U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 10:29 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,293,735 times

Advertisements

“We are going to do whatever it takes to push both parties to pursue what we are demanding,” said Cristina Jiménez, executive director of United We Dream. “We don’t want a situation where my brother, who has DACA, will have relief from deportation, and we will have more enforcement and more ICE agents who end up going after my mom and my dad.”

On

Cristina: you're pissing off too many people. Tho that might be what it takes to deport you Dream Act people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2017, 10:53 AM

9,210 posts, read 5,384,843 times
Domino effect,
Snowball effect
Give an inch, they take a mile,
Camels nose under the tent,
Slippery slope...

Of course allowing the illegal "dreamers" to stay isn't enough, now their illegal parents, and probably uncles, third cousins, close friend, have to be allowed amnesty too.

Old 10-01-2017, 10:56 AM

9,693 posts, read 5,281,426 times
Yep, this is why I am skeptical of any plans to benefit "dreamers." While I can emphasize with their plight, you very well know that it won't stop with them given the whole "breaking up families" narratives.

Old 10-01-2017, 12:55 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,293,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Domino effect,
Snowball effect
Give an inch, they take a mile,
Camels nose under the tent,
Slippery slope...

Of course allowing the illegal "dreamers" to stay isn't enough, now their illegal parents, and probably uncles, third cousins, close friend, have to be allowed amnesty too.
Agreed tho the dominos are going the OTHER way with more and more people, including some illegal alien fans, saying the Dream Act people have gone too far.

Old 10-01-2017, 01:02 PM

31,543 posts, read 14,591,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
“We are going to do whatever it takes to push both parties to pursue what we are demanding,” said Cristina Jiménez, executive director of United We Dream. “We don’t want a situation where my brother, who has DACA, will have relief from deportation, and we will have more enforcement and more ICE agents who end up going after my mom and my dad.”

On

Cristina: you're pissing off too many people. Tho that might be what it takes to deport you Dream Act people.

Yep, these DACAs are proving me right more and more every day. I knew from the get go that their goal was to to demand that all of their family members here illegally be able to remain here also. It's not just about themselves. I asked them some of them about it in other forums as to why they'd want to remain here while their parents were deported and all I got was silence. They wanted to keep it quiet what their ultimate goal was.

Old 10-01-2017, 01:11 PM

7,606 posts, read 1,760,032 times
The Raise Act should be passed first, which prohibits chain migration from legal immigrants. Very important if DACA people are made legal.

Old 10-02-2017, 08:17 AM

23,603 posts, read 31,169,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post

On

What an entitled twit.

Old 10-02-2017, 09:20 AM

9,811 posts, read 7,121,400 times
If we gave amnesty to every single illegal alien in America today there would be celebrations in the streets well some streets and the end of the Republicans in higher office.

And we all know that tomorrow we would once again have a problem with illegal aliens sneaking in and taking advantage of our generosity.

It would be never ending until America is crushed under the burden and devolves into a third world country and guess what when this once great country is drained dry "they" can go back home but where are we going to go?

Old 10-02-2017, 09:37 AM

2,978 posts, read 779,635 times
This issue will be enough of an excuse to kill DACA entirely and make Trump look clean. He undid Obama's illegal order and kicked back to the house and Senate counting on them to play their usual games and not come up with a deal. DACA ending and more illegals being booted out only help Republicans. The majority of the country wants border control and deportation of illegal aliens.

Old 10-03-2017, 06:40 AM

1,125 posts, read 449,534 times
Yes only the fake polls say the majority want amnesty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration