U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 12:29 PM

1,814 posts, read 1,965,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I knew it would eventually come out of the few who support illegal immigration - they do so in order to exploit them. Lovely. I wonder what our colleges are teaching these days, if pro-illegals have this holier-than-thou attitude and think its a-ok to use human beings like a commodity.
I think it is more than okay to treat human beings like human beings and that includes Illegal Aliens and if that means that I am pro illegal, so be it. And you would be amazed to know how many support their cause. I also don't have the feeling that your concern is how illegals are exploited, most people i know think they should be treated humane and so do I
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2008, 12:30 PM

3,712 posts, read 4,128,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOGIC View Post
They will probably give them more money. They are so afraid to turn them down.
Absolutely. I believe this money runs out in Sept. 2008. The gubmint will immediately provide another $1 billion or more from 'Medicare' funds to cover the costs of caring for illegal aliens. Were federal, state and local govs. not to come up with this cash, even more hospitals would be forced to close, shut down their ER's, close OB units, etc...... But then people might realize the actual extent of the burden illegal aliens place on the US healthcare system. And we can't let THAT happen, now can we?

Old 03-31-2008, 12:34 PM

15,181 posts, read 10,189,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Why should the ones with the high incomes have to downsize their lifestyle.
They went to college to get their degrees for their professions. It is not their jobs the illegals are taking. The illegals are taking the low skilled jobs.
It does not take a lot of skill to work in the fields or pound a few nails. So no I don't think they should have to give up their suv, cable or anything else, they are paying for it so they deserve it. JMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear
If said 'hectic' people cannot afford to pay at least minimum wage for US citizen/green card holder help.......the former group need to 'downsize' their lifestyle------if it means getting rid of the fancy SUV, cable TV, etc.

Harsh I know but also reality.
My interpretation of ArizonaBear's post is NOT that illegals are taking THEIR (professionals) jobs; rather, that if these individuals cannot afford to pay AT LEAST minimum wages -- thus hiring 'legal' workers -- they are perhaps living above their means.

Old 03-31-2008, 12:35 PM

9,758 posts, read 13,699,387 times
Quote:
I think it is more than okay to treat human beings like human beings and that includes Illegal Aliens and if that means that I am pro illegal, so be it. And you would be amazed to know how many support their cause. I also don't have the feeling that your concern is how illegals are exploited, most people i know think they should be treated humane and so do I
Whatever it takes to sleep at night - keep chanting your mantra. It's still endorsing exploitation.

Old 03-31-2008, 12:45 PM

15,181 posts, read 10,189,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Absolutely. I believe this money runs out in Sept. 2008. The gubmint will immediately provide another $1 billion or more from 'Medicare' funds to cover the costs of caring for illegal aliens. Were federal, state and local govs. not to come up with this cash, even more hospitals would be forced to close, shut down their ER's, close OB units, etc...... But then people might realize the actual extent of the burden illegal aliens place on the US healthcare system. And we can't let THAT happen, now can we?
Perish the thought! But don't forget -- according to pro-illegals.... they are much too afraid to seek medical treatment. They would have to 'come out of the shadows' to do that.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:53 PM

21,157 posts, read 26,433,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
My interpretation of ArizonaBear's post is NOT that illegals are taking THEIR (professionals) jobs; rather, that if these individuals cannot afford to pay AT LEAST minimum wages -- thus hiring 'legal' workers -- they are perhaps living above their means.
BINGO!

And; if I catch sassyone's inference, maybe said alleged 'high income' individuals are not as well off as they want the world to think.

Having lived in both Tucson as well as the Phx area; I know for a fact that the former area's wages for skilled trades people are significantly lower than Phx----------and, the cost of living is comparable.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:18 PM

1,267 posts, read 99,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If said 'hectic' people cannot afford to pay at least minimum wage for US citizen/green card holder help.......the former group need to 'downsize' their lifestyle------if it means getting rid of the fancy SUV, cable TV, etc.

Harsh I know but also reality.
Thats not the point, they probably can. He's calling them LAZY for not doing it themselves.

Old 03-31-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
BINGO!

And; if I catch sassyone's inference, maybe said alleged 'high income' individuals are not as well off as they want the world to think.

Having lived in both Tucson as well as the Phx area; I know for a fact that the former area's wages for skilled trades people are significantly lower than Phx----------and, the cost of living is comparable.
I think you need to go back and read my post, you are way off.

here it is for you.
Originally Posted by sassyone
Why should the ones with the high incomes have to downsize their lifestyle.
They went to college to get their degrees for their professions. It is not their jobs the illegals are taking. The illegals are taking the low skilled jobs.
It does not take a lot of skill to work in the fields or pound a few nails. So no I don't think they should have to give up their suv, cable or anything else, they are paying for it so they deserve it. JMO

Old 03-31-2008, 02:48 PM

As far as medical help, did you know that there are doctors and nurses willing to give medical attention to the Illegal migrants for no pay, now is that calling them pro illegal,
I call it pretty humane to spend their off time to help someone in distress.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:59 PM

4,150 posts, read 4,782,106 times
Quote:
As far as medical help, did you know that there are doctors and nurses willing to give medical attention to the Illegal migrants for no pay, now is that calling them pro illegal,
I call it pretty humane to spend their off time to help someone in distress.
I'm not sure I understand your post. ALL doctors should be willing to give medical attention to ANYONE with an urgent medical condition. It doesn't matter who they are or how much they can pay. And it doesn't matter if they are on duty or off duty. It still costs somebody money though. The hospital, the doctor, the taxpayers. Just because I will obey my oath does not mean that I dont believe the costs should be to some other country's hospitals, doctors, and taxpayers. 10% of my time is spent giving free care to poor people, and I feel very good about it. It would be nice if ALL Americans were taken care of though. If resources were not diverted to citizens of other countries, we could take better care of our own citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration