Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 01:17 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Therein lies the rub. Since people here illegally have still have citizenship in their own country, and do not have permission to reside in ours, are they under our jurisdiction?
Yes.

Quote:
If the answer is yes then why aren't diplomats' children born here automatically granted US citizenship?
The link below is from 2010. I don't know if the current situation is the same as at that point in 2010.

National Review

Old 01-11-2018, 02:16 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
I love how the alt-right linguists made up new terms for Dementia Donnie like "chain immigration" and "anchor babies." They know how to convey hate and fear to their followers in just a few simple words. They're ignorant, but not stupid.
Kind of like your side does with "assault rifles"?

Old 01-11-2018, 05:20 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
They just don't want to let go of the past. Immigrants and foreigners scare them since they can't possibly ever assimilate into american culture
Let's have only the ones in favor, be taxed to cover the cost of the life time for that baby and his entire family he gets over here!

I guess a government monthly check will not cover that and liberals will change their tune right away.

Chain migration is only lived by liberals as they feel it gives them more votes.

But many legal aliens are Trump supporters and that's where the left miscalculated what they wished for!

I'm strongly against chain migration even though I can legally get most of my family over here. So far I haven't sponsored anyone for a path to a green card as I preach as I do!

If they want to come here they should come here based on merit based immigration.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:41 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Hard working, poverty ridden, minimum wage low class labor is slaughtered while criminals, killers, rapists thugs, drug dealers, kidnappers, and pedophiles live and roam free in our cities, enjoying their birth right to US Citizenship.

Instead of invading 7/11s, How about we send some of this police to Chicago, Detriot, East St. Louis to arrest some thugs too who are an actual threat to our society, our children, our safety and our tax dollars.
Talk to your ineffective local police about that.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:54 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,664 times
Leftists will side with illegals over citizens every damn day of the week. It's time to just shut Leftists out and don't do a damn thing for them if you are ever faced with the chance.

Old 01-11-2018, 06:25 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,117,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
I love how the alt-right linguists made up new terms for Dementia Donnie like "chain immigration" and "anchor babies." They know how to convey hate and fear to their followers in just a few simple words. They're ignorant, but not stupid.
Too bad for you, but your views are anathema to American values. The terms you deride are factual and very easy to understand(even for a Leftist).

Both "problems" are going to get resolved so you may want to purchase some extra kleenex.

Old 01-11-2018, 06:27 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,117,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Keeping America safe from dry, overcooked hot dogs and stale candy items. Well done, Mr. President
You are so right! Get these people out of here!

Old 01-11-2018, 06:44 AM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Or just let them work these jobs that nobody else wants and spend our resources on fixing our broken immigration system instead.
Who told you THAT lie?

Read and learn:

Perhaps this will help you understand the problem, and it's only getting worse:

Quote:
"Undocumented immigrants were more likely to work in white-collar jobs in 2012 than they were in 2007, according to new analysis from Pew Research Center."

Where America’s undocumented immigrants work - Washington Post

Old 01-11-2018, 06:50 AM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Utter nonsense! We have no problem with legal immigrants in reasonable numbers that express that they want to assimilate into American culture. The topic is about ICE and that has nothing to do with legal immigrants but illegal aliens.
You have to remember that liberals don't have the cognitive ability to be able to recognize the difference between legal immigrants and illegal aliens. Sad, but true.

Old 01-11-2018, 06:52 AM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You have to remember that liberals don't have the cognitive ability to be able to recognize the difference between legal immigrants and illegal aliens. Sad, but true.

Because they lack respect for the rule of law, period.

We must understand that about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration