Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2017, 01:33 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times

Advertisements

Border patrol rescued these illegal aliens that got stuck in a storm drain:

Border Patrol rescues illegal immigrants stuck in storm drains underground | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2017, 04:22 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
This reminds me of something that happened some years back near where I live. Someone found an illegal that was drunk and passed out in a storm drain. He, too, got arrested.

Old 12-07-2017, 07:36 AM

As I have said in the past, those that oppose securing the border are partially responsible for things like this. They don't realize the horrors that some go through as illegal aliens, and we encourage this by not doing our part in securing the border. After watching illegal aliens and how they live here for 5 years now up close, I believe that many will welcome an excuse to go "home". I think many are expected to come here, make money and send it home despite the conditions that they work/live under.

Old 12-07-2017, 08:20 AM

78,412 posts, read 60,593,823 times
I saw this in Vegas at a park near the airport. They have some big gaping drains and a lot of homeless, I'm sure lots of them live in the sewers.

Would have to be pretty careful not to end up drowned in a flash flood there.

Old 12-07-2017, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I saw this in Vegas at a park near the airport. They have some big gaping drains and a lot of homeless, I'm sure lots of them live in the sewers.

Would have to be pretty careful not to end up drowned in a flash flood there.
Yes, we lived in southern AZ during the monsoons, so I know exactly what you are talking about. Traveling when it was dry, dehydrate to death, either way, the coyote still gets paid.

Old 12-07-2017, 09:41 AM

24,490 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
As I have said in the past, those that oppose securing the border are partially responsible for things like this. They don't realize the horrors that some go through as illegal aliens, and we encourage this by not doing our part in securing the border. After watching illegal aliens and how they live here for 5 years now up close, I believe that many will welcome an excuse to go "home". I think many are expected to come here, make money and send it home despite the conditions that they work/live under.

I agree. Obama caused much suffering from the people who choose to make the dangerous trek through the desert to get here when he put down the welcome mat for them.
People literally risked their lives to get here and they were subjected to human traffickers that stole from them, abused and raped and held them hostage until someone in the states would pay for their release.
It is a terrible business.

Old 12-07-2017, 09:49 AM

4,796 posts, read 2,801,052 times
Default Making the eagle scream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I agree. Obama caused much suffering from the people who choose to make the dangerous trek through the desert to get here when he put down the welcome mat for them.
People literally risked their lives to get here and they were subjected to human traffickers that stole from them, abused and raped and held them hostage until someone in the states would pay for their release.
It is a terrible business.
Exactly. Smuggling people into the US is a criminal enterprise - like being a pimp or running drugs - & the most money goes to the most depraved, brutal criminals. The coyotes basically have the power of life or death over their charges, & they're determined to get every last centavo they can out of their assets.

Old 12-07-2017, 11:45 AM

1,184 posts, read 720,505 times
Pennywise was like I got a greencard for ya

Old 12-07-2017, 03:47 PM

24,490 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
Exactly. Smuggling people into the US is a criminal enterprise - like being a pimp or running drugs - & the most money goes to the most depraved, brutal criminals. The coyotes basically have the power of life or death over their charges, & they're determined to get every last centavo they can out of their assets.

and what is really sad is how angry people are at Trump for suggesting that we build a wall that would prevent many from attempting the dangerous journey knowing that they will have a hard time getting through and if they do they will be caught and sent packing.

The wall should not be seen as a prevention device but more of a protection device that protects the people on the inside and the outside.

The wall would save lives.

Just ask the family of Kate Stienle.

Old 12-07-2017, 05:55 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Seems like a good place for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration