Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 09:29 PM

13,246 posts, read 7,304,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Deportation. Build the wall. They come here and immediately start dropping anchors at the taxpayers' expense. Or we could properly define the 14th Amendment.
What will a wall do that's a joke they will just tunnel under go around it do you know how many illegals just drive though check points hidden in trucks lot just over stay their visa.

Until you stop business from hiring them, and change the 14th amendment nothing is going to stop them. The home building industry spends millions on lobbyist to keep illegals working for them by stripping laws like E-verify of any penalty against business who get caught hiring them.

In my home state the sub contractor framing business's which used to be owned by Americans is now owned by illegal's who ran Americans out of business by under bidding them with the use of illegal labor these were the so called jobs that no one wanted. The home builders greedy so they don't mind sub contracting law breaking companies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
No, finish the wall.
See above statement walls are useless most illegals over stay they visa's.
If you want to actually read something which goes into detail why a wall won't work read this
https://www.cato.org/publications/co...wall-wont-work

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinbro2002 View Post
No I believe I made that abundantly clear. An irresponsible person's bad decisions should not be paid for with my tax dollars
You will pay because the person who is born inside America is now an American and is entitled the same benefits you are entitled so again pay $1000 abortion or pay $43000 a year for 18 years? I don't see anyone trying to change the 14th amendment the GOP doesn't care about it why do you think that is? They want to stop abortions but they don't mind having tax payers pay for 18 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2017, 12:10 PM

25,957 posts, read 22,107,325 times
The 14th Amendment does not need to be changed, it is very clear on who is and is not an American citizen. A baby born to parents that do not owe allegiance to the USA is not a citizen. Anchor babies, birthright citizenship, and the 14th Amendment | immigration resources reference issues

Medicaid doesn't pay for abortions for US citizens (I don't want to contribute to the death of a child), so why should illegal aliens who planned to drop an anchor and found out instead they were headed home be entitled to anything other than a bus ticket home! In the case of those that are pregnant, they exit should be expedited for their physical well-being!

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 11-14-2017 at 12:19 PM..

Old 11-14-2017, 12:25 PM

62,933 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
What will a wall do that's a joke they will just tunnel under go around it do you know how many illegals just drive though check points hidden in trucks lot just over stay their visa.

Until you stop business from hiring them, and change the 14th amendment nothing is going to stop them. The home building industry spends millions on lobbyist to keep illegals working for them by stripping laws like E-verify of any penalty against business who get caught hiring them.

In my home state the sub contractor framing business's which used to be owned by Americans is now owned by illegal's who ran Americans out of business by under bidding them with the use of illegal labor these were the so called jobs that no one wanted. The home builders greedy so they don't mind sub contracting law breaking companies.

If you want to actually read something which goes into detail why a wall won't work read this

You will pay because the person who is born inside America is now an American and is entitled the same benefits you are entitled so again pay $1000 abortion or pay $43000 a year for 18 years? I don't see anyone trying to change the 14th amendment the GOP doesn't care about it why do you think that is? They want to stop abortions but they don't mind having tax payers pay for 18 years.

It's not just some GOP sell outs that don't want to re-visit the misinterpretation of the 14th Amendment but it is mostly the Democrats that don't. GOP'ers have tried to get it changed in the past. It's also the Democrats that don't want e-verify.

As for the wall. Walls do work. Where the good walls have already been erected they have been very effective. Criminals and terrorists aren't looking for jobs or to birth babies on our soil, thus one of the reasons for the wall. No, most illegals have been border jumpers not visa over stayers.

Where U.S.-Mexico border fence is tall, it works

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...toryId=5323928

Old 12-01-2017, 09:34 PM

424 posts, read 467,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post

True, all of it. I'm a liberal who voted for Trump in the election because he promised to do something about this problem that's killing poor Americans, though I think the easiest way to handle this would be business-death sanctions on employers and extremely nasty fines on individuals for the use of illegal labor. If you dry up the demand, the supply will disappear as well.

The wall was great rhetoric and it was effective in that it got people out to vote. I'll take what I can get, haha. But again, the practical though less sexy solution is simply to hammer those driving the demand. It's also the just thing to do.

Old 12-01-2017, 09:48 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,645,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Wrong. The girl (or her parents) paid for the procedure after a one week battle with the Trump administration. It's just like Republicans to claim they are so concerned about human life but then they will block every attempt for a woman to have access to a safe abortion and remove insurance coverage for contraception, defund Planned Parenthood, reduce Medicaid and SNAP budgets, and close abortion clinics.

'Jane Doe' Immigrant Has Abortion In Texas, After Battle With Trump Administration : The Two-Way : NPR
I think you might be wrong about one thing. This girl could still have a safe abortion. By paying for it herself or having another family member pay for it, which is what seems to have happened here. What I don't understand is why you think the tax payers should pay the bill for this girl to abort her child. Why should we do that? When do we start expecting people to take a little personal responsibility for their actions? Why do people like you seem to think abortions and contraceptives should be free of charge? If you want to have sex, and you want to try and prevent pregnancy, you go and buy a pack of condoms. Or you make a doctor's appointment and you pay for some other form of contraceptive. And then, if those don't work and you end up with a baby on the way, and just feel you have to be rid of it, then YOU pay for the abortion. Personal responsibility. If you are old enough to choose to have a sex life, then you are also old enough to assume responsibility for whatever outcomes your sex life may bring about. It is not my or any other tax payer's responsibility to provide an out for these individuals. If you are going to make these sorts of choices, then you should be prepared for the consequences and deal with them yourself.

PS. People must be held responsible for their own actions. Constantly bailing people out only serves to enable future generations to behave in the same way.

Old 12-02-2017, 07:00 AM

62,933 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket View Post
True, all of it. I'm a liberal who voted for Trump in the election because he promised to do something about this problem that's killing poor Americans, though I think the easiest way to handle this would be business-death sanctions on employers and extremely nasty fines on individuals for the use of illegal labor. If you dry up the demand, the supply will disappear as well.

The wall was great rhetoric and it was effective in that it got people out to vote. I'll take what I can get, haha. But again, the practical though less sexy solution is simply to hammer those driving the demand. It's also the just thing to do.

Please read my post #33.

Old 12-02-2017, 07:02 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
Abortion is fine, I rather not pay for their children's expenses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration