U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 07:44 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times

Advertisements

Born in Morelia, in Mexico’s central Michoacán state, a place especially hard-hit by the country’s drug war, she was brought to De Kalb County, Ga., as a child. Cambrón grew up as an undocumented immigrant, one of an estimated 11.3 million. She graduated from Cross Keys and earned a studio art degree in 2014.

She’s now deep into her third year teaching art at her alma mater.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...isk/752082001/

My kids?

You Dream Act people just need to leave the US. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2017, 07:07 AM

31,471 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Why didn't she move to a safer place in Mexico instead of coming here illegally? I look at it this way that's 20,000 teacher positions that would open up for Americans if DACA ends. The only reason that there is a demand for teachers who speak Spanish is because of people like her that are coming here in droves from south of our border illegally. Not a justification to hire them over English speaking American teachers.

Old 10-12-2017, 07:25 AM

8,063 posts, read 3,621,800 times
The Fact is Illegals never go thru the process and wait for something free. Its sd they do not lift finger to become at least a register alien and their non-decision affects their children and thus we have DACA.
It time to clean the plate and deport all of them including the Families.

Even if we have merit based immigration, many of these would be Americans (but not) would even get a green card. Plus the terms and conditions of Visa Holders is clear and if violated you will be asked to leave or deported. Its is clearly their choice.

Deport and Leave ! American's are tired of supporting these activities and DACA Locus.

Just Go!

Old 10-12-2017, 07:31 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,062,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why didn't she move to a safer place in Mexico instead of coming here illegally? I look at it this way that's 20,000 teacher positions that would open up for Americans if DACA ends. The only reason that there is a demand for teachers who speak Spanish is because of people like her that are coming here in droves from south of our border illegally. Not a justification to hire them over English speaking American teachers.
Exactly! With DACA gone and their brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers, cousins, aunts, uncles all here illegally get the boot back home, we will need a lot less teachers. Our citizens are having 1 or 2 kids when they support their own, illegal aliens are having the magic #4 kids. Math is pretty simple there! Decreasing English As A Second Language will free up special education funding for our citizen children with special needs.

Yesterday, I called the Civil Rights Commission on a pending case, and before you could get an extension, you had to listen to a whole bunch of information in English, and then, without the Press "1" or "2", I get the whole thing in Spanish. I think the Medicaid handbook is available in 12 or more languages.

Old 10-12-2017, 08:05 AM

5,762 posts, read 2,958,186 times
Mexicans need to stop running away from their country's problems and instead work to reform their country.

Old 10-12-2017, 03:33 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,062,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Mexicans need to stop running away from their country's problems and instead work to reform their country.
Well, some are fugitives having committed crimes in their country and run here to escape prosecution. Seems like a good choice for them the way things are going here.

DACA are supposed to be glowing examples, bright and energetic, etc., so these will be the people who can start the movement. Let the illegals take their protests for rights to their own country.

Old 10-12-2017, 04:32 PM

2,215 posts, read 637,111 times
20,000 ? Geeze..do you know how many Americans graduate with education degrees and have to substitute because they can't get full time teaching jobs ?

Old 10-12-2017, 05:40 PM

5,768 posts, read 3,093,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
20,000 ? Geeze..do you know how many Americans graduate with education degrees and have to substitute because they can't get full time teaching jobs ?
The wife of a friend had a lot of trouble finding a job when she elected to return to teaching after spending some years at home with her children. She was repeatedly told Spanish-speaking applicants were preferred. Love how an American citizen is told she'd better learn another language (and no, it doesn't mean bi-lingual, Vietnamese wouldn't have done) if she wants a job.

Old 10-12-2017, 06:17 PM

5,644 posts, read 3,194,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
All I can say is you are crazy. I worked in South Florida schools as a Teacher's Assistant, as someone of British/Irish heritage who took 4 years of voluntary HS Spanish decades ago. We had Translators in the schools. One "American" classroom teacher I worked with did not speak Spanish and never took a course in it in school, despite working in a school with majority Hispanic students. She wanted to call in Translators to speak with Parents. I found MYSELF acting as a translator for the parents with my limited Spanish knowledge. Should I have SHUT UP and not used my limited Spanish to help these parents? I was never asked as a requirement for my job if I spoke Spanish, but I can tell you that the school translators were very grateful for staff with any knowledge of Spanish. Do you also think that US schools should not require a Foreign Language be required for Graduation? ENGLISH Only is enough for Education? Or is it only Spanish which should not be taught?

Old Glory, you would probably be horrified at how many of these kids had American Anglo Blue Eyed Blond Mothers. What is your solution to that? Go back to the good old days when"interracial" intercourse and marriage was a crime?

Old 10-12-2017, 07:03 PM

31,471 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
All I can say is you are crazy. I worked in South Florida schools as a Teacher's Assistant, as someone of British/Irish heritage who took 4 years of voluntary HS Spanish decades ago. We had Translators in the schools. One "American" classroom teacher I worked with did not speak Spanish and never took a course in it in school, despite working in a school with majority Hispanic students. She wanted to call in Translators to speak with Parents. I found MYSELF acting as a translator for the parents with my limited Spanish knowledge. Should I have SHUT UP and not used my limited Spanish to help these parents? I was never asked as a requirement for my job if I spoke Spanish, but I can tell you that the school translators were very grateful for staff with any knowledge of Spanish. Do you also think that US schools should not require a Foreign Language be required for Graduation? ENGLISH Only is enough for Education? Or is it only Spanish which should not be taught?

Old Glory, you would probably be horrified at how many of these kids had American Anglo Blue Eyed Blond Mothers. What is your solution to that? Go back to the good old days when"interracial" intercourse and marriage was a crime?

No, I'm not crazy they are the facts. The demand for Spanish speakers is directly due to illegal immigration. What does someone's hair and eye color have to do with this? We are speaking about language not someone's racial composition or looks. I never made any comments that I have a problem with interracial marriage because I don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or