Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 05:34 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
There is not and it appears never will be an attempt to send them home. Simply "red shoe clicking". There is no support. There is no money. And there will not be either in the future.

And the emphasis by the Right on deportation and avoiding legality simply maintains the problem and may well end up making it worse. We should be working on a tight system to avoid overstaying which is the present problem. Instead we discuss a mass deportation that is never going to happen.
Uh; for someone who's so cocksure that illegal aliens WON'T be deported, you sure post your opinion here when anybody says their kind will be sent home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 05:48 PM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times
No, we are not discussing mass deportation. The means to get them to leave have already been discussed in here over and over. Also, just deport them as they are found. It's happening right now.

Old 10-13-2017, 05:49 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; for someone who's so cocksure that illegal aliens WON'T be deported, you sure post your opinion here when anybody says their kind will be sent home.
I simply continue to point out insanity as it is posted. I have initiated few if any threads on the matter.

It is simply sad that people continue to block useful outcomes as they work an impossible task. And that is what it is for all practical purposes...Impossible.

Old 10-16-2017, 08:45 AM

15,431 posts, read 25,814,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
There is not and it appears never will be an attempt to send them home. Simply "red shoe clicking". There is no support. There is no money. And there will not be either in the future.

And the emphasis by the Right on deportation and avoiding legality simply maintains the problem and may well end up making it worse. We should be working on a tight system to avoid overstaying which is the present problem. Instead we discuss a mass deportation that is never going to happen.
What you said above has nothing to do with what I said. Why quote me? My post just answered part of what you said. I guess I shot that down because you changed the subject.

I get your argument, but remain unconvinced that there is no support for sending them home.

Old 10-17-2017, 11:18 AM

6,230 posts, read 3,409,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
I feel that all illegals with the exception of those serving in our military should be shown the door back to where they came from but allowed to go there and file to come back legally, what about you?

1) Do you agree that all illegal aliens should be made to return to their own countries?

2) Do you feel illegal aliens should be given a path to U.S. citizenship?

3) How about DACA illegals, same questions?
1. It would be a waste of resources to return 'all' illegals to their home countries. In fact it would be impossible. Building a wall would help keep out most illegal aliens and drugs flowing in from the south. But unfortunately a large number of illegal aliens are visa violators who come originally to the US under legal circumstances from all over the world.

2. Depends... and many difference circumstances.
A: Recent illegals aliens should be deported immediately when found.
B: Those who have been in the country for at least 10 years should be given a path to citizenship but with the following conditions:
a: Prove they have paid tax at all levels during the ten years.
b: Pay a fine and are able to prove they can read and speak English.
c: Those who can not meet any of the above should be deported.
C: No illegal alien if he/she qualifies under items a, b and becomes a legal citizen can not bring any family member into the country for an additional ten years after they become legal.

3. Unfortunately Dreamers appear to be here to stay, but if any commit any crimial act of any kind or have to go on any government assist program they should be deported immediately. All dreamers should be on a public/federal registration list like the DNA and finger print file that can be tracked by law enforcement.

Now with that said... all future immigration should be based on a merit system. They have to have something to contribute to our society. Future immigration should be based on certain skills required to immigrate into this country. Allowing non-skilled or very low skilled immigrates can no longer be allowed.

Old 10-17-2017, 01:14 PM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
1. It would be a waste of resources to return 'all' illegals to their home countries. In fact it would be impossible. Building a wall would help keep out most illegal aliens and drugs flowing in from the south. But unfortunately a large number of illegal aliens are visa violators who come originally to the US under legal circumstances from all over the world.

2. Depends... and many difference circumstances.
A: Recent illegals aliens should be deported immediately when found.
B: Those who have been in the country for at least 10 years should be given a path to citizenship but with the following conditions:
a: Prove they have paid tax at all levels during the ten years.
b: Pay a fine and are able to prove they can read and speak English.
c: Those who can not meet any of the above should be deported.
C: No illegal alien if he/she qualifies under items a, b and becomes a legal citizen can not bring any family member into the country for an additional ten years after they become legal.

3. Unfortunately Dreamers appear to be here to stay, but if any commit any crimial act of any kind or have to go on any government assist program they should be deported immediately. All dreamers should be on a public/federal registration list like the DNA and finger print file that can be tracked by law enforcement.

Now with that said... all future immigration should be based on a merit system. They have to have something to contribute to our society. Future immigration should be based on certain skills required to immigrate into this country. Allowing non-skilled or very low skilled immigrates can no longer be allowed.

No amnesty for any illegal aliens for any reason and no matter how long they have been here and no matter now they got here.

Old 10-17-2017, 02:26 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No amnesty for any illegal aliens for any reason and no matter how long they have been here and no matter now they got here.
^^^^Agreed.

What kind of message does it send to illegals if they manage to evade the law for X number of years? Answer---it tells them that if they lay low, eventually they will get amnesty. What is so special about illegals that they should get the right to amnesty just for laying low? After all, criminals who go on the lam get no such privileges. It doesn't matter if they are caught after 2 years or 50 or more years, they still go to jail.

Old 10-19-2017, 07:01 PM

52 posts, read 52,474 times
Being from Miami I guess I am a little bit biased against keeping the illegals in, although I do think that people must not enter the US or ANY other country illegally. But my questions are: who is going to landscape the highways ? who is going to clean the hotel lobbies ? who is going to perform all of these low paying jobs which natives are unwilling to do ?

Old 10-19-2017, 07:18 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthislikepoetry View Post
Being from Miami I guess I am a little bit biased against keeping the illegals in, although I do think that people must not enter the US or ANY other country illegally. But my questions are: who is going to landscape the highways ? who is going to clean the hotel lobbies ? who is going to perform all of these low paying jobs which natives are unwilling to do ?
Who do you think did these jobs before we got infested with illegals? Answer --- Americans did them, and guess what? Americans still do those jobs.

Even in immigrant-heavy cities you will see Americans cleaning hotel rooms and working BOH restaurant jobs. Highway landscaping is often a DOT job with good benefits so Americans gladly take those jobs.

It's absolute nonsense to think that Americans refuse to do those jobs.

I don't understand how anyone can support illegal immigration. Not only do they take jobs from Americans but illegals are often exploited when it comes to pay and safe working conditions.

Old 10-19-2017, 07:28 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Who do you think did these jobs before we got infested with illegals? Answer --- Americans did them, and guess what? Americans still do those jobs.

Even in immigrant-heavy cities you will see Americans cleaning hotel rooms and working BOH restaurant jobs. Highway landscaping is often a DOT job with good benefits so Americans gladly take those jobs.

It's absolute nonsense to think that Americans refuse to do those jobs.

I don't understand how anyone can support illegal immigration. Not only do they take jobs from Americans but illegals are often exploited when it comes to pay and safe working conditions.
One does not support illegal immigration. One opposes deportation of 11 million people many of whom have lived here for decades. And concentrating on this impossible deportation causes us not to be able to regain control of our immigration system.

So what you are actually doing is keeping the immigration system inoperative under the guise that we will someday due an impossible deportation.

We have found the problem and you folks are it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration