U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-20-2008, 03:00 PM
 
15 posts, read 29,124 times
Reputation: 16

Advertisements

Take a look at your family history. Where am I from?What am I? Are you an American. The bottom line is that 99% of all of you have a story that starts with When my farthers,farther Greatgrand farther came to this country. the bottom line is that most all of you came from a place not America. In America was the Mexican Indians, and the American Indians were here.So I ask who are the real illegal immigrats?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-20-2008, 03:38 PM
 
Location: Helsinki, Finland
15 posts, read 19,605 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by samspade1116 View Post
Take a look at your family history. Where am I from?What am I? Are you an American. The bottom line is that 99% of all of you have a story that starts with When my farthers,farther Greatgrand farther came to this country. the bottom line is that most all of you came from a place not America. In America was the Mexican Indians, and the American Indians were here.So I ask who are the real illegal immigrats?
Are you just stating the obvious, or perhaps implying something? E.g. that all the willing should be granted the right to immigrate to U.S.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2008, 03:40 PM
 
Location: Rural Central Texas
3,581 posts, read 9,000,834 times
Reputation: 5402
Given enough of a historical scope, even the indigneous peoples came here from somewhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2008, 04:14 PM
 
3,698 posts, read 9,982,342 times
Reputation: 2593
There are no indigenous humans in the Americas. The correct term is aborigine, since they were the first of their kind even though they weren't indigenous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2008, 04:26 PM
 
Location: Northern VA (for now)
23,000 posts, read 31,942,334 times
Reputation: 30377
Quote:
Originally Posted by samspade1116 View Post
Take a look at your family history. Where am I from?What am I? Are you an American. The bottom line is that 99% of all of you have a story that starts with When my farthers,farther Greatgrand farther came to this country. the bottom line is that most all of you came from a place not America. In America was the Mexican Indians, and the American Indians were here.So I ask who are the real illegal immigrats?
not me. I come from native american hertiage (Cherokee to be exact) and africans were brought here with consent (and a little force) of the government that was in place at that time.

If that aint enough for you i have a authentic SSN card and an authentic birth certificate from Shaw AFB in South Carolina.

Last edited by The Dissenter; 03-20-2008 at 04:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2008, 04:26 PM
 
226 posts, read 268,773 times
Reputation: 93
That is the most ridiculous thing I have heard. I was born here in America as well as my parents. Nice try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2008, 04:38 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by samspade1116 View Post
Take a look at your family history. Where am I from?What am I? Are you an American. The bottom line is that 99% of all of you have a story that starts with When my farthers,farther Greatgrand farther came to this country. the bottom line is that most all of you came from a place not America. In America was the Mexican Indians, and the American Indians were here.So I ask who are the real illegal immigrats?
Here we go again…….

For the umpteenth time –- the United States of America is a sovereign nation. Our forefathers fought and died to ‘earn’ the right to establish this nation. As such, we have the right to dictate who is, and who is not, a ‘legal’ citizen. We are ALL aware of the fact that ‘others’ resided on this land hundreds of years ago. During that period, it was NOT the United States. Today, in the year 2008, it IS the United States –- again, a sovereign nation.

We have immigration laws, just as EVERY country in the world. We ‘legally’ welcome more immigrants into this country than ALL of the other countries COMBINED.

Those who have chosen to circumvent our immigration laws by overstaying visas, or entering our country in violation of said laws, are -- “illegal aliens.” Why is this so difficult to grasp? Do you grant strangers access to your home without your permission?

As in any conflict (war/battle) –- there are winners and losers. We won! Get over it!

And yes –- I AM AN AMERICAN -- I have a ‘legal’ Pennsylvania birth certificate as proof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2008, 06:18 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by samspade1116 View Post
Take a look at your family history. Where am I from?What am I? Are you an American. The bottom line is that 99% of all of you have a story that starts with When my farthers,farther Greatgrand farther came to this country. the bottom line is that most all of you came from a place not America. In America was the Mexican Indians, and the American Indians were here.So I ask who are the real illegal immigrats?
That same implied argument can be applied to Mexico, Great Britain, Spain, and any other modern country in the world-------all of us stem from Africa ca. 60K years ago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2008, 06:47 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,610,630 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Here we go again…….

For the umpteenth time –- the United States of America is a sovereign nation. Our forefathers fought and died to ‘earn’ the right to establish this nation. As such, we have the right to dictate who is, and who is not, a ‘legal’ citizen. We are ALL aware of the fact that ‘others’ resided on this land hundreds of years ago. During that period, it was NOT the United States. Today, in the year 2008, it IS the United States –- again, a sovereign nation.

We have immigration laws, just as EVERY country in the world. We ‘legally’ welcome more immigrants into this country than ALL of the other countries COMBINED.

Those who have chosen to circumvent our immigration laws by overstaying visas, or entering our country in violation of said laws, are -- “illegal aliens.” Why is this so difficult to grasp? Do you grant strangers access to your home without your permission?

As in any conflict (war/battle) –- there are winners and losers. We won! Get over it!

And yes –- I AM AN AMERICAN -- I have a ‘legal’ Pennsylvania birth certificate as proof.
Same tired cycle..as you say, for the "umpteenth time". And for the umpteenth time, I'll once again remind ALL of us that this silly argument is taking place ONLY because America is a "post-Protestant, Christian-based but now secular, democratic, liberal society", and as such, we bear a "societal guilt". Anyone, anywhere, can accuse us of ANYTHING, and we'll 'listen', respond, and 'feel bad'...in fact, we'll HELP them criticize us !

The reason OTHER nations aren't being 'raked over the coals' like us is NOT because they're 'better'...many, in fact, are guilty of horrible atrocities, some in recent times..and few have done ANYTHING like the 'good works' America has done....no, that's not why they aren't being criticized. These nations aren't being criticized, because they don't CARE what you, or I, or anyone ELSE thinks of them...even their own people.

So we don't criticize them, knowing that to do so would be a massive waste of time. They'd just 'yawn'. It's FAR more fun to criticize America...they'll listen, and they'll feel 'guilty'...and who knows? If you're LUCKY, they might even send you MONEY..or let you LIVE here.

We're just "suckers" for guilt, I guess....call us a "bunch of old 'softies' "...no WONDER we're 'hated'....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2008, 07:23 PM
 
1,448 posts, read 2,657,730 times
Reputation: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Same tired cycle..as you say, for the "umpteenth time". And for the umpteenth time, I'll once again remind ALL of us that this silly argument is taking place ONLY because America is a "post-Protestant, Christian-based but now secular, democratic, liberal society", and as such, we bear a "societal guilt". Anyone, anywhere, can accuse us of ANYTHING, and we'll 'listen', respond, and 'feel bad'...in fact, we'll HELP them criticize us !

The reason OTHER nations aren't being 'raked over the coals' like us is NOT because they're 'better'...many, in fact, are guilty of horrible atrocities, some in recent times..and few have done ANYTHING like the 'good works' America has done....no, that's not why they aren't being criticized. These nations aren't being criticized, because they don't CARE what you, or I, or anyone ELSE thinks of them...even their own people.

So we don't criticize them, knowing that to do so would be a massive waste of time. They'd just 'yawn'. It's FAR more fun to criticize America...they'll listen, and they'll feel 'guilty'...and who knows? If you're LUCKY, they might even send you MONEY..or let you LIVE here.

We're just "suckers" for guilt, I guess....call us a "bunch of old 'softies' "...no WONDER we're 'hated'....
Quote:
Codependency personality disorder is a condition in which a person focuses on by living through or for another person, attempting to control the actions of others, attempting to "fix" others, feeling an obsessive need to take care of others, and feeling intense anxiety about the well-being of another person, while feeling victimized and secretly blaming the other person for life's unhappinesses.
Sound familar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top