citizens first . This will make our country stronger .
Of course there are billions in poverty in other countries but we can't bring them all in and support them all .

We don't have the funds to invest in billions or millions of illegals.

Viewing it from an emotional point of "sure just let anyone in .. open the borders .. pay their education and healthcare "

That's the view and policy that destroys us .

Old 09-01-2017, 06:54 AM

1,184 posts, read 715,309 times
I think Trump will end it tonight. The left will go nuts. Harvey coverage will stop... Then have Congress work on an immigration deal that includes DACA and his other agenda that really helps Americans it's not racist. Every dollar spent on someone who isn't supposed to be here legally goes to waste. Then you wonder why your taxes never go down, insurance always go up, our highways and roads are in a mess. I'm a dreamer too. I dream I can pay off my mortgage, my kids go to a good College and get a good job. Why are their dreams greater than mine?

Old 09-01-2017, 07:21 AM

1,201 posts, read 611,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
I blame the "Dreamer" problem on public schools that admit undocumented children. If those families were simply told "no" from the start when they tried to enroll their children, they would have gone back to their country of origin long ago or would have never come here illegally in the first place and we wouldn't have a Dreamer problem.
There was a Supreme Court case in 1982, Pyler v Doe, which ruled all children regardless of immigration status have the right to a public education.

Old 09-01-2017, 07:50 AM

88,599 posts, read 44,314,754 times
Again... Why is DACA even needed? DACA persons KNOW they're illegal aliens. Why haven't they corrected that by now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration