Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 07:15 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
I don't care that you don't have sympathy, you are still barking up the wrong tree. It is corporation vs worker FROM EVERYWHERE, whose rights are being dismantled and exploited for the sake of shareholders.

Never disagreed with that but securing our border, mandating e-verify, ending birthright citizenship for illegal's kids and benefits will certainly help curb that problem. As I said, no one drags these illegals over the border to allow themselves to be exploited by the greedy employers. It's not usually large corporations that hire illegal aliens anyway but mid-sized and small businesses.

As for rewarding millions of illegal aliens with amnesty that's out of the question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2017, 09:40 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
How about just listening instead of going on and on repeating the same. If I wanted to repeat the same thing I would just quote myself.

Listen, to what, exactly? Sob stories from illegal aliens? Messages from pro open borders types?

Let me ask you something --- Have you seen your community and schools get destroyed by illegal aliens? Do you have any idea as to what it is like? It's easy to be critical of those of us who have experienced that when you've never seen the deleterious effects yourself.

I assume that you have moved several illegal aliens into your own home and are feeding, clothing, sheltering and paying for their medical care. Correct?

No one forces illegal aliens to sneak into this country or overstay a visa.

Not all illegal aliens come from third world countries. In the past ICE has deported illegal aliens back to 189 different countries. 189 different countries covers first, second and third world countries. It also covers every race, religion and ethnicity.

All illegal aliens have one thing in common and that is this --- they have no business being here and need to leave. Period.

Old 12-29-2017, 06:05 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
I don't care that you don't have sympathy, you are still barking up the wrong tree. It is corporation vs worker FROM EVERYWHERE, whose rights are being dismantled and exploited for the sake of shareholders.
So you think the majority of illegals work for big corporations?

Old 12-29-2017, 08:10 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
So you think the majority of illegals work for big corporations?
Many do.

The minute that a big corporation is nationalized, its executives put in prison, and their assets confiscated, illegal immigration would be down to a trickle.

As I said earlier in this thread I highly doubt this would have to be done more than once.

Old 12-29-2017, 10:25 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Per the bolded --- you were doing fine until you said that. What an insulting remark!

It's been mentioned many times that when Bill Clinton was president he had a wall built on the San Diego/Tijuana border. That wall has drastically cut down on crime and illegal crossings.

Not all who sneak across the border are just looking for jobs. Many come in with the intention of harming others. Read the stories told by those who live on the southern border. Many talk about living in fear and feeling helpless due to the stream of illegals coming through and the problems they cause. Did you know that illegals have dumped tons of trash on fragile desert eco-systems? Some ranchers have had livestock die because of eating plastic trash that illegals dumped on their land. Some of them have had their dogs killed. The only thing the dogs did was bark at the intruders.

BP agents have been attacked and injured by illegals

Do you lock your door when you leave your home? Or do only "rubes" do that?

A very valid point, however, why just go after the Mexicans? Most illegals come here by planees, boats, and are trafficked by the truck load. One expensive partial wall will only stop a handful compared to who comes into our country illegally. So yes, I stand by my statement. Stop the incentive to come, stop the migration. Do you honestly think a wall is going to stop the illegal Chinese, Haitians, Indians, Filipinos African's, and Hispanics or do you think they will find another way?

I understand why the boarder people want a wall, I probably would too, but lets address the whole issue of illegals and not a specific small portion. But hey, Trump fed his base some red meat with that wall rhetoric and they ate it up. A vote is a vote. Look into his H1B program for Mar-A-Lago and you have the answer as to why the 1% continue to support the invasion.

(Actually we both went to work on the midnight shift and left our front door open years ago. I came home in the morning and thought we had been robbed. I crept up and tried to open the screen door and it was still locked. We live in Mayberry so the doors are frequently left unlocked.)

Old 12-29-2017, 12:09 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
A very valid point, however, why just go after the Mexicans? Most illegals come here by planees, boats, and are trafficked by the truck load. One expensive partial wall will only stop a handful compared to who comes into our country illegally. So yes, I stand by my statement. Stop the incentive to come, stop the migration. Do you honestly think a wall is going to stop the illegal Chinese, Haitians, Indians, Filipinos African's, and Hispanics or do you think they will find another way?

I understand why the boarder people want a wall, I probably would too, but lets address the whole issue of illegals and not a specific small portion. But hey, Trump fed his base some red meat with that wall rhetoric and they ate it up. A vote is a vote. Look into his H1B program for Mar-A-Lago and you have the answer as to why the 1% continue to support the invasion.

(Actually we both went to work on the midnight shift and left our front door open years ago. I came home in the morning and thought we had been robbed. I crept up and tried to open the screen door and it was still locked. We live in Mayberry so the doors are frequently left unlocked.)

Um no, most illegal aliens are from south of our border and merely jumped our border. Visa over stayers are only 40% of illegals. Who said we only want to go after Mexicans even though they are the largest group here illegally?

Do I need to post the links once again how the good walls already erected stopped a huge number of illegal aliens from entering, not just a handful? The wall will stop the majority from south of our border whom as I said make up the majority of illegal aliens. So who's only addressing only a small portion based on that fact? As for visa over stayers that will just have to be addressed in a different manner.

Red meat? Is that who we are that want an already "proven to work" wall, finished? How is wanting our border secured "red meat"? Are you saying that only Trump supporters want a secure border?

In many areas of the U.S. it's not safe to keep your door unlocked and again why do most have walls around their homes and businesses? Are you really that naïve?

Old 12-29-2017, 12:15 PM

No one is "just [going] after Mexicans". Not every illegal who sneaks across the border is a Mexican. In fact, so many are not Mexican that the government has a term for them "OTM" which means "other than Mexican". And, yes, plenty of "illegal Chinese, Haitians, Indians, Filipinos African's[sic] and Hispanics" have sneaked across the southern border. How does it happen? They fly to Mexico and hire coyotes.

While a wall won't stop those who overstay visas, it not only will, but has, stopped many from coming. Did you miss where I said the wall Bill Clinton built at the San Diego/Tijuana border has drastically cut down on crime and illegal crossings?

Even in "Mayberry" leaving your door unlocked is never a good thing. Someone passing through town could come in and rob your place.

Do some research. Read up on what life is like for those who live along the border. Read up on BP agents that have been attacked, even killed, by illegals. Read up on all the trash illegals dump on fragile desert eco-systems.

Trump didn't use the H1-B visa program at Mar-a-Lago. He used the H2 guest worker program. So, yes, I have looked into it. Most Americans aren't looking for seasonal work. They are looking for year round employment.

Old 12-29-2017, 01:06 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
No one is "just [going] after Mexicans". Not every illegal who sneaks across the border is a Mexican. In fact, so many are not Mexican that the government has a term for them "OTM" which means "other than Mexican". And, yes, plenty of "illegal Chinese, Haitians, Indians, Filipinos African's[sic] and Hispanics" have sneaked across the southern border. How does it happen? They fly to Mexico and hire coyotes.

While a wall won't stop those who overstay visas, it not only will, but has, stopped many from coming. Did you miss where I said the wall Bill Clinton built at the San Diego/Tijuana border has drastically cut down on crime and illegal crossings?

Even in "Mayberry" leaving your door unlocked is never a good thing. Someone passing through town could come in and rob your place.disp

Do some research. Read up on what life is like for those who live along the border. Read up on BP agents that have been attacked, even killed, by illegals. Read up on all the trash illegals dump on fragile desert eco-systems.

Trump didn't use the H1-B visa program at Mar-a-Lago. He used the H2 guest worker program. So, yes, I have looked into it. Most Americans aren't looking for seasonal work. They are looking for year round employment.
You think a wall will stop coyotes? There is such a thing called boats.

And Trump advocating cutting the Coast Guard to pay for his wall will mean all the traffic will go out to sea.

Plenty of Americans would love seasonal work.

Trump hired H2-Bs, which displace Americans at the bottom of the economic ladder, and never made an effort to find Americans who could do the jobs before importing help.

Old 12-29-2017, 01:53 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
No one is "just [going] after Mexicans"........
You don't understand. Democrats force themselves to believe that Republicans are "going after Mexicans" and "hate brown people" and are "anti-immigrant. They have to believe that!

If the Republican party does not believe all those things, then the Democratic argument makes no sense. And, Lordy!, we can't have that!

Old 12-29-2017, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
You think a wall will stop coyotes? There is such a thing called boats.

And Trump advocating cutting the Coast Guard to pay for his wall will mean all the traffic will go out to sea.

Plenty of Americans would love seasonal work.

Trump hired H2-Bs, which displace Americans at the bottom of the economic ladder, and never made an effort to find Americans who could do the jobs before importing help.

I'm sure it will cost the illegals even more money if the coyotes have to take them by boat. After all, they will have to land the boat somewhere in the US where they wouldn't be detected. Considering the population densities along the coasts, that would be very difficult to do without getting caught. So, yes, the wall will stop a lot of illegal crossings. Once again, when Bill Clinton was president, he had a wall built on the San Diego/Tijuana border which drastically cut down on illegal crossings and crime.

Do you have a link where Mar-a-Lago didn't attempt to find Americans and legal immigrants? Again, most Americans and legal permanent residents want year round work, not seasonal jobs. Seasonal jobs are different than when they were when resorts that opened on Memorial Day and closed on Labor Day. Back then, it was easier to find college students to take such jobs. Times have since changed. Haven't you noticed? Resorts open well before Memorial Day and close well after Labor Day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration