Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 01:45 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times

Advertisements

Gosh, you could have knocked me over with a feather.

Democratic leader Sen. Richard Durbin confirmed to Breitbart News that the Dream Act amnesty is open-ended and larger than his advertised number of the 780,000 people who have signed up for the DACA amnesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2017, 02:57 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
The LEFT has to hide its true goals, because they know MOST people don't agree with them. Same with gun control. Hillary finally admitted it was bans, and confiscation that was the real goal.

Yes, the LEFT/Dems want OPEN BORDERS, and thus the destruction of our sovereignty as a nation.

Old 10-09-2017, 11:40 PM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
We all knew DACA was a ploy for Open Borders, by the Dems who hate America.

Old 10-10-2017, 07:33 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I don't know about open borders but I knew that the Democrats would want the parents and family of the DACAs here illegally to get amnesty right along with them. On second thought maybe they do want open borders since they are objecting to the wall.

Old 10-10-2017, 07:59 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Open borders is critical for the globalistic agenda: The Dark Agenda Behind Globalism And Open Borders | Zero Hedge Let's face it, those illegal aliens have upteen relatives in their home countries, which I suspect would become an issue once amnesty was awarded to these 3rd world invaders. "Oh, boo-hoo-hoo, grandma from El Salvador has to travel here to see relatives." Grandma is never going home.

Please learn about what globalism is and how the left is pushing this agenda which will take away everything we and our ancestors have worked and died for. Say "NO" to the elite!

We all knew this DACA crap was a foot in the door for these 3rd world invaders. These DACA are supposed to be superior individuals, highly educated, etc. and those 3rd world dumps they came from can use people like this to move their own countries forward. We have our own citizens who are superior individuals, highly educated, etc. and not being given breaks because of their legal status and/or minority status. Send them home, DACA and all their illegal aliens with anchor babies in tow.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:50 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Open borders is critical for the globalistic agenda: The Dark Agenda Behind Globalism And Open Borders | Zero Hedge Let's face it, those illegal aliens have upteen relatives in their home countries, which I suspect would become an issue once amnesty was awarded to these 3rd world invaders. "Oh, boo-hoo-hoo, grandma from El Salvador has to travel here to see relatives." Grandma is never going home.

Please learn about what globalism is and how the left is pushing this agenda which will take away everything we and our ancestors have worked and died for. Say "NO" to the elite!

We all knew this DACA crap was a foot in the door for these 3rd world invaders. These DACA are supposed to be superior individuals, highly educated, etc. and those 3rd world dumps they came from can use people like this to move their own countries forward. We have our own citizens who are superior individuals, highly educated, etc. and not being given breaks because of their legal status and/or minority status. Send them home, DACA and all their illegal aliens with anchor babies in tow.

This is the one thing that is irritating me about Trump right now. In his immigration proposal he is willing to give the Democrats their DACA amnesty if they give him what he wants. Compromise is ok under certain circumstances but I don't agree with this at all. That's too much of a compromise. That will put 800,000 (if that's the actual number) DACAs in direct competition for jobs and resources against Americans. We cannot afford that, it sets a precedence that all you have to do is bring your kids over the border illegally and they will be home free and it rewards their parents for doing so. Trump promised during his campaign that all illegals would be deported (voluntarily or involuntarily) including the DACAs. These DACAs are also demanding that their parents and other family members here illegally get to stay also.

Old 10-10-2017, 02:01 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
This is the one thing that is irritating me about Trump right now. In his immigration proposal he is willing to give the Democrats their DACA amnesty if they give him what he wants. Compromise is ok under certain circumstances but I don't agree with this at all. That's too much of a compromise. That will put 800,000 (if that's the actual number) DACAs in direct competition for jobs and resources against Americans. We cannot afford that, it sets a precedence that all you have to do is bring your kids over the border illegally and they will be home free and it rewards their parents for doing so. Trump promised during his campaign that all illegals would be deported (voluntarily or involuntarily) including the DACAs. These DACAs are also demanding that their parents and other family members here illegally get to stay also.
I agree 100%. No deals on amnesty at all,no "foot in the door". The only FAIR thing to do is send them all "home". This picking and choosing who deserves to be above the law is already out of hand.

My hope is that Congress cannot agree on this and it dies a quiet death as we start to apprehend, detain and deport ALL illegal aliens as promised by Trump in his campaign. I have no issue with prioritizing and taking the worst first, but when they come across one that is easy catch - bye-bye!

Old 10-10-2017, 06:30 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times
Quote:
what was the plan get Trump elected so he can give a GOP controlled congress a deadline, so they can pass amnesty? is that your theory

Old 10-10-2017, 06:45 PM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
what was the plan get Trump elected so he can give a GOP controlled congress a deadline, so they can pass amnesty? is that your theory
I think he hoped it would pass, as he made a very reasonable offer. I do think that for the good of the nation, he should not offer anything more. Just let 5 months pass, start deporting Dreamers. Insure there is a penalty so next time the minority accepts the deal immediately.

Old 10-11-2017, 10:10 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times
Quote:
I think he hoped it would pass, as he made a very reasonable offer. I do think that for the good of the nation, he should not offer anything more. Just let 5 months pass, start deporting Dreamers. Insure there is a penalty so next time the minority accepts the deal immediately.
What was his offer? Assuming we are talking about Trump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration